Spin on oil filter adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin on oil filter adapters

Anyone that has a spin on oil filter adapter or spin on oil filter and oil cooler adapter I would like to buy a couple for projects I'm working on.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Hi Greg, I have one. I have not put on the bike yet. If you noticed that I'm modernizing my SG to EFI which will also include an oil cooler so I'll probably end up fabricating my own with a temp thermostatic bypass..... I'll take a pic of what I got and send to you if you're interested.
    80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3924.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	862989
      Attached Files

Comment

Interested. Pm me. Be patient, sometimes it takes me a minute to reply.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Never easy Greg, seems your message quota limits are exceeded......

Bax

Comment

Originally posted by Bax View Post
            Never easy Greg, seems your message quota limits are exceeded......

Bax
            No they aren't. I'm still on the first page. The powers that be are still trying to get this new forum working correctly.

Anyway, what are you wanting for that adapter?
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Try again Bax
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Same result. Some of the guys had to delete their deleted items to restore PMs..

---Bax

Comment

Cleared out my trash. Check your messages.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Anyone on here has a drawing with dimensions of this adapter? Some friends of mine here in Holland would love to have one...
                    XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
                    MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
                    Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
                    Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
                    Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
                    Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Hey there Mathh, I used to make these years ago, had a machinist help in designing one. The one BAX has looks like a commercially made one, thinner than what I had done, so not sure how well it will fit?. I'm on my laptop right now, I have drawings(Crude) with measurements and such that I can send you via EMAIL so you guys can make your own if you really want to. Send me an email to topcatgr "AT" that hotmail.com server, and then I'll have your addy to reply to. Greg, sorry I didn't reply to you earlier when you asked about getting a couple made for your projects. With SWMBO's oral cancer battle, now undergoing weekly CHEMO, and also having to care for my 93y/o demented mom, just not much time to spare, plus my garage is NOT climate controlled so not fun standing at the little Harbor Freight/Mill/Lathe combo for several hours to crank a few of these out.
                      T.C.

PS Mathh, see this tech tip to show you how it looks, however I made some modifications including the O-ring/channel, and machining less material out of it to speed up production, and add strength to the plate area. https://xs11.club/forum/modification...filter-adapter
                      IF you select that subforum and then look at the oil cooler adapter, you can see the changes, plus the oil cooler is even thicker due to needing more room for the channels/fittings to/from the cooler radiator of your choice. Being in Holland, I can't see you guys needing the oil cooler version, but you can see how to make either if you want.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey Bax, where did you get that adapter, and was it specifically made for the XS11, or some other model, ie. Venturer/Vmax?? A closer view of it shows that the recess in the middle around the mounting threaded pipe doesn't look deep enough to fit the XS11. The XS11's threaded knob that sticks down from the engine that the OEM filter bolt screws into sticks out around 0.67" above/below/beyond the OEM filter housing mating surface, that's why the S.O.F.A (Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter) that I made had to be about 1.15" thick to allow enough depth for that protruding threaded stub AND have enough thickness for the central threaded section to have enough threads to provide a strong mounting onto the threaded mounting pipe.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Wish you still made them TC. I could really use a couple SOFOCAs.

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

TopCatGr58 I collected that SOF plate quite a few years ago after my first oil change on the SG = big mess. I'm not sure where I got it, some web site for sure, I would have been sure to get one listed for XS models, if something else was shipped to me it would have gone unknown sitting in the garage parts closet Never attempted to install it as I had an inventory of filter cartridges I was using up (still have one left). Passing it along to BA80 as I will incorporate an oil cooler into the bike with thermostatic bypass and an oil temp sensor to run into the ECU. I just decided to make one up that'll include those features in the same adapter.

---Bax

Comment

BA80 Greg, preemptive apologies if it does not fit as TC suspects.

---Bax

Comment

Working...
                              X