This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Yamaha Meet this fall 2002

Who all is interested in a Classic Yamaha meet this fall? Im thinking either TWO in Suches Ga, or Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Canton (Cruso) NC. Just off the Parkway S of Asheville.

Each location has it's merrits and I would say they are about equal but very different. Both locations have cottages or mobile homes, and tent camping available. There is no website for the NC location but I love it there. There are meals served on weekends, and there is a very nice open air sheltered pavillion, and a non sheltered comunity fireplace. Laundry facilities, hot showers are nice, mens and womens.

TWO is at 706-747-5151 www.twowheelsonly.com
    BRM (Henry and Dee Hartsfield) are available at 828-235-8350

There had been talk of this a couple months ago and a few folks replied with interest. But I thought with the new forum it would be nice to reopen this thread.

Invitees are list members of the XJ/XS650/XS750-850/XS1100 lists. There will be a carb clinic also.

Previous interests included:
    Robert Reil XS850
    Ken Krieger XS11
    Brent Hoovestol XS11
    Robert Haller XS11
    Jerry Fields XS11 (said maybe next year)
    Mike Davis XS650
    John Rider XS650/850
    Steve Alrbecht XS750/850
    Andrew Vaughn XS850
    Michael Kelly XS750 (maybe)
    Chip Nagel XS650/750 (maybe)
    Chip (like the computer chip) Last name unknown XS650
    Kent White XS650 Converted to 750
    Marty XS650
    Jens Zastrow XS650
    "Wildman" XS650 (name unknown)
    Billy Williams (member of unknown list)

I am making a call to the list to see who prefers which location.
    The weekend will start on Friday around lunch for everyone to roll in, and make camp. Rides on Saturday (about 250-300 miles) will be split according to riding skills, advanced and beginner. Intermediate if the amount of riders merits it. And on Sunday am we will do our carb clinic.

As to a date Im thinking October is the best time. Oct 11-13th is the only weekend open as there is no "RALLY" being hosted that weekend but is the peak of the leaf season and seaf lookers will be at thier peak. Halloween weekend is a bit brisk and not an option for TWO. They will have the 50cc fun run. Let me know what you all think guys?

Robert
    Robert Reil
    www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Robert,

They both sound good, so just let me know where they are. I should be without a job by then so I will have lots of time to ride.
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

I must work that weekend so won't be able to ngotiate it this year,,its a great idea and should be done though,we all don't get together enough.
      Ken Krieger
      Chesterfield, Va.
      81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
      82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
      82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
      79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
      1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
      85 XJ700 Maxim
      06 VMax - Black Max
      85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

Yeah the weekend does not work for me or I would make it down. (from NY) I stayed in Cherokee, NC this spring and all the roads in this area 'rock'. I hope to make it to one of these events sometime.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Well.. what weekends DO work for you in this time frame? The proposed weekend is only a limit for TWO not for the NC location.

Please advise..
          Robert Reil
          www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Comment

Actually that weekend could work I would have to take time off on either side of it (one day) or the following weekend would be better (18, 19, 20), are you sure the leaf peepers haven't already booked everything? SO shcelule when you want an I will try to make it.......looks good for either weekend. but the first one I would have to give up a couple of days at Xmas. Let me know what works out, may be a great October outing for this northern boy!!
            Gary Granger

Comment

TWO is good but I've never been to the Blue Ridge MC camping ground, so I'd be up for giving it a try.
              Robert
              79 SF

Comment

Rob I wil try to make it if it is at the Blue Ridge Parkway site, and I can get a couple of days off work. brian dotson aka billy williams

Comment

classic yamaha meet this fall

Originally posted by Robert Haller
                  TWO is good but I've never been to the Blue Ridge MC camping ground, so I'd be up for giving it a try.
                  me too.
                  Brent
                  It is a great big beautiful world out there
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Smokey Mountain Rally Final Shedule.

OK GUYS!

Its now official:

The First Annual Classic Yamaha rally will be Oct 18,19,20th (annually the 3rd weekend of October) at Blue Ridge Motorcycle campground in Cruso, NC. 7 miles down the mountain off of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

See
                    www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com (828-235-8350) for further info. I just called and they have 7 cabins left over. Two queen size beds, and 5 with 2 twin size beds avilable.

Their website has all the pricing, lodging, location, meals info etc. It is very thourough with the information needed.

Cabins are on a first come first serve basis. Tent camping is UNLIMITED!

We will be there EARLY Friday am and set up a "Motorcyclecarbs.com" sign on the top of our 10x13 Screen tent near the entrance of the tent camping area. If you wish you all may want to camp in the vicinity of that tent as it will be adjacent to the restrooms, laundry, group fireplace, and chow hall.

Friday around 5pm or Sunday am there will be a carb clinic. I will post a poll to see when the majority want it. I will bring my sync tools and a white board and answer any questions you all may want. I expect folks will roll in from noon to midnight on friday. There will be a ride Saturday on the back roads of NC. about 2-300 miles. A long one, and a beautiful one as it will be the tail of the leaf turning season, and the roads are AWESOME around there.

I will now make a public call requesting a ride leader for a beginners, and if the number of riders are there, an intermediate group. I will lead the expert group. If some of you folks have 2 way bike to bike radios and want to volunteer managing a ride please step up to the plate. I have a second chatterbox full face radio (the mate to mine) but it takes about an hour to install, test and get used to it. If you wish to ride in the expert group and dont mind riding tail please volunteer.

Since this ride is for the 650/750/850/1100/, and XJ lists at this time, discussions and polls about the ride will be posted on the following yahoo group. Please join it by clicking Atlanta Classic Jap Bike Riders and then we will be able to keep up better. Some of you are already members. All are invited to ride on what ever they bring but it is starting out as a Classic Yamaha rally.

Info will be posted and updated on our webpage. www.motorcyclecarbs.com as it becomes more concrete.

Thanks and see you all there!
                    Robert Reil
                    www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Comment

Excellant Rob,,,I am off that weekend and will be trying to make this one.
                      Ken Krieger
                      Chesterfield, Va.
                      81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
                      82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
                      82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
                      79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
                      1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
                      85 XJ700 Maxim
                      06 VMax - Black Max
                      85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

I'll be out of work by then, so count me in.
                        Bill Murrin
                        Nashville, TN
                        1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                        1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                        2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                        2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                        1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                        2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Hello,
                          I am considering going to the NC event. is anyone from north of there ridin thru Ohio. I would hate to ride that far by myself. If anyone us going thru ohio, let me know i live in Columbus, which is right in the middle of the state. maybe we can organize a group ride to the Event. If anyone is interestd let me know, we can probably ask Rob R. to post it on the other yamaha lists. Could be huge (think big!)
                          Bill Woods
                          1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                          1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                          2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Anybody from NY or points East going? I will have to trailer down so if you can get to my place I can load you right on the trailer, we can split costs 50/50. Plan to leave early am on Friday, and it's a 12-14hr trip, so should be there 6-8pm. Any takers??

Gary Granger

Comment

Gary:

May I suggest that you use dual postings. One on the 11 forum like this and one on the Yahoo link you joined.

Again:

Those wanting to attend PLEASE join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlcla...ikeriders/join so we can ALL stay intouch with the details of the ride. I am starting to post polls about riding groups etc on there. All further discussions about this ride from me will be on that list. It has to be that way as this rally is across 5 related Yamaha lists. And it is the only way to keep everyone on the same page.
                              Robert Reil
                              www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Comment

Working...
                              X