Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Special Ed View Post
    I got clutchless shifting down anyway!
    You know, you tore up those canyons last time I was up there and I didn't even know you were missing a gear until we got back to Santa Cruz. Your bike runs just fine, man!

I finished up the 750 final drive yesterday. The temporary seat was made out of a piece of cardboard, a neck pillow and a spider bungee. Yeah, it was a tad uncomfortable but if there was any problem at all with the driveline I would have felt it through my spine immediately.

The seat looked really goofy and felt even worse. I have TCI-itis today.

I wound up doing a 200 mile 'test' ride with the 750 final drive. It was only supposed to be a couple of miles on the freeway and back but somehow I just kept going up the canyons and back down. Eventually I stopped by my buddy's place and he and his wife got on their bike and we went on a 150 mile run up to Ojai and back. I got over 40 MPG.

The loaner seat arrived today!

I'll be on my way up norf tomorrow - lookout!

Regards,

Scott
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Well, the rally is done, the ride was GREAT!!! and the games were FUN!!!
      3Phase made it up late Friday night, and we talked for a bit on the phone before he went off to eat, and get some rest.
      Saturday morning we got together, went over the turn signal light problem, and then rode up to Felton to register for the ride. We arrived about 20 minutes before the posted start time, and got our registration and then a quick bite from a local coffee shop. There were three members, 3Phase, Special Ed, and myself, as well as one other XS and an XS owner on a Harley Davidson.
      We fell into the middle of the pack and headed up Felton Empire Road. This was my first time riding in a BIG ride, and the trip was quick, as the leaders would keep up a quick but safe speed. I thought there were a lot of bikes, but once we headed north on California Highway 1, and I saw the lead bikes about 1/2 mile ahead, I realized just HOW big it was! I was in the middle to rear of the pack, with about 100 bikes behind me!
      The ride went on for about 80 miles with one stop at La Honda for some liquids and a second card for the poker hand. After about a 45 minute rest, we went on to the finish line, and the REAL refreshments and games!.
      They had some of the normal "man" games, such as holding up a one gallon jug of water in each outstreched arm (I was third of six to drop out, but I beat the kid!!), team spark plug contest, womens' beer drinking contest ( I WON'T describe it, as this is a family site!), and female boxing.
      plaques were given for the farthest to ride for the ride, won by our own 3Phase!!, and prize money for the best high and lowball poker hands.
      We all left about 6:00pm, and headed for home. I'll let the REAL wordsmith, Special Ed, fill in the details, but we ALL had a good time. I'll try and post a picture or two, if I find any good ones.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Darn, really wish I could have been there.

I could have won that "Farthest to the ride" award.
        1981 XS1100S (former)
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Sorry James, but there WAS a rider from Reno!! It's over 360 miles from Simi Valley to Felton!!!
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Back

at about 10:00 PM - long ride; pics and stuff tomorrow!

Regards,

Scott
            -- Scott
            _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

The perp walk, some pictures, and a show

This is the slideshow link

If you don't like the way we ride - Stay Off The Sidewalk!

Under normal circumstances we would have received a sternly-worded memo
              at the very least....

Two XS11s ponder all the developmentally disavantaged motorcycles with missing cylinders
              clustered around the Camp Kerr pool

The neighbors are green with envy

DiverRay teaching the boys a lesson in the mens' jug lifting contest

A half dozen women teaching everyone a lesson in the womens' jug lifting contest

Special Ed's Special parked poolside

DiverRay's Midnight Special parked poolside

Takin' home my trophy

My trophy

When I washed my bike this morning after getting home I found that
              metallic rapping and ringing noise I kept hearing all weekend

Now it's off to the muffer shop for me!

Regards,

Scott
              -- Scott
              _____

Comment

Working...
              X