• Show
Clear All

That was a joke...?
    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

I agree.......

with Guy. I thought it was a pretty impartial, factual, and informative description of an event that has happened. Up to and including the licking part.................
      Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
      1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
      1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

Smell is one of the reasons I love driving at night, around here. In the mountains with all the evergreens, etc.

Especially after a rain...
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Don't feel to bad Ivan, my jokes are often followed by "nobody gets me but me." And I have not taken any pain meds in about 18-20 years, so I can't even put it off on the pills. Then again, maybe its all flashbacks....yeah...thats it...thats the ticket..yeah!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

You know where I'm coming from Cnuk.....particularly if you don't wear a full face lid.
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

I could never figure the point of riding an open-air vehicle, while sealing my head in a fishbowl...

'05 ST1300

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
                I could never figure the point of riding an open-air vehicle, while sealing my head in a fishbowl...
                I prefer this -

over this -

but that's just me.
                http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Bug splat

Don't taste very nice. also i waltzed onto a warm of grasshoppers (locusts) several years back wearing a flannel shirt doing about 85 mph, those bastards hurt. seriously pleased that i put up with BS from mates and had visor on open face

Comment

Used to love those evening rides on the levee roads in the CA. Delta. Damn those June bugs hurt!!
                    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

I think you are pretty normal. One of my dislikes are road kill. You can really get a good whiff of road kill on your bike, that's not too pleasant. Just like you, I enjoy riding in residential areas experiencing all the different smells. Fresh cut grass, bar-b-ques, different flowers, trees, restruants. Maybe your really missing out on something that would make your ride much more enjoyable with your "crippled" sense of smell. I mean.. whats more important? Enjoying the more fine things in life or coughing phlem up every morning just to suck another death stick down? Don't get me wrong, I have chewed for years. Don't mean to be a hypocrite here.
                      1979 XS1100 special

Comment

personally, i duck.

31 years of open air, vs 31 years in a fishtank, just in case.

'05 ST1300

Comment

I can't duck

that quick. hard shelled bugs at high speed hurt and i don't need more scars on my face. am ugly enough as it is. prefer open face but always have visor for out of town riding

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs. Men wanting to be pretty....

Next we'll be dyeing our hair, and shaving our armpits, too.

Strange part is, I look at least 10 years younger than I am, or so they tell me... So maybe the bug guts are a skin protector.

'05 ST1300

Comment

The smells are both my most favorite and least favorite part of riding. Worst smells are the summer roadkill. Best smell memory happened on my trip to TN five years ago. It was springtime and we were riding through Indiana just after a rainshower. Combine that with the farmer tilling up the earth in the field next to the road, and on top of it, the honeysuckle was in bloom. Oh man, that's one step shy of heaven.
                              -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                              '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                              ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Aint never gonna be pretty,

can live without being called that, but just don't need the pain of impact or the joy of getting bits of bug shell out of my face call me a woose if you want, i can live with that

Comment

Working...
                                X