Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key west 2012

dates: saturday january 28, 2012 thru february 5, 2012

i plan to drive car and trailer to DAYS INN , KINGSLAND GA. friday.

the ride will start saturday around jacksonville fl. we wiil ride the east side of fl. this year to keywest.

stops: saturday- st. augustine, daytona and more if we have time.

sunday- nasa, coco beach or more ?

monday- ride to key largo. stay at boatel

tuesday- ride to key west. spend the night

wednesday-still in key west for another night

thursday-leave key west, lunch at the spot we stop always go to.
    thursday night- florida city or further north on the west coast.

friday-seafood festival in everglade city,up west coast to sarasota or bradinton for amish buffet

saturday- time to start heading back to car and trailer.

this is a start, we can add stops along the way. will post hotel info.

sunday-
    80 xs1100G

hotels

Spanish Gardens Motel
    1325 Simonton Street, Key West, FL 33040
    (305) 294-1051 Phone
    305) 294-2505 Fax
    Toll Free 888-898-1051 Toll Free

Email: info@spanishgardensmotel.com

check in- tuesday jan. 31 2012
    check out- thursday feb. 2 2012
    $109.00 a night.
    xs11 group thats us

-------------------------------------------------
    keylargohouseboat.com
    305-766-0871

check in - monday january 30 2012
    check out- tuesday jan. 31 2012

need to know how many people, they have 4 boats. look at site
    80 xs1100G

Comment

If you folks come to "nasa/cocoa beach..." PLEASE let me know. I want to meet up with you. I live in Titusville (very close to Cocoa Beach/ Kennedy Space Center).
      Although I cant go on the trip to the keys with you all, I want to at least ride my XS11 with you or just shake your hands.
      I could be a local guide if you wish.
      79 Special
      2012 FJR1300
      78 E (project. Clutch problems from PO) Must sell

Comment

If I can, I look forward to joining you on the "southern" leg of the rally. From WPB to KW and back. !!
        1980G Standard, Restored
        Kerker 4 - 1
        850 Rear End Mod
        2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
        Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
        Automatic CCT
        1980GH Special, Restored
        Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
        Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

I'll join in with you guys when you hit Pompano Beach.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

this is a e mail to me from jeff

Updates on Key Largo and Key West Motels.

This morning I made reservations for Don & myself at Spanish Gardens, Key West for Tue Night Jan 31 and Wed Night Feb 1. Guy says rooms are still available but going FAST. phone: 1.888.898.1051 toll free

Nice thing is that they have a 72 Hour Cancellation Policy at Spanish Garden so if you "think" you might want to take the XS11 Key West Ride and stay in Key West with the group; I recommend making Your Room Reservation ASAP. Just say Tue Jan 31 and XS11 motorcycle group is how EarlG had the guy list us in his reservation book.

OK - with that set, the next critical reservation was Key Largo for Monday Night January 30. Only three (3) houseboats remain available so to be safe I RESERVED ALL THREE. We can work out the details later.

I reserved Large $150 Party Houseboat (that has the large gathering space) and sleeps up to 6 easily. I also reserved Houseboat #2 which is 40 foot and is $85 a night -plus- Houseboat #4 which is 45 foot and is $95 a night. Don & I will either split one of the smaller boats or stay in the large boat depending on what accommodations each person or couple prefers. George says he was booking up fast so I'm glad we have locked in a place to land on Monday afternoon Jan 30. Hideaway Restaurant for dinner then drinks on the patio. Sweet...... If this setup doesn't suit someone then there is also: thefloatinginn.com right next door. I think we have enough individual and couples riding that we should have no problem utilizing what I reserved and guaranteed with my credit card. If the couples want boats #2 & #4 then we can hold up to 6 solo riders in the Large Party Boat.

So, that takes care of the two cornerstone reservations for the trip. Key Largo and Key West. Those book up fast and it is more fun when the group is together.

That's all for now, Jeff
            80 xs1100G

Comment

I didn't see Jeff's email post until after I reserved at the Floating Inn, The Boatel was fully booked, likely by Jeff. So we reserved at the Floating Inn. I can cancel my reservation if one of the small boats is available.

