Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Cynthia be riding with us?

Comment

Count me in. I may be on a Honda, rather than the preferred mode of transport, but I plan on caming along. Sounds like fun.

Patrick
      The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
      1969 Yamaha DT1B
      Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

No, Cynthia will not be riding with you all..David would literally come back and haunt me. We used to ride all the time when we first started dating and after we were married but after we had our daughter I was always afraid to ride in fear that something would happen to the both of us at the same time and leave our daughter without parents.

He tried to get me to go with him so many times after Adriana was born and I would always refuse although I did enjoy our rides in the country. I've been on the "Pathfinder" one time after Adriana was born, we stuck her between us one evening when she was probably about 2 years old and rode about 3 blocks from our house to our cousin's house.

Since then, I have been on the back of a bike one time and that was the day of David's funeral services when I rode on the back of Dan on his Harley in the tribute ride for David.

As much as I would like to go with you all, I will have to respectfully decline.....love to all, Cindy
        Cynthia Delzell

Comment

Sat ride...

Wherever this Sat ride takes us, I must insist that a visit to the cemetary to visit Dave is included. I couldn't take his baby out of the state without his knowledge.
          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
          Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system
          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I totally agree with Richard. Greg, maybe you guys can follow me to the cemetary and then you all go on your ride from there. That way you'll already be in the country......
            Cynthia Delzell

Comment

All those in favor say Aye

Aye!
              I think that would be a great tribute!
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

AYE! I think that is an honorable tribute, to show that his legacy continues. Hopefully, I wil be available. I do not know yet. If I am off, maby I could follow you John. That would be cool.
                United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                Acta Non Verba

Comment

Hi all, I sure hope this finds everyone doing well and getting ready to head to Houston. I heard from Richard (Planedick) this morning and everything is still on for him coming in on Nov. 24th.

This is what I would like to do. I would like to have everyone that is coming in that Friday the 24th to come over to our house around 6:00 for dinner. Nothing fancy, just some good bar b q and great conversation.

I also have some hotel information for anyone that may need it. Also, if you are planning to join us Friday for dinner, please send me personal mail so I can have a head count. I can also give you hotel info at that time if you need it.

I am so excitied about this and looking forward to meeting everyone that comes. Love to all, Cindy
                  Cynthia Delzell

Comment

I will be coming in Saturday morning. ETA is "on time".

Succubus may be riding along also.

Looking foward to this road trip. Dang, I had to beg off the shopping trip the ladies had planned that day.
                    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

We're committed...

No webbcraft...not THAT type of commitment...

We arranged a room last night... so one way or another... we'll be in Houston that Friday.
                      BBQ sounds great!

By the way "webby" (can I just call you Spiderman? )... the REALLY good deals are on Friday morning around 0500. You won't have to miss a thing!
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

What Hotel?

SWMBO and I are gonna come down Friday morning, stay Friday night and go back Satruday night sometime.

Where's everybody staying? I looked at a few hotels at the corner of US290 and FM1960.

greg
                        Gone but never Forgotten:
                        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                        2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                        2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Hey Greg

I just sent you an e-mail with our hotel info if you are interested...
                          81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

Re: We're committed...

Originally posted by Wildkat

We arranged a room last night... so one way or another... we'llBy the way "webby" (can I just call you Spiderman? )... the REALLY good deals are on Friday morning around 0500. You won't have to miss a thing!
                            I don't know 'bout you, but I am going to the lake Friday. The way I figure it, everyone will be at the mall. Have put in my order for "fair and sunny, temps in the mid to high 70's.
                            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Well shoot webbcraft...

you were the one lamenting the fact that you would miss the sales... I can't believe you would miss Black Friday to go to the lake!
                              Especially if the weather is nice... nothing like standing in lines and fighting over things you could have gotten for the same sale price three months ago.
                              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Got a room too!

Reserved a room at the same hotel.

greg
                                Gone but never Forgotten:
                                1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                                2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                                2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X