Spin on oil filter adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bax View Post
    BA80 Greg, preemptive apologies if it does not fit as TC suspects.

---Bax
    If there's any way it'll work I'll find it. I have one of TC's on Ol' Okie so there's that. I have something to pattern by.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Going by TCs posted dimension, an OEM cooler insert in the stack may resolve the clearance issue.
      ---Bax
      80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

I have 2 of those. We'll see.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hey Bax, What you say makes sense, I think I remember seeing a plate like this attached to the bottom of an OIL cooler type plate, this would allow it to be much thinner just needed to have clearance for the custom NUT/BOLT/threaded pipe combination that I've seen made for the cooler plates, it doesn't stick out that far from the surface of the cooler plate. BTW, if you're wanting to put a cooler/SOFA type plate on yours, I've got the diagrams, measurements that I used to make both my SOFA and SOFCA and could send them to you if you like.

Hey Mathh, I went ahead found your email addy with my ADMIN access, and sent you a copy of the diagrams/descriptions of measurements and how I machined them, hopefully you can use them, and hopefully your email addy on the site is still accurate/correct. IF you don't receive them, first check your junk folder because it will be coming from Hotmail.com and many email servers set those unsolicited emails a JUNK/SPAM. Next, if you still don't find it, then drop me an email with your current address.

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TopCatGr58 Hey TC, appreciate the offer, I won't turn down the measure drawings. It would definitely help me by not having to drop the filter to get the dimensions I'd need to make up the adapter.

--Bax
            80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Hi TC! Thanks for the drawings, just ordered some aluminum to get started ...
              XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
              MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
              Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
              Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
              Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
              Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Bump...........................
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Got this one from Bax. Fits fine with the oil cooler plate on there.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                  X