Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Cattle sure seem to like being on the highway

The old Double Dare (go ahead and make my day) stare on CO141 in western Colorado

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1034.JPG Views:	60 Size:	143.6 KB ID:	865913

Monday AM riding west off Gore Pass on CO134

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0844.JPG Views:	61 Size:	151.9 KB ID:	865914

Blast around a curve and don't expect to see barnyard behavior in the middle of the highway

Jeff
    "Cattle sure seem to like being on the highway".

Well, if I had to hazard a guess I'm thinking it'd be the "hooves warmers" that double as streets/thruways for us humans.
    Gotta feel good based on the number of ungulates I've seen clogging roads across the globe...
    But hey, what do I know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
      Wow, that tire just flat (no pun intended) came apart.

Bob, glad you got it changed and that's the nice thing about these guys, always there for each other. Like Richard's Magna going dead stick 45 miles from Kremmling on the Sunday ride. Harry and Russ loaded their bikes on the trailer since Richards bike was to be loaded last anyway for the trip home. I rode shotgun with them on the 90 mile round trip to fetch the bike, then they headed home together on Monday.

Fwiw, Richard swapped out the TCI when he got home and it fired up. It was quite a hot day (93 deg F at 7,500+ feet) as we were riding through the high plains on 131 in the twisties, sweepers and fast straights on the Sunday ride.
      Cool! Glad to hear Rich got it going again!
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post

Cool! Glad to hear Rich got it going again!
        Lol, I thought he had his reason to pick up another bike! That 1986 Magna has sure done it all out here in the rallies. However wire coatings are cracked everywhere we looked when trying to find the problem at the side of the road 45 miles from Kremmling. I can't tell if it's still running the original radiator hoses. In any case, he sure knows how to ride that bike and it's cool to have older bikes in the mix. Love the Honda V4's, would love a 1980s vintage one in my garage for fun someday. Always liked the looks of the V45/65 Sabre.
        Last edited by Bonz; 08-05-2021, 03:23 PM.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
        X