Hi there,New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trewly XSive View Post
    We had a working 1100 XS special, and one for parts. It's been modified a tad...So (technically) it's an 80-82 XS 1100 Special.

I'll have to consult with my partner on this
    Correction after consulting with my BF the bike is an 80-81.

Comment

Info on the XS

Correction after consulting with my BF the bike is an 80-81.
      Ok here we go I'll do my best to get this straight.

this 1980 XS 1100 Special SG (basically) was bought when it was 10 yrs old (swapped parts from a 1981 XS 1100 Special SH)

To many mixed parts really.The bike was rearended in 2004,final drive was from the 81 SH. (Front End 81 SH)

Bottom end and transmission 80 SG, Cylinder heads (bored out) and the Carb 81 SH, Air Box 80 SG.

all other bits swapped out eg. L engine cover 80 SG/R engine cover 81 SH (the ones that were the least scratched up )

Rear Ended in 2004 Back fender bent, Back is now kicked up.

Fixed the back fender by making it shorter,and shortened the front fender but changed it back (as seen in pics) My BF drove it through a pile of worms and there was a pretty disguting mess,So we changed it back EWW lol

Those pics were of the bike only days after coming back into the light of day again (Revivial 2009 !! ). We have made some other minor changes and it looks great and runs fantastic. Soon as I can I will post more pics !!

Hope this clears things up a bit, And Wesley I hope I got it right

Cheers!
      Last edited by Trewly XSive; 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM. Reason: info mod

Comment

Info on the XS

Ok here we go I'll do my best to get this straight.

this 1980 XS 1100 Special SG (basically) was bought when it was 10 yrs old (swapped parts from a 1981 XS 1100 Special SH)

To many mixed parts really.The bike was rearended in 2004,final drive was from the 81 SH. (Front End 81 SH)

Bottom end and transmission 80 SG, Cylinder heads (bored out) and the Carb 81 SH, Air Box 80 SG.

all other bits swapped out eg. L engine cover 80 SG/R engine cover 81 SH (the ones that were the least scratched up )

Rear Ended in 2004 Back fender bent, Back is now kicked up.

Fixed the back fender by making it shorter,and shortened the front fender but changed it back (as seen in pics) My BF drove it through a pile of worms and there was a pretty disguting mess,So we changed it back EWW lol

Those pics were of the bike only days after coming back into the light of day again (Revivial 2009 !! ). We have made some other minor changes and it looks great and runs fantastic. Soon as I can I will post more pics !!

Hope this clears things up a bit, And Wesley I hope I got it right

Cheers!
        Ok I double checked my notes, and everything is correct. Thanks for all the comments,hopefully we can come on a ride sometime.
        Last edited by Trewly XSive; 08-13-2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Welcome to what is arguably, (as most things are arguable,) the most elite motorcycle brotherhood/sisterhood there is.
          Special Ed
          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

welcome u will find no better guys for knowledge
            1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Very interesting history. Alot of these bikes are actually what we affectionately term "Frankenbike"s. Your is pure special at least and from the two most similar years. Obviously tough to spot the differences.

Anyway it goes together, it looks very good! Congrats on ressurecting a beautiful bike!!
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
              X