Central coast rally anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central coast rally anyone?

At the Yosemity Rally Ray and I suggested doing a Summer or Early Fall rally on our turf. Cool ocean breazes, redwoods, windy mountain roads, vinyards, mini brews, etc. A couple of responses on the Forum thread seemed positive. Labor Day is the next 3 day weekend. Would this conflict with the Yosemity Rally? It wouldn't have to be big. Just four other bikes and Ray and I would be fun, but of course the more the marrier!
    E.Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Sounds like fun! I didn't get to ride PCH on the way back from Yosemite so that'll give me an excuse -- as if I need an excuse!

Regards,

Scott
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I'll try to make this one Ed, if it's on Labor Day weekend. So are we doin the PCH or Tahoe?
      1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
      1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
      1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
      2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
      2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

Hey DragXS11,
        So glad you replied! I was going to send you a PM. Yes, we are on for a Central Coast Rally on Labor Day weekend. Details will follow, but a section of PCH will definitely be in the works!
        I will post phone #s for Henry Cowell Park, KOA, and a Ben Lomond motel, so that attendees can make reservations, but it may already be too late for Labor Day. I have a huge field behind my cabin ( somewhat lacking in ambiance, I might warn you,) and a 1-car-garage-sized tent with a bed (first come first served. Would be great for a couple!) I also have a futon in my living room good for one body.
        With RSVP I could reserve tables at a very easy to find local restaurant for Saturday night. Sunday would be the pack ride which would feature a lunch stop at Alice's Restaurant on scenic Hwy 35.
        My SWMBO will be on the Sunday ride, so please bring yours if you want. ( Or should I say if she wants?)
        Drag: your Dad is very welcome too!
        Let's do it! I am so stoked!

E.Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

i may ride up with someone if they are civilized,

i'm near pasadena,

isn't there alot of civilization in that area and any ol'e motel would do?
          Last edited by mason79; 08-11-2008, 12:21 PM.
          "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
          History
          85 Yamaha FJ 1100
          79 yamaha xs1100f
          03 honda cbr 600 f4
          91 yamaha fzr 600
          84 yamaha fj 1100
          82 yamaha seca 750
          87 yamaha fazer
          86 yamaha maxim x
          82 yamaha vision
          78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I had a note in my front door this morning telling me about the ride. Sounds good to me and will try my best to make it. My son lives in Carlsbad CA and perhaps I can talk him into riding up for the event.I did the four corners of the USA several years ago and would like to share some experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by mason79
              i may ride up with someone if they are civilized,

i'm near pasadena,

isn't there alot of civilization in that area and any ol'e motel would do?
              Oh yea, totally! But look out for those "persons of ambiguous sexuallity." (See the JOTD thread!)
              Great to see you dude!
              e.liberty

Comment

possable crib site

The Brookdale Lodge in Brookdale has changed hands and is going through renovations. Very colorful and interesting history, and I think, very affordable. It's on Hwy 9 not far from where I live. Don't have a phone #, but should be easy to find via "information." I read about this place in "Ripley's believe it or not" when I was a kid!
                E.Liberty

Comment

Update on the rally!!
                  The Brookdale Inn in Ben Lomand has rooms available. I do NOT have the price, but the location is NICE. The telephone number is 831-338-1300.Let them know you are part of the rally of 30 year old bikes, and they will hopefully put everyone close together!
                  Ed and I went over part of the route today, and it looks to be a nice ride for Sunday. Big Ocean, Big Trees, and nice twisty roads at an easy pace.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Accomodations

I see Ray beat me to posting, but thats OK!

Here are some local accomodations. Better decide and make reservations soon. They get booked up ahead for labor day weekend.

Brookdale lodge: first choice for me, it is under new ownership, has undergone renovation, has a very colorful history, a ghost, and a creek running through the dining room! Call 831-338-1300

Econo Lodge on Hwy 9 in Felton. Less colorful, but close by, and usually very resonable. Call 831-336-2292

Fern River Resort Motel. I know nothing about it, but it's in Felton, on Hwy 9, and will keep us all a few miles from each other.
                    Call 831-338-3413

Redwood Resort is in Boulder creek, mah home town! I just called and they had a cancellation of 5 campsites. Call 831-338-3413

KOA This is at least 25 miles away from where we will be meeting, but I include it here because I know we have some kinky masocistic types who are gluttons for verbal abuse. Or was the Yosimity camp an aberation? Call 831-722-2377

You will pay top dollar for any room or campsite on Laborday week end, of course, but I would advise you to check Brookdale Lodge first: it's a gas and relatively reasonable.

Remember I have a futon, a tent with a bed suitable for a cosy couple, and an ambiance - free field that can accomodate at least 3, or in a pinch, more tent sites.

Please start communicating. I need an RSVP to researve seating at a resturant for Saturday night, and maybe Sunday morning.
                    I'm really looking forward to this!
                    E.Liberty

Comment

not sure if i'm going

anyone want to ride up from southern ca?

but if everything falls in place and with easy going xsives

well i guess the plan is for sunday ride,

anyone want share a room at brookdale ,

it's around $119 a night, stay the 30th and the 31st, check out on monday and ride back to southern ca.
                      "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                      History
                      85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                      79 yamaha xs1100f
                      03 honda cbr 600 f4
                      91 yamaha fzr 600
                      84 yamaha fj 1100
                      82 yamaha seca 750
                      87 yamaha fazer
                      86 yamaha maxim x
                      82 yamaha vision
                      78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I'll be back in California some time Thursday night. Everything's running like clockwork so far and I'm really looking forward to heading up the coast after all this Aridzona heat!

I'd be glad to ride up with some company.

Regards,

Scott
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Looks like I'll be there. And with how close I live, I'm open Thursday night until Monday evening. And I've been back and forth to SoCal a couple of times so I'll have no issues.
                          1981 XS1100S (former)
                          2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

I seriously doubt I'll be there.
                            Work is going good and I've taken too much time off for being "new".
                            Prior to comming to work I had already sheduled:
                            My dads 80th bday celebtation
                            Family reunion.
                            Then on 8/8/08 my brother died so that was another week off.
                            Pat Kelly
                            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I had it in mind to make this gathering with SWMBO on her new (to her) bike. Unfortunately, she has commitments for the Labor Day weekend that cannot be cancelled or moved.

I thought there was a fall rally in the wind? Is it too late to think about that?

Ralph

Comment

Working...
                              X