Clear All

Gonna send this in front of my train:-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N97Ts...eature=related
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Thats a great photo.
      Now picture the snow about twelve inchs below the crossbar on those telephone poles.... Have you seen the Pentrex video of the big steam rotary snow plow back in the 50's when they were blowing snow durring that bad snow winter?? Wow.
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Originally posted by latexeses View Post
        Thats a great photo.
        Now picture the snow about twelve inchs below the crossbar on those telephone poles.... Have you seen the Pentrex video of the big steam rotary snow plow back in the 50's when they were blowing snow durring that bad snow winter?? Wow.
        I have a great video from Pentrex that I think was shot in the '80s,they derailed,shooting icecicles with shot guns. I have a picture of the big steam rotary from '82 I took in Ogden Utah,it's in 35 mm but I have it some where..awesome machine.
        '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

If my train gets stuck they put me to work getting it unstuck

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=268687
          '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

That's earnin' yer wages..
            RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Hey Bill, looks like you're not the only one going to be riding a train next week. I guess I'm headed out of town for a week or so (leaving Monday the 16th) should be back on the following Monday, at some point or another, Iwill likely be riding one of these:

it should be lots of fun, I'll be thinking of you....from the third world I think this next one is of the terminal.

have a good vacation, stay out of trouble, I'll see you soon. Have a nice day and ride safe
              Last edited by Ken Talbot; 02-10-2009, 09:20 PM. Reason: removed extra img tags, spaced images for better display formatting
              I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I give

What Country is that Matt? Travel safe Bill and you to Matt. Spring will be here soon and don't need to lose two fo the SWOHXS crew to injuries.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Those pics were taken in Dhanbad, India. I will be traveling to Raigarh next week. Rumor has it I'll be flying from Newark to Mumbai (Bombay),Mumbai to Raipur (been there, lots of mosquitos in the autumn months), then a train to Raigarh (should be a 4 or 5 hour ride). Apparently, the train is the preferred method of travel between Raipur and Raigarh as the road was described as "hard" by those who have been in the neighborhood before. I can relate as of the three times I have been to India, I have had business in Bokaro City and the 3 hours by car (SUVor otherwise) getting there from Ranchi were "Hard" one time I swore I'd be peeing blood within a day or two, best described as a back breaker. as to being careful, it'll be alright, this isn't my first rodeo, survived 2 weeks in Pakistan in 2005. I'll only be gone a week or so. Weird part is that it takes 3 days to get there and 1 to get back, I give you the details sometime. traveling to strange places has its rewards, you get to see some cool stuff. For example:

sometimes it's real cool, other times not so much. I've been there enough times to know I'm ready to go someplace new....someplace I can get a burger, and bacon in the same trip seriously though, I don't mind the travel, but it's always good to get home. have a nice day and ride safe
                  Last edited by Ken Talbot; 02-10-2009, 11:56 PM. Reason: deleted extra img tags, spaced images for better display format

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Well, things are looking up, so to speak. My trip to India has been cancelled. I can't really say that I'm disappointed, I've been there enough times and am ready to see a different part of the world. unfortunately, the only places that my company does business is in the third world, it's not that they don't want business elsewhere, it's just that most of the steel industry that is in an expansive mode is in the third world. we still have a good bit of business here stateside, but in an international sense, it's all happening in India or China. Anyway, I'm pleased, the problem has been solved without my having to fly half way around the world hooray!!! Have a nice day and ride safe

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I know the feeling Matt. On a much less grand of scale though. I have driven over 1,000 miles for work this week. Was scheduled to be in Chicago tomorrow but it got cancelled. Not really unhappy about it either. My kids might even recognize me by the weekend.

Previously owned
                      93 GSX600F
                      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                      81 XS1100 Special
                      81 CB750 C
                      80 CB750 C
                      78 XS750

Comment

Yeah Don, I know the deal, one run goes away, another comes up. I have to go to Delta, OH tomorrow morning, I'll be back as though it's a regular work day, three hours up, three back, two on site. should be a nice easy day. beats flying around the world. have a nice day and ride safe

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Not as exciting as India but I'M BACK!!!
                          '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Exciting is a relative word Bill. My trip to India may have been canceled, but I ended up driving to Butler, PA on Tuesday, spent Wednesday in the Mill, Drove back on Thursday, unloaded, reloaded and drove to Paris KY. Spent Friday morning in the mill, and drove back in the afternoon, filled out all my paperwork and went home for the weekend, lots of fun. I suspect I'll be heading out for Milwaukee, then Granite City next week. No confirmations as yet, but I still suspect. so how was the trip, fun I hope. have a nice day and ride safe

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

A little tired Mat but it was a great time,only have a pic or two on here,this is from thursday in the Columbia River Gorge...

Saw lots of snow going thru Donner Pass and the Cascades heading towards Portland....try for a few pictures later..but was a great trip.

Bill
                              Last edited by Ken Talbot; 02-22-2009, 09:42 PM.
                              '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Looks beautiful Bill! Glad you had a great trip! You missed all the great riding weather though Thursday was like the new ice age around our part of town, black ice everywhere!

Get some rest and then we expect to see all the great pics.

Previously owned
                                93 GSX600F
                                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                                81 XS1100 Special
                                81 CB750 C
                                80 CB750 C
                                78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                                X