key west 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Myers

Love to hear the final plans. If, when and where you guys will be in fort myers, i would love to hook up were ever you have dinner if that is OK with all
    1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
    1980 XS1100 Special
    1990 V Max
    1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
    1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
    1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
    1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
    1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

I'm out. Torn rotator cuff and effed up biceps tendon. Enjoy the ride.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
        I'm out. Torn rotator cuff and effed up biceps tendon. Enjoy the ride.
        Hi Duwayne, Sorry to hear that. Sounds Painful
        Get well soon.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100_OEM4ME View Post
          Love to hear the final plans. If, when and where you guys will be in fort myers, i would love to hook up were ever you have dinner if that is OK with all
          friday feb 3

Econo Lodge North (FL363)
          13301 N. Cleveland, Fort Myers, FL, US, 33903
          Phone: (239) 995-0571
          Fax: (239) 995-9143

time 3 or 4 or 5 pm.

we will be posting thru out the ride.
          80 xs1100G

Comment

pics key west 2011

here some pics from last year,

http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/s...20west%202011/
            80 xs1100G

Comment

Hi Earl,
              Nice pics from last year. You huddled in doors like me ignoring the snow and freezing cold outside?
              Phil
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Key West Ride Plan Overview

There was some interest expressed in knowing a few more details for the upcoming Key West 2012 Ride Plan, so here they are:

1st it’s still not too late to join the KW Rally. Take the entire ride –or- meet us along the way if you can. Lunch, Dinner or even a few hours riding with the group. Just PM EarlG or JeffH to let us know if you can join us. So far, we have OEM meeting the ride group for dinner on Fri Feb3 in Ft Myers and we are certainly looking forward to that! We hope a few other XSives can join us along the way.

Here is what we have planned so far for this year’s ride. We will start meeting up at Days Inn, Kingsland, GA on Friday afternoon Jan27. Saturday Jan28 we ride to Amelia Island and down A1A to St. Augustine for a few hours of tourist stuff plus lunch. In St. Augustine we meet up with a few other riders who join the group for the ride down to Topaz Motel in Flagler Beach. After check-in we hope to have some time for beachcombing along the Atlantic before sunset as well as time to walk down and check out the Pier. Then on Sunday Jan29 leaving Flagler Beach, maybe a stop a Bulow Ruins, followed by more A1A with lunch stop in Titusville or Cocoa Beach where we hope we can meet up with some local XS riders and local guide for help with Merritt Island. Then more of the coast route on A1A & US1 to the Monterey Marina Inn at Stuart for Sunday night Jan29. (Certainly will not be any high speed romp on A1A but along the way we do plan to skip the worst A1A congested spots and the overdeveloped areas).

Jan30 Monday AM we "Pick up the Pace" with local guides bikerphil and Cobia taking over to lead the group from Stuart, out the Martin Highway to Pahokee, along Lake Okeechobee, though Florida City picking up thumperjsa along the way, then on to our Houseboats at Key Largo. Plan is to arrive Key Largo early by about 4pm so we can enjoy the paddle boats (free) in the lagoon (Largo Sound), do some fishing or have a couple drinks and watch the sunset from the deck of our boat (as owner calls it) “large sundeck with a great water view” then dinner on the porch of the Hideway adjacent to our boats. Tuesday Jan31 it is down the Florida Keys to Key West where we will spend two nights at the Spanish Gardens, KW. Wednesday Feb 1 is a “do whatever the group wants to do day”. Hangout downtown or at Mallory Pier, just goof-off, take boat trip out to Dry Tortugas, check out sunken treasure, go shopping, take a tour, listen to jimmy buffet music etc.

Thursday Feb 2 AM leaving KW we plan on picking up sandwiches and drinks for the annual picnic lunch stop on Little Duck Key just before Seven Mile Bridge. After picnic lunch we continue north across the Keys to the Travelodge in Florida City when some of the group may head out through Everglades National Park for sunset at Flamingo. Friday Feb3 it is off to the Alligator Pit on our way west across the Everglades to lunch at the Annual Seafood Festival in Everglades City. After lunch we motor north and west into EconoLodge North Ft Myers for dinner with OEM. We have no specific plan yet for Saturday Feb 4 the group splits up a bit as we all start heading back north depending on our schedules. So there it is! (in case you wanted to know)

Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hey Jeff,
                  That sounds like a wonderful plan. You guys are going to have some serious fun.
                  Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hi

Hi all Looking forward to meeting you in Fort Myers ,I might book a room that night a the Econo as I don't like to drink and ride, but I do like to drink and bull $hit Love to see all of you with your bikes and share some war stories about how you keep them running Safe travels all
                    1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
                    1980 XS1100 Special
                    1990 V Max
                    1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
                    1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
                    1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
                    1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
                    1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

XS11 to FL

Getting XS ready

I am planing on riding XS1100 on this trip, though I will be cutting it short.

my plan is to leave friday morning, riding with JeffH, arriving at Kingston Friday afternoon.
                      Saturday, riding to Flagler beach (with stop at Saint Augustine).
                      Sunday I will likely head for home.

Looking forward to riding with all who make it on that part of the trip.
                      Brent in GA
                      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Brent, I hoped I was going to see you again at least in Key Largo. Gonna be a different trip without your riding/photography skills there.

Stay safe.

-Jonathan
                        Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

8:30 EST, Ottawa, Canada, Ted and Heather leaving, See you Friday

Comment

Cu

Originally posted by ELDR View Post
                            8:30 EST, Ottawa, Canada, Ted and Heather leaving, See you Friday
                            looking forward to it! Planning to ride my XS11.

CU then
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

its 7:26 pm, time to go. it is raining here, not snowing thats good.
                              80 xs1100G

Comment

It's 10 PM in Atlanta and 68 degrees. There isn't much cold to escape this year, but still, I wish I was going along.
                                Marty (in Mississippi)
                                XS1100SG
                                XS650SK
                                XS650SH
                                XS650G
                                XS6502F
                                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                                X