Central NC ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central NC ride

Anybody got any plans to get a ride up for central NC area. Greensboro, High Point, or Burlington area
    Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
    82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
    Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

Nc

I am thinking of making a trip mid spring up to The Tail of the Dragon. I might be interested in a little more southern of a ride. I am in Huntersville, North of Charlotte, might be willing to ride out to Asheboro. Let me know if anything is planned, I will see what I can do to join in the festivities.
    1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
    1981 XJ650 Midnight - Black Betty
    Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

Originally posted by Bigge_al View Post
      Anybody got any plans to get a ride up for central NC area. Greensboro, High Point, or Burlington area
      When are you thinking of doing this?
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Im a follower not a leader

I was looking to get a interest and find out if anyone has a something in the works. I only know of one road in my area that is worth riding it runs from Asheboro, to Liberty, . I guess i could work on something. Start in Climax run down 62 to Liberty road to Liberty then take Old Liberty Rd to Asheboro (Some decent twist) but then we would more than likely turn around and back track unless we want to get on 220 north back up to 62 back to Climax (or take 311 over to 85 then North to Greensboro then back down to 62). I am trying to avoid traffic, HWYS and towns.

Comment

I would be interested. It is not all that far frome me, hour and a half to Greensboreo, a couple to the Jonesboro area from here.
          POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
          THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
          1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

Ride

Originally posted by vanhump View Post
            I would be interested. It is not all that far frome me, hour and a half to Greensboreo, a couple to the Jonesboro area from here.
            I am interested and not too far away. Southeast plans for 2010 are Atl to Key west & back Feb 3-10, and Old Jap bikes at TWO in Suches, GA this fall. I would like to see more XS rides in the Southeast.
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Central NC ride

Hi. My name is Mike and I am new to the forums. I too am interested in this ride. I live in Nebo which is about an hour and a half from the Greensboro area.
              79 XS1100 "Velvet Hammer"
              Progressive springs, MAC 4-1 with modified glass pack thrush 2" baffle inside megaphone, 80 carbs with Dynojet kit and K&N's, Ported & Polished head soon (it's what I do)

87 FZ700/ YZR500 replica in progress
              93 GS500/ 851cc stroker superlight in progress

Comment

Central

Sounds like it is very central for everyone. I am game. Keep me posted on a date.
                1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
                Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

It doesn't look like my XS will be ready until sometime in the summer but if you guys decide to take a little ride and don't mind a Suzuki (1983 GS1100E) riding along with you let me know. I live in Asheboro.
                  current bikes:
                  1983 GS 1100E
                  2009 Kaw Vulcan 1700 Classic

past bikes:
                  1978 XS 1100
                  1994 FZR 600
                  1984 V65 Sabre
                  1973 CB 750
                  1974 CB 750
                  1979 KZ 750 twin
                  1977 CB 550
                  1983 XJ 750 Seca
                  1981 900 super sport
                  too many others to list

Comment

I too am interested but only if the weather is dry...my old bike dont like rain...I still gotta get it registered and insured in NC...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Possible Date for the one tank ride

I got a date in mind for the ride it is June 19th meet at 11pm at the Post Office in Climax, NC. There is a gas station across the street and an eating place.
                      Route to be from Post Office down 62 to Liberty Rd to the town of Liberty then take Old Liberty Rd (crossing over NC 22) to Asheboro then take Bus 220 to Randleman. We can end at the Petty Museum in Randleman it is kinda on a side street but we can park at the Library.
                      If anyone is interested I can take them by the Victory Junction Camp but we can not enter.
                      We can continue to ride some back roads I know in the area.

Any Ideas are welcome. This will be my first ride so HELP!!!! As I got it figured it is a 60 to 70 mile ride.

Comment

I got a date in mind for the ride it is June 19th meet at 11pm at the Post Office in Climax, NC. There is a gas station across the street and an eating place.
                        Route to be from Post Office down 62 to Liberty Rd to the town of Liberty then take Old Liberty Rd (crossing over NC 22) to Asheboro then take Bus 220 to Randleman. We can end at the Petty Museum in Randleman it is kinda on a side street but we can park at the Library.
                        If anyone is interested I can take them by the Victory Junction Camp but we can not enter.

Any Ideas are welcome. This will be my first ride so HELP!!!! As I got it figured it is a 60 to 70 mile ride.
                        Gotta check the dates and where Climax is in relation to me...will let ya know...sorry I dunno much of Nc yet so aint much of a help
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Two ways to come across country using back roads to Pittsboro then come up 421 to NC Hwy 62.
                          But the easiest would be to take 85/40 to 421 to NC hwy 62S may take longer but not much thinking involved.
                          Either way will take about a hour and half to get here.

Comment

Go figure

I am sad.... I will be somewhere in Ohio that day. I wish I could join you guys but it doesn't work for me. Let me know if the date changes.
                            1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
                            Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

If you ride through North Carolina please post your route on my online map at allstate insurance route or allstate insurance moto. I am an advocate for allstate and thus I am using their web pages for this project. Thanks

David

Comment

Working...
                              X