Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you going to do your XS/XJ this winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't 5 minutes after we started that the cold front came thru.

Yeah, I rode over to Talihina last weekend when it was nice. I watched the sunset up on the mountain, then went to the little bar there in Talihina for a couple beers and a burger. When I came out, it was warmer than when I went in.. so I figure I'll take the long way home on a nice night like this. I got 20-30 miles outside Talihina and that front hit. I bet it dropped 30 degrees in a mile! I went from visor up and coat unbuttoned to.. F-F-F-F-F.. SHOOT it's cold! I wasn't quite as prepared for it as I was yesterday and I still had another 80 miles to go! Yeah.. I got pretty dang cold last weekend, but I still got to ride several hundred miles.

Yesterday, I had to go to Byron's Liquer Warehouse on 23rd and I-35 to stock up the liquer cabinet! lol. They are cheap enough that it is cost effective to go clear to OKC to buy. Either that, or it's as good an excuse as any for a ride! I'm glad I didn't wreck on the way home.. I had four 1/2 gallons of alcohol and two 1/2 gallons of margarita mix in my bag. Woulda been pretty messy! I tried to call XSChop.. but he's an unsociable cuss these days.. I'll skip him and try you next trip! lol.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Interesting, Tdog ...

For those of us who don't already know, tell us the deal on your tank, please. Looks like a cool new gas cap is on there? What are those 'studs' sticking up there, sir?
      80G Mini-bagger
      VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
      79SF eventually dismantled for parts
      79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
      79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

hate me now!

I'm hardtailing mine! Fat tire chain drive white walls ape hangers and a solo seat! Oh and a side mount tag with led lights. Double stack halogen headlamps Rectangular one hi one low beam! Yeah and paint it of course! It's gonna look SICK!!!

As far as mechanical goes, i'm throwing on some new carb holders, pod filters, oil change, all new fuel and vacuum lines. New grips.
        Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
          Yeah, I rode over to Talihina last weekend when it was nice. I watched the sunset up on the mountain, then went to the little bar there in Talihina for a couple beers and a burger. When I came out, it was warmer than when I went in.. so I figure I'll take the long way home on a nice night like this. I got 20-30 miles outside Talihina and that front hit. I bet it dropped 30 degrees in a mile! I went from visor up and coat unbuttoned to.. F-F-F-F-F.. SHOOT it's cold! I wasn't quite as prepared for it as I was yesterday and I still had another 80 miles to go! Yeah.. I got pretty dang cold last weekend, but I still got to ride several hundred miles.

Yesterday, I had to go to Byron's Liquer Warehouse on 23rd and I-35 to stock up the liquer cabinet! lol. They are cheap enough that it is cost effective to go clear to OKC to buy. Either that, or it's as good an excuse as any for a ride! I'm glad I didn't wreck on the way home.. I had four 1/2 gallons of alcohol and two 1/2 gallons of margarita mix in my bag. Woulda been pretty messy! I tried to call XSChop.. but he's an unsociable cuss these days.. I'll skip him and try you next trip! lol.

Tod
          Hey big next time your up for a ride pm me. I live on sw29th and robinson and i'm always ready to roll the yamerhammer! Hahaha and i'll stock up on my jager at byrons! hahahaha!
          Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

i'll stock up on my jager at byrons!
            Ya know... I've had three hangovers in my life. Two of them were from when I was a teen, chugging MD 20/20 (Mad Dog). This last Feb, I experienced another one from Jager and Red Bull. You can keep all that liquid licorice to yourself! lol.

For some reason.. I'm thinkin' ape hangars aren't going to be the first choice for staying warm during winter riding... Although I did see some guy recently with them in Texas with Hippo Hands on his bars! (Yeah.. looked pretty stupid.. lol.)

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

"....experienced another one from Jager ... "

Uggghh. Only drank it one time ... met a cutie in a little tavern in Huntsville who introduced me to the evil stuff, I drank maybe 4 drinks .... after that I don't remember anything until I woke up in Charlotte the next day .....couldn't imagine how I'd gotten there but apparently, I musta' drove.

