No announcement yet.

Key West FL 2/5/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is everyone doing. Looking forward to trying to make it this year. Got the brake master cylinder rebuilt and the headlight issue figured out (damn old wiring).

Just waiting on a clutch cable because the one I have is stretched to far and it won't stay in place on the perch anymore. Should have it this week. If all goes well I plan on meeting up in Key Largo.

Brent, did you contact the Boatel people or make any arrangements for Key West yet? Also is anyone looking for a roomate to cut down on room costs in both location?

Let me know.

-Jonathan

P.S. My eyes are better now but I now know how far to walk down Duvall street and when to turn around.
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Rooms Reserved

Originally posted by thumperjsa View Post
      How is everyone doing. Looking forward to trying to make it this year. Got the brake master cylinder rebuilt and the headlight issue figured out (damn old wiring).

Just waiting on a clutch cable because the one I have is stretched to far and it won't stay in place on the perch anymore. Should have it this week. If all goes well I plan on meeting up in Key Largo.

Brent, did you contact the Boatel people or make any arrangements for Key West yet? Also is anyone looking for a roomate to cut down on room costs in both location?

Let me know.

-Jonathan

P.S. My eyes are better now but I now know how far to walk down Duvall street and when to turn around.
      Hi Jonathan,
      In Key Largo, for friday Feb 4, I have reserved the Floating Inn all three rooms, and the Crows nest house boat next to it at Houseboatel.

In key West, for Sat Feb 5, I have reserved 4 rooms at the Spanish Garden Inn.

There is a bed available for you at Both locations. Shall I count on you staying with us at Key Largo & Key West?

So far, I am expecting attendees:
      Brent
      Stewart
      Don
      Jeff
      Earl G
      Jonathan
      Ted & Heather

I am planning on 7 Bikes now and there are 7 beds in both Locations.

Anyone else coming, bring sleeping bag or make your reservation directly with motel.
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Got the clutch cable installed today. Took her for a short ride today afterwards since it is such a nice day today.

I will meet up with you guys in Key Largo on the 4th. Probably head down after work. If there are any South Florida people that want to meet up and ride down to Key Largo together, let me know.

-Jonathan
        Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Brent, I plan on coming down to Largo to meet up with you guys. I have a sleeping bag, will you rent out some floor space? Maybe Cobia too.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Its cold up here, we are getting anxious for warmer climates.

We plan to leave Ottawa, Canada on Saturday, Jan 29 and take two plus days to get to Florida.

We will leave the van and trailer at Dan's, hopefully on Monday morning, Jan 31

Plan to tour around the West and Central Florida tourist traps for a couple of days before meeting up in Bradenton (or where ever Brent plans us to meet).

Brent, it would be good to update the meeting time and location on Feb 3rd.

We currently have a reservation at Motel 6, but can change;
            Motel 6 Bradenton #678 - $45.99 plus tax (AAA)
            660 67th St Circle E
            I-75 At Sr 64, Exit #220/220-b
            Bradenton, FL, 34208
            Phone: (941) 747-6005

Ted and Heather

Comment

packing & plans

Originally posted by ELDR View Post
              Its cold up here, we are getting anxious for warmer climates.

We plan to leave Ottawa, Canada on Saturday, Jan 29 and take two plus days to get to Florida.

We will leave the van and trailer at Dan's, hopefully on Monday morning, Jan 31

Plan to tour around the West and Central Florida tourist traps for a couple of days before meeting up in Bradenton (or where ever Brent plans us to meet).

Brent, it would be good to update the meeting time and location on Feb 3rd.

We currently have a reservation at Motel 6, but can change;
              Motel 6 Bradenton #678 - $45.99 plus tax (AAA)
              660 67th St Circle E
              I-75 At Sr 64, Exit #220/220-b
              Bradenton, FL, 34208
              Phone: (941) 747-6005

Ted and Heather
              Update - no change. Yes motel 6 Bradenton, FL Thursday Feb 3
              2/4/11 Lunch at seafood festival everglades City then Floating inn Key Largo
              2/5/11 Spanish Gardens Key west FL

Remember to pack summer gloves etc. Maybe a swimsuit. Yes there were kids swimming in the outdoor unheated pool when we arrived in key West last year.
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

We are in Pelham GA, about 20km from where we are leaving the van and trailer.

Lots of snow and sleet in the North yesturday, clear all day today.

Was 30F this morning when we left Wytheville VA this morning and 4 hours later and until now sunny 67 to 70 F

A little rain falling now and 58F, but not tomorrow 70F.

Ted

Comment

Hi Ted,
                  Have a good time.You are well out of it. We are scheduled for 30cm of SNOW to night. AAAHHHHH
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I'm in Northern Indiana today and drove through sleet and then snow all night to get here. Predicting a foot or two of the white death today, tha I hope to avoid. But then going home just means more sleet.

So, I am REALLY wishing I was on the road to Key West!!! Jealousy is so ugly, but how could one not be!! Hope it is a great safe ride for all!
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

home from work, car is packed, just have to hook trailer to car. i am south bound.
                      80 xs1100G

Comment

Originally posted by earl G View Post
                        home from work, car is packed, just have to hook trailer to car. i am south bound.
                        know what i mean?
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

Cobia, if you are going, Mighty Eleven and I are leaving Fri sometime instead of Sat. Weather is supposed to be good, upper 70's, see everyone down there.
                          2H7 (79)
                          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Ted and Heather checked in at Motel 6, 6:30 - going to Dinner at Cracker Barrel

Comment

It is unseasonably warm this year here in Florida. I bet the water is chilly, but to you Vikings from the North it might feel like bath water.

The keys are nice, but snorkelling a reef is a treat if you can afford to charter a small boat to one. Oh and tell everyone at the tiki bar I said hello.
                              79 Special
                              2012 FJR1300
                              78 E (project. Clutch problems from PO) Must sell

Comment

Originally posted by ELDR View Post
                                Ted and Heather checked in at Motel 6, 6:30 - going to Dinner at Cracker Barrel
                                Hi Ted,
                                Hope you had a good dinner. I have been there so I know where you are
                                Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X