Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha new XS for the Tokyo motor show!!! Thats right, brand new XS (looks good too)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not seeing any front turn signals either. I don't know...it has a pretty good look. It would have to give a good ride for me to like it. Definately it is no XS11.

Originally posted by trbig
    Am I just not seeing any rear brake pedal or foot pegs for the front?
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy_b_g
      I'ts OK, I can't really get worked up about it. I do however, like the MT-01, a bike they've never seen fit to import here.
      http://www.motorcycledaily.com/yammt.html

[/URL]
      Ye, the MT-01 is a v-twin I would go for. If I had the cash of course.
      79 XS11 special

Comment

I personally think it's ugly (eye of the beholder and all that). The tank logo almost looks like it says Schwinn
        Why do the manufacturers think everyone wants a V-twin?
        The MT-01 with an inline 4 could be a screamer, even in smaller displacements.
        I'll stick with my old bike. It does fine by me.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Yep!! that XS V1 is FUGLY!!!!!

I think its about time you lads got together and privately imported the XJR's or the new CB1100 that Gaffer posted about here, sounds like you'd sell em by the bucket full.

XJR1300

Tom
          Tom
          1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
          1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
          1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
          1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

XJR1300

is a thing of beauty... the best of both my worlds (FJ and XS)... If they ever bring them over here... John's first born is in trouble

As for the new XS... How can they call it an XS? There is nothing XS about it... is there?

I like the retro-modern styling... but it doesn't have the brute force look of our bikes...
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

This very same discussion is going on over at the XS650 forums. How about a parallel twin?
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

That was my thought. The first XS was the twin, and the "retro" should have the same look! The "V" is a B.S. wanabe, and it just does NOT look right.
                JMHO
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I hate the rose color paint job with the matching cylinder head fins but change that to black and I'd love it.

They should go for a more Dunstall style on the mufflers and the pegs are too far rear-set for those bars but I think It's a good start and perhaps what the Sportster should be.

I could see me ridding one but it would have to be good handling for me to be interested.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by TomB
                    Yep!! that XS V1 is FUGLY!!!!!

I think its about time you lads got together and privately imported the XJR's or the new CB1100 that Gaffer posted about, sounds like you'd sell em by the bucket full.

Tom
                    I don't think my driver's license would survive an XJR1300 but I want one anyway...

Geezer

Comment

I don't think my driver's license would survive an XJR1300 but I want one anyway...
                      I want one as well but its my wallet that wouldn't survive

Tom
                      1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                      1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                      1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                      1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

as a concept bike its beautiful,as an XS it sucks nuf said
                        lifes to short, so ride the wind

Comment

I didnt like the pink either.
                          My GF said it was copper.
                          Eh well...
                          I guess everyone is entitled to his/her own oppinion. I dont mind (as long as its the same as my own )

But TBH, I have no clue what you guys see in inline 4 engines. Must be the most boring type out there (notice I didnt say it was bad). But for me, riding is all bout having fun. Older bikes are at least crappy enough to make the ride interesting.
                          About XJR... the ride is great, less boring than ZRX, but not quite sure I would buy one. Made me think bout the brakes on my XS tho.... but then again... every bike does that.

LP

PS: V6C was never ment to compete with hardley. It was ment to eat miles, and thats what it does.
                          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

While I dont think this bike is ugly...I question why Yamaha cant be more original?Do they feel so insecure abt their own designs that they have to copy H-D?I am sick of all the V-twin clones and wannabes'.I guess Yamaha has forgotten their own motto..."Go Your Own Way".My 25 yr old MadMax..an XJ1100 Maxim has more individuality than any of these wannabes',Thats what i like abt it.It also has a more muscular and viceral look.I do like the XJR1300 but Yamaha is too wimpy to offer it here in the U.S.A.Just what we dont need is another H-D clone.
                            Last edited by madmax-im; 10-25-2007, 05:57 PM.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im
                              "Go Your Own Way".My 25 yr old MadMax..an XJ1100 Maxim has more individuality than any of these wannabes'
                              Are you aware that the XS11 design is a knock off of the Italian MV Agusta?

Both V-twins and in line fours are as old as the hill and are not limited to one make. I'm willing to bet H-D didn't have the first V-twin and obviously not the last one.

Geezer

Comment

Geezer:Actually i was not aware that the XS/XJ11s' were a knock off of the MV Agustas'.Its true that both designs are old as the hills.I just am tired of every body and their brother riding H-D clones.If you look at the majority of bikes today essentially this is what you find.So with that mentality..I find that my old inline 4 is more of a standout than todays H-D clones.So I guess that Yamaha is even less original than I thought!
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X