I've heard that there is some other psycho-active ingredient in there ... but I've never done the research to find out. Strong medicine, that stuff ... Vick's Formula 44 comes to mind ...
              80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
              79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

I don't remember anything until I woke up in Charlotte the next day
                OK.. How many of you were waiting for the punch-line...*Raising my hand

Tod

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

well, there Tr ..

that's about a 400 mile drive ...reasonably long way to go and not remember gettin' there, don't ya' think? That was my only point. No punchline intended other than that I agee that the Jager seems to be some pretty potent stuff.
                  80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

OK.. How many of you were waiting for the punch-line...*Raising my hand

Tod
                    Wiz,

I think Tod's being a dirty old man.....he was figuring the "cutie in the tavern" was named Charlotte. I only understand because I too am an ODB.

Scott
                    1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
                    dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
                    MikesXs 35k Coils
                    8mm plug wires
                    42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
                    (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
                    Kerker 4-into-1
                    Shaved emblems
                    Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
                    Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
                    Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
                    Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
                    Custom Dual Headlights
                    Lots of time and hard work.

Comment

Mad Dog

Ya know... I've had three hangovers in my life. Two of them were from when I was a teen, chugging MD 20/20 (Mad Dog). ......................
                      Tod
                      HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

A friend of mine did that the night before his sisters wedding. I wanted to shoot him the next day, because I hated to see him suffer.

Man, it was stupid, killer cold here yesterday. -5 and 20-30mph. Some of that Canukian air leaked down. That's February stuff, eh.
                      XS1100SF
                      XS1100F

Comment

LOL.. Sorry Wiz. Dabubble understood what I meant. I knew I liked him for some reason! lol.

16 degrees this morning.. gonna ride to work to see if it's do-able. Only a 6-7 mile trip, so even if it's too cold it won't hurt for long. Supposed to be 34 this afternoon though and I know I can ride in that. Not really any difference than riding a snowmobile.. people can ride those when it's really cold? As long as there isn't ice on the ground... I haven't seen mod to install skis on the 11 yet..

Tod

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100

Comment

I'm 23 years old and everybody tells me that when i get older then i'll start getting sick the mourning after i get drunk. But i've bee fall down drunk and i've gone home with a big girl once, a bunch of times. But everytime i wake up after drinking jager (my absolute favorite!) i always seem to be really refreshed and had the best sleep!

now thats not to say i don't get beer drunk. I hate that. Too much beer makes me have this miller lite after taste all the next day. I have to drink like 12 cokes the next day just to get rid of that taste!

But as far as the liquid candy goes. I'll have another, and another, and another....

Comment

Here's a photo of my parking lot after this weekend's snow.

Come on April!!!!

Don
                            currently own;
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                            2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

You guys are too funny ...

I know I coulda' expanded the story some and possibly made it more clear, my bad. Didn't wanna' bore anyone ... lol

BUT, having apologized in advance , here's what I DO recall as far as the girl went .... she said she was on her way home to Charlotte and waiting for a flight out of Huntsville (where I was working temporarily) the next afternoon. I think I musta' either let HER talk me into takin' her home OR talked her into lettin' ME take her home .... dunno which way it was for sure .... but ....swear, I don't remember anything else.

"...always seem to be really refreshed and had the best sleep!"

This kinda' lends some credibility to the notion that there are other, possibly even mind-altering, alkaloids in Jager besides the alcohol. Have you heard that too, Bow?
                              80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

Man, I always stuck with 151 baccardi. Needless to say, I have had much moire than three hangovers, and woken up several hundred miles away from where I last remembered being. But 151 was the cheapest way to get myself and my friends drunk. It will also substitute for fuel, if you happen to wake up somewhere in southwest Hitchcock county Nebraska with no fuel left in the car.
                                Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                                X