Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha new XS for the Tokyo motor show!!! Thats right, brand new XS (looks good too)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe its the HD thats the clone of everything else.
    Lets face it... HDs were popular in the US coz they were american. The fact that they were ameri-cant didnt bother ppl coz they didnt want other crap. Then some movies came out and HDs spread across other continents. We had a bunch of army WLAs here, since US army tended to prefer Zundapps and BMWs during the war. We got lots of those too.
    But I guess I see your point... in my country they make Tomos mopeds. There are a LOT of those around and Im sick of tomoses and tomos knock-offs.
    However I still fail to see any similarity between the XS-V1 and a hardley.
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

The similarity is in the engine configuration a V-twin as opposed to the inline 4.Dont get me wrong I think its a nice looking bike but it isnt breaking any new ground here.I have seen 25+yr old Yamahas that are tricked out and are more slick looking machines...IMHO....YMMV
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Let's face it.....UGLY!!! Why another V -thing? ...and where's the PIPES!!!...and they way they're sticking the rear/fender area up in the air?...like my cat when she's in heat! Can you'all remember the 50's cars? First low in the back, then high in the back and dropped in the front, then low all the way around. Ha. Same here; they're all going through a phase, and we all have our favorites. I think our hot inlines with visible pipes is what makes our XS's special. Oh, yes, and carbs!! Lots of'em! Let's hear those carbs sucking the wind!!
        Geno

Comment

1970 : First Yamaha ripped off British (Triumph) styling for their allegedly "new" X1 650 cc paralell twin. They, YMC, successfully stole the British bike market while our Limey cousins were off napping ...

2007; now they are 'ripping off their ripoff' just to make a butt ugly XS/Virago/V1 wanna-be-retro Harley clone. What a waste of good steel, good manufacturing talent and facilities.

Whose market is the target this time - the USA's own fat-assed suburbanites with fatter still wallets? There's no accounting for taste.

Bring back the real XS11 - badder than ever, updated and even faster. Although I can see some new era XS-ers turning their new bikes into larger flat-trackers ... What, you can't see a sidelong resemblance to HD's infamous 750 V-Twin San Jose Miler?

Who was that writer who said, "We live in an absurd universe" ?
          79 XS11 Standard F stock "Big N Blue"

Comment

Yamaha's Virago Flattracker

YMC fielded a victory-challenged Virago based flat tracker in the 1980s.

See link > http://www.cycleworld.com/article.as...article_id=315
            79 XS11 Standard F stock "Big N Blue"

Comment

Tokyo Motor Show

http://homepage.mac.com/konakona/PhotoAlbum13.html
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Huh. They're all searching for "The next big thing", and I haven't seen it yet. The humped gas tanks, the lay down style, the up in the air rear fender....hmmm. How about a GYROSCOPE to keep the bike from being layed down..or keep it within a certain degree range from vertical. Take corners better. ? Engine in the back ? Any ideas, anybody?
                  Geno

Comment

new xs?

first thought virago? second thought why? third thought no thanks!
                    Fastmover
                    "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                    lion". SHL
                    78 XS1100e

Comment

I like it. I have no problem with the fact that it's a v-twin instead of a parallel twin or inline four or whatever people think it should be. The seat looks a bit thin, but this is only a concept bike. If it goes into production, I'm sure the seat would be thicker, and the all-glass headlight would become a more conventional design.

A 1000cc V-twin naked standard would be a very enjoyable bike to ride. Being a Yamaha, it wouldn't cost too much. Say $8500 max. I could easily see myself getting one.
                      1979 XS11F Hazuki ('cause she's always trying to make me her slave.)

Comment

Working...
                      X