Central NC ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come one come all

I am glad a few people can make it. I hope the weather is good. So far it has been raining in the afternoons here. I figure the ride will be over by 1:30 to 2:00. Let me know what you want to do other than ride the route. I want to remind u all I have never been on a group ride so I will need someone to help me organize the group.
    Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
    82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
    Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

Comment

The weather looks good for Saturday, hot and dry. No rain in the forecast. The group is not big , looks like 10 to 15 bikes. That will be easy, keep the speed limit and stay close when going through towns with traffic lights. The leader will keep watch on the bikes following and may slow down to let folks catch up when needed.
      Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
      Current rides:
      80 XS1100SG
      82 JX1100
      83 Venture Royale
      86 V-Max

Comment

Originally posted by mlew View Post
        The weather looks good for Saturday, hot and dry. No rain in the forecast. The group is not big , looks like 10 to 15 bikes. That will be easy, keep the speed limit and stay close when going through towns with traffic lights. The leader will keep watch on the bikes following and may slow down to let folks catch up when needed.
        From my experiences on group rides the following are suggestions....No side by side riding...each rider is staggered right -left etc... keep a minimum of 3 secs distance between you and the person ahead of you... when in a curve ...single file...those who want to ride faster should be up front. All particpants should know the route and ALWAYS ride your own ride...That means ride withiin your capabilities. Dont force yourself to keep a pace that you are uncomfortable with just because your afraid of being left behind...theres a few other things but I cant think of them now...Oh if the group is too big it might be advisable to break into more than one grouping and stagger them out by a few minutes. Oh and do not pass your buddies while riding but if we have stops then you can change positions. Last but most important...the lead rider is NOT responsible for how you should ride...your pace ...it is up to each person to be responsible for themselves...BTDT
        Last edited by madmax-im; 06-15-2010, 02:52 PM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Tomorrow is the day

Maps are ready and we plan to meet at the Post Office Parking lot. Come join us.

Comment

How did it turn out?

Sorry I couldnt make it but family matters superceded my being able to go...so anyone with a report?..pics?
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Fun ride, only 5 of us were there. BiggieAl tok sime pics. We met in Climax as planed, ate lunch at a local place. My cheesburger was great. Rode from Climax to Liberty then to Randalman. Stpped at the Richard Petty musem and looked through it. Neat place lots or old race cars and memorabilia. Even a impressive collection of guns.
              Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
              Current rides:
              80 XS1100SG
              82 JX1100
              83 Venture Royale
              86 V-Max

Comment

Sounds like a good day...hopefully there'll be another and I'll be able to go...Thanks Mark
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I posted pictures and a report under the ride report forum

Comment

Working...
                  X