Well, I did it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feed destination..

Oh yes, don't forget the feed bag. Reason for the ride, right? I must be lucky, SWMBO is always suggesting I "take a ride"! Good part is, when I go she really gets into housecleaning. Lots less for me to do. LOL

We don't need to do a whole Texas tour for that Sat ride, and a place to eat where we can "shoot the bull" without standing out too much.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

When you ride an XS11, you always stand out!!!!!

FYI, leaving Austin 'bout 7am Saturday morning. Should easily put me at meeting point on time.

I have reviewed the content of the previous threads and have determined that Planedick is the "new guy". Please review the rules concerning the "new guy" and be prepared to comply. I for one, will be mighty thirsty.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

FNG

Not only do we stand out, but when we blow by at 90 MPH, they always ask, "Did that 29 year-old-bike just blow by me?"

I totally forgot about the new guy rule! We all will be thirsty!

So what I was thinking about as far as a little ride...

From Delzell's, maybe head up 249 passed Tomball, right onto 149 for a piece, then left on 1488, pass by Daves's cemetary, wave or stop for a bit. Then take 1488 into Hempstead, and 290 west to Brenham.

Eat Lunch at the Southern Flyer 50's style diner at the Brenham Municipal airport. Dave, Dave and I used to eat there before "goin' to church."

We can hangout there for a while, and then, if folks are up to it, we can take 36 out of Brenham, down to Belville and 352 back into 1960 and on to Delzell's house for the terminus.

Or, after lunch, we can kick it back on 290 East back to Delzell's.

Either option is good, and will give us a little riding time.

Suggestions are also welcome!

greg
        Gone but never Forgotten:
        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
        2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
        2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I don't know if my XS will be ready for a road trip by Thanksgiving. It's close, but that likely will be before I've done enough shakedown rides on its newly rebuilt everything to be comfortable on a round trip from Austin to Houston. If y'all wouldn't be too embarrassed, however, my restored 1975 Honda CB750K likely will be up for a good ride. I think I might like to trail along.

Besides, I owe Dick one for the Vetter mount he gave me.

Patrick
          The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
          1969 Yamaha DT1B
          Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Any rig is cool!

Bring it!

greg
            1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Does that include four wheels?

and kids?
              Still trying figure this thing out as John has to work Saturday... definitely WANT to make it down though.
              If we can't make it... y'all have a great time!
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Kids, four wheelers, livestock, and pets all can come. As for the ride route, I am game for about anything (Wildkat, leave that one alone! ).

Comment

New guy rule...

Haven't heard about the "new guy rule", but new guy has one of his own. No alcohol, it just don't mix well with XS11's.
                  You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

Drilled airbox
                  Tkat fork brace
                  Hardly mufflers
                  late model carbs
                  Newer style fuses
                  Oil pressure guage
                  Custom security system

Comment

Unofficial "New Guy" rules. These have not been endorsed by the GURU's and should be construed as being XS law. They have however, been submitted to the "Man Law" board for review.

#1 Gotta love XS11's.
                    #2 When in doubt, gas it.
                    #3 New guys buys first round at rallies/meetings. "New Guy" badge will remain until replaced with another new guy.
                    #4 New Guy status is not restricted to a specific region or state.
                    #5 New Guy status is not restricted to a specific gender. "Guy" is for reference only.
                    #6 GURU's can override any rule, any time.
                    #7 See #2.

This rules list has been expanded somewhat from the previous list to cover a few more bases.

Comment

Awe man webbcraft...

you take away all my fun...

Things are looking a little more possible for us too... May have to cage AND ride sharing along the way... John can't sit that long... not sure I can either... no matter how much practice you think I have.

#6 GURU's can override any rule, any time.
                      Hey! Kind of like SWMBOs...
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Sat. ride....

Well, not knowing the area, I went to online maps for the ride trip. Some of the routes mentioned after lunch aren't shown, but looks like about 150 miles total. I hope you understand I need to load everything afterwards and I would really like to at least get outa town Sat evening so I don't have to deal with so many returning from the holidays. I would like to get away before dark if possible. I will have to remove the fairing and mirrors as the trailer is only 4'2" tall inside. If we are back to Cindy's place by 3 PM would be nice. I'm in the middle of building a special machine for Anderson Bat Co. and needless to say he isn't interested in any delay. He says he has over $200,000.00 in backorders and wants to be up & running ASAP. Anyone who owns his/her own business knows what I mean when I say customers are always right. LOL

Drilled airbox
                        Tkat fork brace
                        Hardly mufflers
                        late model carbs
                        Newer style fuses
                        Oil pressure guage
                        Custom security system

Comment

Dick

No doubt that there will be plenty of helping hands there to assure that the bike is broke down and loaded in time for a timely departure.

Comment

Off the hook....

OK so you are now the new guy. That means that PlaneDick is off the hook for the first round!

It just a joke. There is no first round. Heck, a lot of the TeXSives don't drink alcohol, self included.

Quote from another thread...... By Skippy?

Drilled airbox
                            Tkat fork brace
                            Hardly mufflers
                            late model carbs
                            Newer style fuses
                            Oil pressure guage
                            Custom security system

Comment

Skippy (Greg) where are you baby!!!!! Get Richard a short ride in place to where he can meet everyone and have some great TEXAS bar b q then get some rest before he has to get on the road again.....Greg, I know that you know what I'm thinking so head em up darling and get the "Pathfinder" a ride!!!!!!! Love to all, Cindy
                              Cynthia Delzell

Comment

Yeah, that's me.

I'll look at some maps tonight and talk with Hippie Dave and see what we can come up with.

We can have you back to Cindy's by 1 pm easily. We can then help you remove the items and get secure in the trailer.

That will give you some rest time too!

I'm starting a head count. So far I an thinking:

PlaneDick, Hippie Dave, WildKat and John maybe, Webcraft and me. Any other TeXSives?

greg (Skippy344)
                                1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X