No announcement yet.

150mph cop chase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you say I deserved the hassle, keep in mind, that when I changed cars I was never pulled over again.
    Damnit, and I thought I had the only civilian marked car. Was yours a Fiat X-1/9?
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I will agree to some degree on this cop issue in the respect that like anything else in this world there are good and bad.
      I don't know how it is in other countries with your police but over the years I have paid citations and the ones I questioned there was a court date that I attended and had my say. I was NEVER rude at the scene and didn't get in a verbal match with the officer, I never badged a fellow officer to get out of a citation, and never went with the "Rodney King" macho poor me and they will never take me alive attitude. There is a court date on our citaions = use it and take what it delivers with grace. But where does anybody get off with trying to run from the Police just astounds me to know end.
      I am proud of my profession and most of the officers I have worked with and will not sit on the sideline and let me and them be bashed as a general group. You would not sit by if the post noted bikers are dirty law breaking folks that eat their young.
      We all know this is not true but some folks think that is what we are. So think about it before lumping a group into your posts.
      Motor cop

Comment

This was in my today's e-mail fronm one of our patrol officers:
        I'm not sure if everyone can see this video... But so true! It's from the Baltimore Police Department media outreach program!

http://www.baltimorepolice.org/join-.../cop-for-a-day

Cut and paste the link in your browser. You may have to do it from home due to the url link.

Hop

Take a look.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

It worked for me and Thank You.
          As mentioned there are some jerks out there and they need to be weeded out and fired as with the same in any working field.
          Motor cop

Comment

Originally posted by Nulle
            You would not sit by if the post noted bikers are dirty law breaking folks that eat their young.
            We all know this is not true but some folks think that is what we are. So think about it before lumping a group into your posts.
            Well, that statement has been proven by my post labeling them as miscreants, Nulle. I made the original post as a test and to show a point, that it's easy to make judgements even though all the facts are not known or presented before us. The resulting reaction by a couple of posters is exactly what I expected. If they had read my second posting they would have read that I really don't think of them as miscreants.

The gentleman from Australia is vigorously defending the issue with the daughter/cop, but does he really know the whole story? It can't possibly be that the daughter "forgot" tell the whole story to her father! We'll never know, so we take the side of the daughter because it is the popular thing to do.

To make this clearer, I have been stopped 7 times in my driving life, and ticketed only 2 times. 3 times I received a warning, and all three times I was able to show the officer that what I had done was not an intentional act, and I had done so in a respectful manner, not kissing azz, but being respectful, and they appreciated it. They weren't harassing me, I had done something wrong unintentionally, and they were doing their jobs by stopping me and making me aware of it.

The remaining 2 times I was stopped was because, in separate situations, I was driving my Toyota pickup I had at the time that matched a vehicle they were looking for. In one instance the officer stood just behind my door with his hand on his gun (not drawn) and requested my information. I told him it was in the glove compartment so he'd know I wasn't going for a gun, he said okay, I got the stuff out and handed it to him. He told me to wait there, went back to his car and radioed in. He then returned, handed me the paperwork, apologized for the stop, and explained that they were looking for a robbery suspect driving a mid-80s blue Toyota pickup with Rhode Island plates.

The other instance I was ordered out of the truck and to the side of the road, again hands on their guns (not drawn). I gave them the information requested, they determined I was not the person who murdered someone in Providence and fled in a mid-80s blue Toyota pickup. They again apologized and let me go.

In both instances they were different police departments (one was State Police) and I did not lip them off. I am sure that if I had gotten indignant and "asserted my rights" things would be different, even though I may or may not have been in the right. But to me, it's just plain stupid to do so, because I may need their help in the future.

You can live in your dream world and claim they should do this and that because they are professionals and paid to do so and thus are our slaves to be mistreated any way we like, but the bottom line is people will treat others the way they are treated. You treat the police with respect and common decency, and in most cases, they will treat you in kind.

If they don't, record everything that went on as soon as you can, don't embellish the facts, be truthful about your actions, and go after them in a court of law. Don't try to make the situation worse at the scene, because you may not be successful in court. Keeping your mouth shut and being respectful at all times will result in a successful lawsuit later that will hurt them more than anything you call them at the scene.

It's all about attitude...just honestly put yourself in their shoes. There are going to be cases like Crazcnuk, but I still have a feeling there's more to his story that isn't being told, or that he may not even know, as to why they kept after him.
            Last edited by BobE; 09-01-2008, 11:18 AM.
            BobE
            Richmond, RI
            1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
            2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
            1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
            1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
            1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
            1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
            1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

"Damnit, and I thought I had the only civilian marked car. Was yours a Fiat X-1/9?"

1972 Super Beetle.

"It's all about attitude...just honestly put yourself in their shoes. There are going to be cases like Crazcnuk, but I still have a feeling there's more to his story that isn't being told, or that he may not even know, as to why they kept after him."

They kept after me because I didn't kiss thier ass. They kept after me because they don't like that. It obviously wasn't my driving. I find the cops have far more attitude than most the people they are dealing with. When your the one with the gun, your attitude wins.

It was also 27 years ago. I got $3500 in damages. Less than 10 years later it would have been worth at least $100,000.
              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

You know its funny how some people claim, to just know there is somehting else going on than what really is.And they swear that everyone else just dont understand.One thing Ive learned over the years is ,if I think I am 100% right about something yet most everyone around me sees something different,then I probably arent seeing things quite clarly.
                80 SG XS1100
                14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

1972 Super Beetle
                  Back in the early '80s I though Albertans weren't allowed to have anything under 400 ci under the hood. Maybe they mistook you for driving a golfcart, on the public highways.
                  Ernie
                  79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
                  (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

It was my Grandma's car, you know only driven to and from the grocery store!

I got it in 1980 with 27,000 original miles on it.
                    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

It was my Grandma's car, you know only driven to and from the grocery store!
                      I got it in 1980 with 27,000 original miles on it.
                      And with no salt out there, that would have been one sweet bug. I picked up a '73 Parisienne Brougham in '80 with 100k on it. Once I repaired the rust, it became pretty good cruiser bait... multi coloured body panels and long hair tend to help.
                      Ernie
                      79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
                      (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Originally posted by egsols

And with no salt out there, that would have been one sweet bug. I picked up a '73 Parisienne Brougham in '80 with 100k on it. Once I repaired the rust, it became pretty good cruiser bait... multi coloured body panels and long hair tend to help.
                        while it may not be the same as on the coast, in the winter time we get a lot of salt and sand thrown on the roads. very messy. vehicles should be washed nearly every day to keep the salt off the metal and prevent rust.
                        K. Johnson
                        -1978 XS750SF - brought back from the dead with carb
                        triple clean and boots
                        -1982 XJ1100J - brought back from the dead by
                        replacing motor after throwing #4 rod
                        -1985 XJ750XN - shim job, oil change, ride. not bad for
                        $500 including new rear tire.

Comment

Working...
                        X