Ted and Heather

Comment

I am envious already and you guys have not even left yet
                Roll on the lottery win
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

e mail from jeff

Earl,

I have been looking for Motel Options for Sunday night January 29. Somewhere in the Fort Pierce to Stuart area seems to make a good target.

Stuart area for Sunday night would give us time to have a nice ride / explore day on Sunday starting around Ormond or Daytona. Hopefully 'Redshirt' can lead the Sunday Ride for us and with the 'local knowledge' plan some interesting stops and lunch stop or picnic place as we go down A1A or US1 past Canaveral and out to Cocoa Beach toward Ft Pierce. Stuart will also be a great launching point for ride on Monday AM over to Pahokee then down US27 so we can get checked-in at the Boatel houseboats by 3pm so group has time use to paddle boats or enjoy the water for awhile before it gets dark.

Two options: #1 stay in a chain place like Days Inn on US1 in Fort Pierce for about $65 bucks. -or- Spend a bit more money and Stay in Stuart. The Monterey Inn & Marina on the St Lucie River / Inter-Coastal Waterway is $100 bucks double and $109 for King. Maybe with 5-6 rooms we might be able to get a bit lower price. http://www.montereyinnandmarina.com/...togallery.html (722.283.3500) if you want to check them out. fyi - the A1A Beach area is mainly Hyatt-Hilton-Marriott expensive resorts. If anybody has any other ideas / suggestions we can check them out too.

Price is not that all that critical for those of us that are splitting the cost of a room. However for others (like the 2up's), $100 vs $60 is the bucks that could a room plus cover dinner and some gas. Sunset at the motel / marina on the ICW in Stuart would be nice as long as that doesn't start making the trip too expensive. Thoughts from the group?? I'm ok either way. I group wants will call Monterey Inn & Marina to see if we can shave $5 - $10 bucks off the rate - but it is high season or call others if there are any suggestions. Just need some guidance on this one!

Trip start date is coming up fast. Jeff H
                  80 xs1100G

Comment

Key West Trip - Motel Recap

*** Key West 2012 Trip Status Update ***

Hope you can join us for some or all of the XS11 2012 Key West Ride this year. Complexity is we are not yet sure who is planning to join the ride, but so far it looks like 3 bikes 2-up and maybe 5 solo for the entire trip –plus- some from S FLA will join us for the south FLA portion of the ride. IF you are trailering down from the Northlands, trailer parking available at Don’s in Tallahassee (off I-10) and at motel in Kingsland GA (I-95). So you can ‘plan’, here is a brief summary of what has been assembled so far. This year we are planning a more relaxed ride with time to see a few sights, have a couple picnics, socialize along the way, arrive motel in time to enjoy the water before sunset and of course talk about the mighty XS11. You if think you can join us then don’t wait till its too late. Make your Room Reservations asap since Jan-Feb is peak season in Florida (rooms I block guaranteed will be HELD only till mid-Jan so call to get your room setup) at these locations:

Friday Night January 27
                    Days Inn $45 advance purchase online or $58 refundable
                    Kingsland GA
                    I-95 exit 3 just north of FLA state line
                    1353 Highway 40 East, Kingsland, GA, US, 31548
                    www.daysinn.com
                    Direct phone is: 912-729-7666
                    Most of ride group will assemble here Fri night (or meet up with us Sat AM in Jacksonville Beach)

Saturday Night January 28
                    Topaz Inn $65+tax Double or King
                    Flagler Beach FL
                    Mom & Pop across A1A from Beach
                    1224 South Oceanside Blvd Flagler Beach FL
                    http://www.topazflaglerbeachfl.com/
                    Call motel at: 1.800.555.4735 to make your reservation (mention XS11 Group)
                    4 Doubles and 3 Kings listed under XS11 Group / Jeff Hallberg
                    You can Cancel up to January 25th if you need to cancel

Sunday Night January 29
                    Monterey Inn and Marina $71 + tax (king room is $87)
                    Stuart FL
                    300 SW Monterey Road • Stuart, FL 34994
                    Office: (772) 283-3500
                    http://www.montereyinnandmarina.com/
                    4 Doubles and 3 Kings listed under XS11 Group (mention XS11 Group)
                    Can cancel up to January 15th if you need to cancel
                    They have BBQ Grill by the Marina we can use if we want to burn some burgers + for dinner!

