X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radioguylogs
    replied
    Bax:

That's hugely disappointing, but we understand.

I wonder how MA enforces those rules.

Leave a comment:

• Bax
    replied
    Fellow XS riders and other vintage Yamaha folks, I was trying to make the VYR this year, first time. Got the XS1100SG tweaked up and some 500 miles of shake down completed in advance of the ride South to NC. I live in NH, Live Free or Die, but work in Massachusetts, People's Republic of, and enter the Mass.gov COVID decrees and Mass employer extras.... Travel outside of the white areas on the Mass.gov map 'they' post daily will award me with a sit at home for 14 days after I return staycation and wait for the COVID not to show up, all on my dime because I willingly left 'their' declared 'safe area'. This makes a seeming enjoyable long motorcycle cruise to NC a rather large problem for me. Given this impending mess I have to bail out. Sights on next year. I was really looking forward to meeting a few XS11 forum members in person.

---Bax

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3866.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	859220

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied

VYR Attendees,

The contributions from our friends are showing up almost daily. Pictured are a large variety of misc. items from the MotherShip as well as a couple goodies from others. State Farm provided a full case of hand sanitizer, a great choice for this rally. In addition they provide the LARGEST kickstand pucks I Have ever seen. You could park in quicksand or the Okeefenokee Swamp and the bike wouldn't fall over......Not sure who at State Farm designed them but they are almost the size of a frisbee! Maybe our Canadian friends could use them in 2' of snow!

Nancy is busy packing goodie bags with misc. items. Shirts should be available on 9/15 and Nancy will have those all organized into the pre-labeled bags too.

Hopefully, everyone is doing a proper pre-flight check of their machines to assure no issues....

Kurt

Leave a comment:

• MaximPhil
    replied
    If they ever open the border I would like to attend a Lost Rally. And meet up with you Michiganders. Pure Michigan

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Radioguylogs
    replied
    Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
    ... I'd like to see the Lost Rally started-up again!
    In 1-2 years, I will be positioned to support the Lost Rally. Our existing house will go up for sale in a few weeks. Construction on retirement home in Presque Isle, MI will start June 1 next year.

I'm bummed you are going to miss VYR.

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• jetmechmarty
    replied
    Ian, it looks like you don't get to go until the rest of us are dead or in the old folks home!

Leave a comment:

• IanDMacDonald
    replied
    Well, as much as I wanted to go, duty calls, and work has me going to Germany and the UK for the next month+. I really looked forward to riding, and my twin is disappointed, but work pays for the toys. I'd like to see the Lost Rally started-up again!

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    Rally and Shirt Ordering Update:
    IRON HORSE:
    The Iron Horse Lodge is nearly fully booked. Please check with the Iron Horse quickly if still "on the fence". Very few spots remain: Conestoga Wagon (two twins), one RV spot, I Bunkhouse, one private. You may place your name on a waiting list should there be a cancellation.

OTHER LODGING OPTION:
    Often, during past events, our attendees have stayed off-site at local hotels as they are within an easy & quick commute and are moderately priced. You can attend all VYR events and activities as well as eat at the Iron Horse Lodge for Breakfast and Dinner with the group.

SAN RAN MOTEL - Robbinsville.
    Randall & Ann Phillips (Owners)
    828-479-3256
    www.sanranmotel.com

Several of our group members have stayed at the San Ran and strongly recommend the Motel for; Price, Cleanliness, and Hospitality of the owners Randall & Ann. The San Ran has plenty of open rooms. Located just 10 miles from the Iron Horse this Motel is recommended as an alternate to the Iron Horse. Follow our Rally schedule of events and meet at the Iron Horse for daily rides, meals & activities.

SHIRT ORDER DEADLINE: AUGUST 31
    Only one week remains to order your shirt. We hope you will attend but we will mail shirts to the continental U.S. States for $9. All others please send an email to vyrshirtorder@gmail.com for price of delivery. Be with us in spirit if not possible to attend and wear your 2020 shirt.

Please post any questions here.... we'll answer as quickly as possible.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Schedule of Events

Of course this year's 19th Annual Vintage Yamaha Rally / XXSE will be a little different with Social Distancing and the NC Mask Requirements.

Iron Horse dining room will have limited seating to maintain the social distancing requirement in the dining room. When dining room seating is not available they suggest sitting out front, out back, on the porch, at the campfire seating, on the porch at your cabin, etc.

If you want the Schedule of Events
    https://www.vintageyamaharally.com/
    Click on the Info Icon for the Events

Reminder: as always, if you have a Reservation at the Iron Horse they will email you the Menu Choices and instructions a few days before the Rally. Expect that Meals email from Iron Horse by Wed Sept 23rd.

VYR Organizing Team

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    Please review the attached COVID-19 precautions for the rally

Please review the attached COVID-19 precautions for the rally.

If you click on the photo you will be able to see it larger.

The VYR Organizing Team

Leave a comment:

• 2manybikes
    replied
    Well Brian, we will miss seeing you but understand your position. Hopefully at some point in the near future someone can come up with some answers.

Leave a comment:

• dbbrian
    replied
    Originally posted by 2manybikes View Post
    Rhonda and I are in and both stoked as usual! Cant wait to see everyone. By the way Brian, are they going to let you guys out or what? Do they know the rally is 2 months away??
    Hi Curtis

Am I the "Brian" you referenced? If so...

The border is closed. If it opens, I will not be going, sadly.

Thngs do not look so good in the good ol' USA from my perspective. The level of understanding of this new virus is still quite low. Way too much to learn, just as we did with many illnesses in the past. It seems that mask wearing and distancing is too difficult for some people. I have elderly parents. I would likely have to self isolate for two weeks upon return, and I sure don't want to get it or see someone I love get it because of me.

So, as much as I love seeing the gang and riding those roads, it will have to wait.

Enjoy!

Last edited by dbbrian; 08-04-2020, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jetmechmarty
    replied
    FYI. VYR info is published in Motorcycle Classics Magazine. I believe that's on autopilot. My copy came yesterday and I was happy to see it.

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    Iron horse availability

XS11 Friends,

For those interested in attending the Annual Vintage Yamaha Rally, but without a reservation, you're in luck. The following remain available at Iron Horse Lodge:

AVAILABILITY
    • Private Rooms (5) 3 are in Lone Star, 1 Old Homestead, not sure of the last
    • Bunkhouse (2) Two bunks remain
    • RV (1)
    • Camp Sites (5) - Primitive - No 120v

Actually quite a selection of spots still available, they will go quickly. Make your reservations with IronHorse ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    2020 Rally Shirt Available for purchase!

All the necessary information is on the above flyer.

Thanks
    Vintage Yamaha Rally Organizing Team

Leave a comment:

Working...
X