Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would rather not plan a frigid dragon run. Either very soon or in the early spring.

Comment

Re: NC rally pics

Originally posted by Brent

Rob Reil on atlclassicjapbikeriders list rides XSively on an 850.
      He loves twisties, and cold weather, dislikes slow moving pickup trucks and rides hard.

So TRUE! Had a blast keeping with Gary behind his 1200 bandit in the twisties. He didnt loose me, I couldnt catch him. Good pace for that leg after my radio battery died and let him lead.

Actually I dislike ANYTHING that keeps me from ATTACKING the next corner!

Met some great XSives, saw some VERY nice machines, and had a great time, and even made some new friends.

Seems Gary and I are like 2 peas in a pod.

Pics: I have some in my digital. I will post later either pics, or links.
      Robert Reil
      www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Comment

Great rally,,,very cool place to stay,,,right in the middle of everything. Food was good,,,didn't mind the wait. Roads were the best I have ever been on,,,learned a great deal on both carbs and how little I know about riding this type of terrain. The folks that attended were all Xssesive in there own way,,, Brent, Rob, Bruce, Bill, Paul, Mike, Brian,,anybody I forgot,,great to meet you folks, TC , Gary good to see you again. This was a great time, and missed the rain too,,,,rode a total of about 1000 miles. Give or take. Whens the next one,,,,,can't wait to go back there again. Got home slept and went right to work for two days so a bit slow in getting on here to post a quick report. Excellant Job Rob.
        Ken Krieger
        Chesterfield, Va.
        81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
        82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
        82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
        79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
        1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
        85 XJ700 Maxim
        06 VMax - Black Max
        85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

Me and Bruce made it home this morning, happy to be home but sad to see the riding end. The riding actually ended a day early for us, we did Deal's Gap again on Monday and on the way back to Cherokee I ran over a nail and blew out my front tire, I had just crossed the Fontana dam and started up the hill towards the Texaco station at the top. Felt like somebody welded my bars straight! 6" double headed spike through the tread and out the side wall. Also took a small chink out of the rim, rim should be OK though. We saw a new Katana wrecked at the gap, Bruce figured since the dragon had just eaten, I only got clawed!

Thanks to everbody for coming, had a great time, will be an annual event in some form I think! I will post a ride report in a couple of days, after I get caught up! Great idea Rob!

Link to more pictures:
          http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291211037
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Great pics! Great people!

Gary,

I had a great time over the weekend and really enjoyed meeting you and the rest of the XSives. I'm looking forward to next year already. Rob did a wonderful job setting up the whole weekend and chose a route with lots of twisties and scenery. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

Sorry about the tire.
            Bill Murrin
            Nashville, TN
            1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
            1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
            2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
            2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
            1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
            2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Gary
              Excellent Pictures !!!!! I played with the idea of going. But after seeing those pictures I got to go next year.
              Tom
              2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
              gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Good Pics Gary! Sorry the tire issue blew it for you.
                Robert Reil
                www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Comment

Gary ,,,,,very good pictures, great scenery, how was riding that flat out?? Nice job on the tire, how did you find that nail???
                  Ken Krieger
                  Chesterfield, Va.
                  81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
                  82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
                  82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
                  79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
                  1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
                  85 XJ700 Maxim
                  06 VMax - Black Max
                  85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

Honestly it felt like somebody welded my bars straight! I wanted to turn and the bike didn't! Even 5 lbs of air out of one of these radials is very noticable, I didn't have any problem noticing this! The nail was new, brand new.......by the time I got the bike home the nail had rusted up. I told Bruce at the Talbot's Creek bridge (the start of Deals gap, Turn 0) I would probably change the tire this winter due to some small cracks in between the treads . Oh well at least I wasn't leaned over (too far) or in a bunch of traffic when it happened
                    Gary Granger
                    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
                    X