Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REFFI,
    We can ALWAYS Find a time to ride...

Update on Brookdale, DO NOT BOOK!! It seems the new owner does NOT like to follow the county codes, among other problems........
    Jay's Timberline Lodge may be a better bet, 831-336-5478. I have NOT called to see if there are any rooms as of yet.
    Ed and I did ride part of the route today, and it looks like we will need to stop for pictures at least six to eight times!!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

At the risk of overkill, what about something around Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo in October?

Ralph

Comment

That sounds like a GOOD idea to me. SWMBO and I want to go down and do the wineries in Paso..... Maybe we can combine the two, or at least do some "scouting" before going down in something that will carry a quantity of wine.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG

Comment

"At the risk of overkill, what about something around Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo in October?"

Only trouble is the iffy weather. We are in a drought and really, really, need some rain! October is going into our usual rainy season. As I'm sure you know, we haven't had a drop in a couple of months and could really use it!

Ralphbs, sorry we won't get to ride with you, but you live so close by we can go on a ride just about "Any Sunday!"

Ray and I went on a ride today to fine tune the Labor Day route. It will include Big Basin Park, the legendary (in our own mind,) Hwy 9, Skyline Drive, Alice's Restaurant, La Honda, Pescadero, Pigeon Point Lighthouse, perhaps micro brews, wine tasting rooms... my brothers and sisters of XS, if you do not join us, you will be, you will be cast into the purgatory of rides that may have been!!! You will be kicking your arse until... well, until the next really cool opportunity comes along!

My muse sez I've had enough scotch and that I should stop now and post more details regarding meeting places and such at a later date, before I become too (define too!) inebriated!
          E.Liberty
          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

I need to start hearing from those who plan on making it. RSVP's don't y' know. Need to see how many plan on rolling in Saturday night, and how many plan on being here Sunday morning. This is so that we can make sure there will be table space for us at an appropriate eatery. Resturants tend to get booked up around here on that week end.
            E.Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

Late in September is a possibility for me assuming the monsoon season in Oregon doesn't start early.

BTW, I wish I could send you some of the rain we're getting. It feels like October today.

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Next time around

Hi Ed,,,,,this weekend is out for us three xs'rs. The bro inlaw and I wont ride through the central valley hell this time of year. September through June is good but late summer is, for us san diegans and Planedick, a death run through the central valley for one day of great xs companionship. So, best to those that can make it, have a ball, and if any rallies pop up later in the year,,,,,were in. Hello to the Yosemite rally'rs, LoHo, Ed, Tkat, Planedick, Scott, Ralph, spouses, Gary, Test bike dummy, DiverRay, and others I forgot.......Mike in san diego
                mike
                1982 xj1100 maxim
                1981 venture bagger
                1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                1959 wife

Comment

Hi Mike,

The Labor Day Rally is pretty much coastal or in the coastal mountains. Weather should be good and the ride up, if you take PCH, should be a treat. The tourist traffic, of course, will be a biyatch.

Ralph

Comment

Tonight I head south in "the truck". Tomorrow has me delivering to:
                    Los Angeles,
                    Torrance,
                    Fountain Valley:
                    Anaheim,
                    Long Beach,
                    and City of Industry (where I spend the night)
                    Friday I go to:
                    Compton,
                    Maywood,
                    then a pick-up in Sun Valley.
                    I then head east through:
                    AZ, NM, TX (never been there), OK (another new state for me), KS (new), MO, and IL.
                    We'll see if they send me right back home.
                    So looks like I'll be on the road for 2 weeks and can't make this ride.
                    If anyone sees a Dot Foods truck (#1157) that's me.
                    BTY, last Wed I was going southbound on I-5 in CA around Fresno and was passed (twice) by an XS1100 special. Anyone here?
                    Pat Kelly
                    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat,

Too bad I'm working tomorrow. Fountain Valley is right next door to Costa Mesa, maybe we could have met for a cuppa or lunch. I don't envy you heading to AZ on a Friday.

Ralph

Comment

Any idea where you guys will be on Monday? Is there a close-out breakfast? I may make a day trip over. the recent death of my MIL has jumbled our leisure activities, but I may be able to skip out for a morning run to the coast...
                        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

LoHo,
                          I'm thinking about a place in Santa Cruz near the 41st Ave. Off Ramp of Highway 1.
                          It's called the "Silver Spur", and is ONLY open for breakfast and lunch Monday through Saturday. They have a great menu, ok coffee, and GOOD service. Normal meal with tip is about $10.00 to $15.00, depending.
                          I should have a new SECOND running XS1100 then, so you may be able to see it! Check the thread in members lounge about the LG on Craigslist. I just talked with the owner, and will drive up to ride it home Friday morning.
                          Ray Matteis
                          KE6NHG

Comment

Hey San Diego Dudes-
                            I'm very dissappointed that you won't be making it. Y'know Hwy 1 is really cool all the way up! Someone else suggested a meet around Passo Robels around Ostober, which sounds like a possability, but I don't know the roads there as well. Ray and I have a great ride layed out for you guys!
                            So far I've heard who can't make it, which is a hell of a lot: so who can make it! Anyone? DragXS?
                            E.Liberty

Comment

By the way, my home phone is 831-338-4979 and my cell# is
                              831-566-9474. let's short circuit this 24 hr. lag time stuff!
                              E.Liberty

Comment

I've finished the 4X4 and put the new brake lever on my bike this evening; leaving for home tomorrow morning.

Ahh! Monterey Bay, here I come!

Regards,

Scott
                                -- Scott
                                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                                1979 XS1100F: parts
                                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X