Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rbergeman
    replied
    Hi y'all! Got the Iron Horse confirmation in mid July. Heading that way to be there on the 24th. Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying another fantastic XS SE Rally!

Leave a comment:

• 2manybikes
    replied
    Rhonda and I are in and both stoked as usual! Cant wait to see everyone. By the way Brian, are they going to let you guys out or what? Do they know the rally is 2 months away??

Leave a comment:

• IanDMacDonald
    replied
    It'll be fun, Mike. Look forward to meeting you as-well.

Leave a comment:

• Radioguylogs
    replied
    Looking forward to meeting you in person, Ian....and showing you the nice Venturer you turned me onto.

Leave a comment:

• IanDMacDonald
    replied
    Thanks Jeff. He's flakey, so we'll see.

My plans are to make the journey on Thursday morning from North of Detroit. Stay with my twin in Charlotte overnight, then make the 6-hour ride into Stecoah by check-in time on Friday. Leave Monday morning.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
    I'm in. First year, second attempt. My younger brother may come.
    That's Great .................

yep, for sure, NO repeats of the failed attempt. 2015 i think it was. Hate when that stuff jumps out and happens.
    Be it cars or semi, both a problem for us bikers.

Be great if your brother can join you for the ride down & Rally. Extend that big WELCOME to him for us.

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-25-2020, 05:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IanDMacDonald
    replied
    I'm in. First year, second attempt. My younger brother may come.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    2 Month Countdown to Rally

Time to be preparing for XSSE / VYR 2020 Rally

September 24-25-26-27-28 (or any combination of days that suits you)
    Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, North Carolina

Waiting for your ARRIVAL

We should have a 2020 Rally Shirt posted in the next few days so Shirt Ordering can begin (more details on that later).

We will follow whatever CoVid-19 protocols are in place such as Social Distancing etc. and so will the staff at the Iron Horse.

Contact Iron Horse directly if you want to book a room: ironhorsenc.com or call: 828.479.3864

Whacky year so it will be a nice break to get away and do some riding in the mountains

Hope to see you there

Team XSSE / VYR
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-24-2020, 07:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Shutting down those roads has everything to do with keeping emergency personnel available to work with sick people and not motorcyclists and car drivers that ride/drive over their heads.

Geting past labor Day will keep the crowds down a good bit at least that's my thought.

I wish you guys could come out to the Colorado rally and enjoy a different kind of riding, and I wish I could get back to join you guys for yours.

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    Cherohala+++ Closed

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    .....SNIP......
    Cities & States just having to order things CLOSED to keep people from mingling and spreading contagion.
    Even though rural and mountainous i'm glad they shut it down to keep tourist people from being drawn to the area.
    ....SNIP.....
    Jeff
    According to several legit articles I've read and Official estimates, this bug will hopefully be in our rear-view mirrors by early-mid summer (June/July). As a result all the people that love the area as our Rally attendees do will be scrambling for an opportunity to ride those fantastic roads and take in the beautiful scenery.

We have some issues with the new reservation procedures we have not been able to resolve to our complete satisfaction. But, there is now all the more reason to make and confirm the reservation for the last week (or weekend) of September. We could find that all those that missed out in the spring are going to try to grab our weekend....

Make the reservations~!!!

Leave a comment:

• madmax-im
    replied
    Yeah staying too close to home...even my college reunion in Tucson is cancelled...so we arent going anywhere anytime soon...

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Yeah, people aren't smart enough to stay away. It is too much a tourist draw.
    Like the beaches, CLOSED. Cities & States just having to order things CLOSED to keep people from mingling and spreading contagion.
    Even though rural and mountainous i'm glad they shut it down to keep tourist people from being drawn to the area.

I'm not sure what going on in the north Georgia mountains but Atlanta had to issue Executive Orders to shut things down to keep people from gathering.
    12 year old girl in Intensive Care with the virus here. CDC working on how she got exposed. Hope the best for her.

Guess all we can do is stay safe and social distance until the scientists figure this thing out.
    Like being around somebody smoking (or passing gas); when we exhale it goes all around.

Stay safe ................

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• madmax-im
    replied
    Not going either..I'll be in sunny Arizona...10 yrs for this rally but Im prolly done with it...

Leave a comment:

• dbbrian
    replied
    Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
    As family functions happen …. We not be attending this year.
    thats too bad Tom. Maybe next year .

Leave a comment:

• Huron52
    replied
    As family functions happen …. We not be attending this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X