2021 Colorado Rally, July 15-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    Mtsteve, you and Greg (BA80) have some Montana stomping grounds in common it looks like. Good work on the bike!
    Moved here to Tulsa from Billings 24 years ago.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

SWMBO is up for the rally! That tells me it's going to be a trailer the bike for me, but we'll have the tow vehicle if it's needed. I'm not in Cali anymore, so it's a little less distance for me. I'll have the '79 Special that Bob worked on in the early 2K time period, I think. Paint will be slightly changed, as it needed one side cover and I didn't know what was on the bike for black.
      I'll look into a motel shortly.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Nice, that sounds great!
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

OK, booked the room. Friday through Monday, as four days will be too long for SWMBO and dogs. We should be over at the camp site Friday late afternoon. If Brent is there, Penny and I can catch up with him and the boss waiting for everyone else. Looking forward to this, as it's been four years since the last CO rally!
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Excellent! You know where we'll be. 😊
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

New site is up. It is pretty basic and based on previous years design. The link is https://www.appleattic.net/XS2021/xs2021.html

I doubt I will make it this year. Just diagnosed with prostate cancer, tests later this week to see if it has spread to surrounding soft tissue and bones. If so, radiation treatment would be indicated. It is just to early for me to make any summer plans right now.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hoping for the best outcome for you Jerry,

JUst read your reply and you can bet all of us at xs11 are hoping for a great prognosis. You're a great guy and great attitude, plus you ride a Yamaha Xj1100 Maxim, so you must be cool also. Take Care, Mike in Sun Diego

Comment

Jerry, thank you for the link to a rally page again, first class stuff for you to do that each year. Ditto on Mike’s words, you are in my prayers friend. The willingness for you to always lend a hand and help out is second to none. Riding sweep for the rally when needed is an honor when I am leading the crew on the road, looking forward to see you in the mirror again soon! You got me into this rally thing when I went to my first rally in Durango, 2011. Your inspiration and that of Motoman and DiverRay got me putting on this Rally in 2014 after a few years of not having one to go to in this neck of the woods.

Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hello all ,and in particular Jerry ,Thank you for setting up the web page and your participation in the rallies in years past,I am praying for you in relation to your cancer diagnoses. Hopefully all will go well and we will see your smiling face again this year, Take good care of yourself and be well my friend.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes, guys. Ray, tried to send you a private message but received a response saying you had used up your private messages allocation? Thanks for the card!

Jerry
                      Jerry Fields
                      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                      '06 Concours
                      My Galleries Page.
                      My Blog Page.
                      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hello everybody that is thinking about attending the rally or those already coming. Despite digging out from almost 2 feet of snow here in Palmer Lake today, I got out on the bike last weekend and had visions of all you guys in my rearview mirrors heading out for the days ride at the rally, LOL.

Wanted to let you know the Red Mountain RV Park where we are basing the group camping site also has cabins available for rent nearby the campground. $139 a night however depending on the cabin, can easily hold two or more people. For anybody considering or already coming to the rally these would be a nice alternative to a hotel and with multiple occupancy brings the cost down nicely.

Sarah is the contact. Red Mountain RV Park: 877-375-9593

Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hello all, just wanted to get this thread back on the main page so guys can see it. Going to be a good time July 15-19 in Kremmling Colorado.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hello XS’ers, talked with the campground yesterday, checking in and confirming everything and got to rate for camping locked in. $15 per person per night on the nice grassy group site. Hotels nearby, see opening post or the link in my signature line for places to reserve.

I know most of the regular suspects are coming and would like to get an idea as it starts to get to summer how many additional guys may be coming, so post up here.

Ride on and ride safe!
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hey Howard! Just touching base. I still have Colorado penciled in. Being a lazy ass old man and haven't touched the 79 (Green Hornet) in a couple months. Might end up on Ol' Okie again if I don't get busy. He's old, high mileage, and smelly things come out the tailpipe anot as fast as he used to be but dependable.............OH.......WAIT.....THAT'S ME.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Yep, as you and the bike have both aged, you and Ol’ Okie are made for each other. Lol.

That bike and you have done some serious riding out here with respect to Pikes Peak, Cottonwood Pass, Monarch Pass, Trail Ridge Road, Red Mountain Pass, Wolf Creek Pass and all the historic towns it’s been through. Hope we can add Mount Evans to that this summer, the highest paved road in the USA. Higher than highest contiguous road in the USA which was Trail Ridge Road or the second-highest which was Cottonwood Pass last summer. Mt. Evans is higher than Pikes Peak by 150’-ish (14,265’). Those are notches in the bedpost most guys never get to do one of, you have done them all.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X