X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150mph cop chase...

http://www.startribune.com/local/27349539.html
    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
    1982 XS650
    1980 XS1100g
    1979 XS1100sf
    1978 XS1100e donor

I hope it was his lawyer he made that phone call to!
    I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
    3J6 003509
    Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
    Fuse Block Upgrade
    Mike's XS Green Coils
    Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

Unless they have some way to prove it was him, they don't have a chance.

Once they lost sight of him, he can just say 'it wasn't me'. It's really hard to get the licence number from a bike on it's back wheel.

I know of several people who have out run the police, then stopped and waited for them to catch up (usually having a smoke on the side of the road). None have ever been given a ticket, let alone convicted.

This is why you make sure you have nothing on you or your bike that is uniquely identifiable (if yor the speed demon type).

Chances are though, being an idiot, he admitted it!
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Dallas made it where the cops can't chase you on a bike if your speeding. They chased a guy about 5 years ago and he ended up wrecking and dying, family sued the police and won.
        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

OHMY fricking G.O.D. I pulled those stunts down on 35E north dallas 20 yrs ago every nite! Thank you Lord I never got caught and THANK YOU God I didn't die.
          My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

Many moons ago, Laverda 1000 Jota vs Goldwing (he started it). We blew down a mountain road (I was in front). Stopped to wait for the rest of the guys to catch up, we had time to take our helmets and jackets off and were halfway thru a smoke when 3 sheriff cars come sliding around the corner and wrote us both up for everything from racing on highway to reckless driving. Took mine to court. Got everything dismissed 'cause of "loss of visual contact". Seems the sheriff deputy only had a discription of "two black motorcycles" racing down the mountain. Judge asked him how many "black motorcycles" went down this road, he answered alot. Judge asked him if he was sure ours were the two "black motorcyles" that were racing, "no sir" he replied. "Citations dismissed" said the judge. I got a talking to from the judge, he figured it was us but because of the "loss of visual contact", he was obligated to dismiss the tickets.

As for the 150mph chase, it was nice to read somone actually could ride his rig well 'nuff to blow the cops off. Most of the time, these jet jockeys end up crashing. Maybe next time he will pull behind a building to make his call.
            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I have come to learn that you can't out run the boys in blue.

My anger management counselor, also an avid biker, calls them "the largest gang in the world". I think it fits.

It has been my experience that, if indeed you do out run them, they find some other group of superfluous charges to throw at you. They can also detain you for the evening on suspicion of something or another. I think it was an unsolved murder that took place when I was 13 months old, in my case.
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I've outrun them on several occassions.

Not for many years now, mind you.
                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

The advent of in car camera systems will soon make identification a lot easier for the law.

Over here they have a roadside system that can read your number plate, pull up all your rego and ticket details and notify the operator before you pass the unit if your rego is expired or there are outstanding tickets.

Not difficult to adapt to in-car systems, they'll just be waiting for you at home, and a fraction of a second is all they need to record your plate. And these systems are much higher resolution/speed than current in-car camera systems.

Comment

Saw on local news this weekend.... 16yo was riding a mc (no make/model mentioned), saw the police doing control checks up the road, made a u-turn and ran... cops went after him, he subsequently lost them but in the next town didnt quite make a turn and got himself killed.

Maybe I forgot to mention... 16 year olds cant get a licence for anything that can wheelie, so I expect he wasnt on a 125.
                    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

A coworker of mine down in Clearwater, FL lost his daughter a couple of years ago. She was on the back of some idiot's bike as he tried to outrun the Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies. He thought he could make a corner going too fast, hit a guardrail. They both died. Pretty brilliant....

Don
                      currently own;
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue
                        Dallas made it where the cops can't chase you on a bike if your speeding. They chased a guy about 5 years ago and he ended up wrecking and dying, family sued the police and won.
                        The flip side of that is if a cop is chasing a driver and the cop wipes out and dies, that driver will be charged with vehicular homicide in many states if not all. Just an FYI.
                        currently own;
                        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

And just why are we endangering the public and ourself in this kind of **** anyway ?
                          Motor cop

Comment

I don't know... why WOULD a cop endanger the public and themselves over a simple motorcycle speeding? lol.

Tod
                            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100
                            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

just wait unil the cops get roof mounted heat-seeking gps guided intercontinental ballistic cruise tasers. then we better slow down and start using our turn signals.

Cop: I had you on sattelite tracking doing 55.116382 in a 55. You also have an outstanding parking ticket in Argentina. The laser scan indicates you are .001324 mm under the allowable tread limit on your front tire 10.765 degrees clockwise from the valve stem. The gas analyzer indicates you have a lean cylinder misfire on #3. Furthermore, the in car MRI shows that you have two packs of Camel Wides on your person. The legal limit is 19 cigarettes at any given time. What have you got to say for your self?

Me: I farted too.

Cop: I'm going to have to take you in. Environmental contamination is a very serious crime.
                              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                              X