Monday Night January 30
                    Boatel Houseboats
                    Key Largo FL
                    U.S. 1 to mile marker 103.5 next to Hideout Restaurant and http://www.thefloatinginn.com/
                    http://keylargohouseboat.com
                    *** Don’t Call KeyLargoHouseboats since I have already Booked 3 Houseboats. 2 Small and 1 jumbo. Our two small boats are already claimed so we can hold up to 6 people in the big boat. If you don’t like this and want to make your own reservation the Floating Inn is only about 25 ft away from the houseboats.

Tuesday Night January 31 and Wednesday Night Feb 1
                    Spanish Gardens $109 +tax
                    Key West FL
                    1325 Simonton Street, Key West, FL 33040
                    (305) 294-1051 / Toll Free: 1-888-898-1051
                    http://spanishgardensmotel.com
                    4 Doubles and 3 Kings listed under XS11 Motorcycle Group (mention XS11 Motorcycle group)
                    Can cancel up to January 25th if you need to cancel

Thursday Night February 2
                    Travelodge $89 +tax
                    Florida City FL
                    300 SW Monterey Road • Stuart, FL 34994
                    * stayed here last year and was good + Thurs PM can go to Everglades Park from here out to Flamingo if you want
                    Phone 1 (800) 758 0618
                    http://www.tlflcity.com/#axzz1h6gLyI8I

http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/flo...hotel_id=08844

Friday Feb 3
                    We plan to stop for Lunch at Seafood Festival at Everglades City. After lunch we plan ride northwest up to Sarasota for dinner at the Amish All You Can Eat Buffet! No specific plans yet for Friday Night Motel but looking for a decent $75 buck type place close to the Amish Buffet.

Hope this summary helps! Just trying to avoid the "oh, I wish I had known sooner" problem. If you have Questions / Comments / Want more Info, you can leave me an e-message or email me (Jeff) direct at: xs11ride@laser134.com
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Yeah

Yeah Jeff breaks cover Welcome to the forum. Wish I could join in this fun ride.
                      Phil
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Cousin Jeff

Thanks TC for admitting Jeff H to the XS owners association.
                        He is not qualified as VP since he does not own an XS/XJ. But he has ridden one and I believe he wants one. (I even caught him looking at mine the other day).

He is jetmech Marty's cousin and comes highly recommended as a good rider, traveling companion and generally nice guy...(especially by Russ with his head on straight.)

As I wrote "Earl knows the way and Jeff is good with his GPS phone, etc.." I see this trip is shaping up to be another good one. The road, A1A north & south of Flagler beach is Great; National wildlife refuge, right along the beach...Dunes, sea oats,,., That may be about as far south as I go this year, but a feel sure the ride will be well done.
                        It is a great big beautiful world out there
                        Brent in GA
                        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Thanks TC for admitting Jeff H to the XS owners association.
                          He is not qualified as VP since he does not own an XS/XJ. But he has ridden one and I believe he wants one. (I even caught him looking at mine the other day).

He is jetmech Marty's cousin and comes highly recommended as a good rider, traveling companion and generally nice guy...(especially by Russ with his head on straight.)
                          Indeed a fine addition to XS11. Jeff rescued me when i broke my ribs and gave Addie a home for last winter. Having delivered Addie to Buffalo he certainly has ridden an XS1100.
                          Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hey... is this the same Jeff who we rode with at the XSive riders rally? He is a great rider on that Triumph too... Welcome Jeff...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                              Yeah Jeff breaks cover Welcome to the forum. Wish I could join in this fun ride.
                              Phil
                              +1 there Phil...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X