Am I a dog??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
    Next we'll be dyeing our hair, and shaving our armpits, too.
    Uhhhh....... The teenie weenie boys around here are already doing that. They also look like they fell face first into a tackle box. What ever happened to just having long hair and a tatoo. I am such a throwback...
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Well, I rode for a while sans helmet, it was always on the lock on the side of the bike. And one day I hit a car and went flying and when I was coming down head first I REALLY wished that helmet was NOT on that lock. Fortunately, I was very strong from working out daily and quick thinking and wrapped my arms around my head and only got a fractured elbow out of it.

Yeah, I like the feel of the wind and do lift my face shield now and then to let the air go by, but when that idiot pulls another duck in my lane as he stomps his brake move and I go flying again, I want more than luck keeping my brains inside my head. If that makes me girly, then hand me the arm pit razor and hair dye.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

I've always been a little bit concerned about the way I look. I used to blow-dry my hair every morning, then I switched to a style where I just added gel every morning. I did that until I started riding last fall. I still make sure I put moisturizer on my face every morning though. However, that is mostly because my skin will get dry and itchy if I don't. I tossed around the idea of using a smaller helmet at first, but then I saw this picture. The numbers are enough to remind me that I like my face enough to protect it from the road as much as I can.

1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

hmmmm

Moisturizer and gel?

My you are a manly man aren't you??!!!
          Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
          1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
          1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

A few months ago I was in Idaho and the semi-truck ahead of me was carrying an open bed of sweet onions. The smell was so inviting that instead of passing him I just tagged along behind for a lot longer than I usually would have. Later that day went to the store and yes, bought a bag of onions.

More and more of my rides are out in the farmlands where the the smell of crops are part of the experience. Just have to get past the smog cages in the city first....

Comment

Originally posted by Trainzz View Post
              Moisturizer and gel?

My you are a manly man aren't you??!!!
              Well, combine that with the fact that I don't drink alcohol or coffee (never could stand the stuff), and I guess I don't always fit the "Manly Man" mold. The ladies seem to like it though!
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

Larry, that must have been one sweet jaunt (pun intended, of course).
                And, Bug, I can still benefit from the smells even with my full-face on. I made sure I got one with great ventilation.
                Re: hair gel and face lotion..... you really left yourself wide open on that one....lol!!
                1980G Standard, Restored
                Kerker 4 - 1
                850 Rear End Mod
                2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                Automatic CCT
                1980GH Special, Restored
                Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Oh, I know. I'll just chock it up to "taking one for the team"...

And I think my favorite road smell, though it was not while on the bike, is freshly harvested celery! I remember that one from when I was s kid in So. Cal.
                  Last edited by CatatonicBug; 08-04-2009, 10:45 PM.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Hey Bug,
                    I know what you mean about the celery harvest....
                    Interesting side note, while in the US only the stalks of the celery are eaten, in most Latin countries the root is eaten as well.
                    It is a tuber, like a potato, only softer and more watery. Good eats with butter!! It's called chayote.
                    1980G Standard, Restored
                    Kerker 4 - 1
                    850 Rear End Mod
                    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                    Automatic CCT
                    1980GH Special, Restored
                    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
                      Hey Bug,
                      I know what you mean about the celery harvest....
                      Interesting side note, while in the US only the stalks of the celery are eaten, in most Latin countries the root is eaten as well.
                      It is a tuber, like a potato, only softer and more watery. Good eats with butter!! It's called chayote.
                      I dunno what you were eating, but it either wasn't celery roots, or it wasn't chayote. Chayote is a squash, on a completely different plant, grown above ground.

There is a different thing that is often referred to as Celery Root, called Celeriac, but it's not the same plant as our regular celery, and is more like a turnip.

Last edited by CatatonicBug; 08-05-2009, 03:58 PM.
                      1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

One of the worst (and chronic!!) smells in my area comes from the tidelands that are exposed when the tide goes out. If you look at that video I made for Ivan you'll see an open expanse of water at the end of the vid. Thing is that all that water is less than 8 feet deep when the tide comes in and it is absolutely dry when the tide goes out. When it's dry the stench is overpowering. (that's why I make sure to check the tide tables before I ride that area...)

Dogs Loooove it!! It's the ultimate mud/stench bath for them. I found that out when I doggy-sat for a friend. Who knew???

Comment

Originally posted by Larrym View Post
                          One of the worst (and chronic!!) smells in my area comes from the tidelands that are exposed when the tide goes out. If you look at that video I made for Ivan you'll see an open expanse of water at the end of the vid. Thing is that all that water is less than 8 feet deep when the tide comes in and it is absolutely dry when the tide goes out. When it's dry the stench is overpowering. (that's why I make sure to check the tide tables before I ride that area...)

Dogs Loooove it!! It's the ultimate mud/stench bath for them. I found that out when I doggy-sat for a friend. Who knew???
                          Two.... no, three words.. Rotten cabbage fields.

Thank god I dont go by them ever, but if you do you'll know it. Its an experience in its own.
                          '79 XS11 F
                          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

" I'm a smoker so it's not like I have the sharpest sense of smell...
                            Am I alone at this? "
                            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                            79 DT 100

Comment

i must be weird cause all i notice is the cow shhhhstuff........ LOL

I'm also from the midwest tho
                              1980 XS1100 SG

81 Support Your Local Illinois Nomads 81

Comment

Cobia, yes, I too enjoy the different scents while riding country roads. Freshly cut grass, maybe a certain type of flower. I guess we all enjoy the smell of a BBQ.

You want to talk about torture, try being out on a boat, out of food and unable to go back to the dock due to work schedule (patrol) when you suddenly catch a wiff of a BBQ or maybe some fish frying.

One smell I like is sort of bizarre since I always thought it stunk as a kid. New England seaweed. I mean, it does stink, but after living in South Florida for 21 yrs where they don't have the same seaweed, the scent I'm referring to is more of a reminder of the past, hanging out at the NH seacoast as a kid.

I was just talking about scents among other things with two Navy guys who use to be on a cruiser. When one of the guys said how things can smell so different in various parts of the world, I immediately mentioned how you can smell the trash burning in Haiti from 20-30 miles downwind when offshore. YUCK! That and other reasons is why I never left our ship (cutter) when moored at Porta Prince.

Don
                                currently own;
                                1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                                2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
                                X