Key West Rally January 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XS11 Rally pic site

The link got broke up in the early e-mail so I am reposting it.

-Jonathan
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Comment

names - group photo

Standing - left to right

Bob & Jackie Falter from Iowa HD dyna & p/u truck (experienced loader) Left his XS at home. Jackie is winner of "other bike" long distance passenger award

Gary Conboy of the Great White North - XS1100 (still in FL waiting for spring)

Jonathan Abramson XS1100 near Miami, Thinks 50 is cold. Winner of Most ridden least washed XS1100 award

Robbin from south Atlanta - rides with Marty Hallburg (front & center) Winner of XS1100 long distance passenger award

Gary Swicegood, of South Atlanta, rode black HD Roadking

John Miller finished break in of new FJR, learning practical elictrical applications & location of fuse block. Winner of cleanest "other bike" aaward

Dr. Tim Walters, XS1100, South FL, works too much

Jeff Hallberg - Marty hallberg's long lost second cousin, big new gold wing, Winner "other bike class" long distance rider.

Phil Delayhe of ther Great White North, MaximPhil. XJ650. He claims it is just an XS1100 that stayed in the drying cycle too long and shrunk. His bike was judged in XS/XJ class and he was winner of the long distance rider award, having ridden from Toronto to Key west in just over 4 months. He was also recognized as the slowest traveler, having ridden out of Toronto in September of '07.

Front row - left to right

Don Hather 84 GL1200 Honda old Wing Near Tallahassee, Gets around

Brent Hoovestol - Red HD Firefighters edition, Claims to own an XS1100SG. Winner "other bike class" Dirtiest Bike, carries wrenches

Marty Hallberg. XS1100SG Fayetteville, South Atlanta, Ga.
        Pretty good at hearding cats.

Cody Griffin, Maximan, of Stillwater OK rides new Kawasaki Concourse owns XS1100, misses XJ1100 Maxim Trailered from OK, Rode from Pensacola

Bohn Frazier of Shawnee, KS Rode XS1100 from Pensacola with Cody. Those two are Not contenders for slow traveler awards. Carries Sunscreen, Auxilliary fuel tank, spare bulbs, and the better part of a hardware/automotive supply store in tail trunk
        Winner - Cleanest XS1100
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Arrived home 9:00pm Saturday.
          Thanks Brent for the wonderful write up of the awards. I only come for the abuse The continuing saga of Maxim Phil's ride to the Keys. After everyone but Gary (Canada) had left for points north we headed to Key Largo where we spent some time at the Pennecamp state park. mostly watching the bikinis on the beach though we did walk through the mangrove swamp too. Later that day we headed up to Miami where Gary continued on to ft lauderdale I got lost in the confussion of numbered streets and ave that is Miami. Friday was the grand tour of South Beach and Hollywood. The Bike is stored for now in Miami waiting my return in March for the next stage.
          What a great rally too may wonderful memories to boore you all with here.
          Thanks for posting the pictures Maximan.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Yep yep...fun ride. I especially enjoyed meeting the Canucks!

Bohn and I rode about 2000 miles total. We had to cut out early due to previous obligations.

Comment

Brent also carries a siphon hose to ,don't ask.
              Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

Thanks for the pics.....

I am running out of excuses so I going to have to go / come
                next year. (2009)
                Tom
                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Tamami trail

Originally posted by madbiker
                  Brent also carries a siphon hose to ,don't ask.
                  Ralph the Madbiker
                  Ralph,
                  I did ask some of the riders if they liked martinis before we left for a long strech with no gas. They did not, so we stopped an XStra time for fuel. pics

http://www.photoshow.net/view/xyaWoyAnh

It was good.

Happy motoring,
                  Brent
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Welcome Canadians

Originally posted by Huron52
                    Thanks for the pics.....

I am running out of excuses so I going to have to go / come
                    next year. (2009)
                    The Ranger at Everglades National Park told Gary & Phil;
                    "oh from Canada AAAAy/, Welcome to the eleventh Province"

nice ride there too Pics from Andersonville & Gulf coast. Some of them did not turn out too well as folks were sitting in shade, trying to stay cool at mid day.

http://www.photoshow.net/view/fWaFiDAnh
                    Brent in GA

Comment

Re: names - group photo

Originally posted by Brent
                      [John Miller finished break in of new FJR, learning practical elictrical applications & location of fuse block.
                      In fairness to Yamaha, I need to mention that the electrical "opportunity" I experienced was entirely my own doing. Short version: I didn't beleive that the insulated crimp-on connectors plugging onto the (aftermarket) horn relay spade lugs would need any additional insulation. I believed wrong. Slight pressure on the wires from a fairing panel displaced the lugs enough to cause the connectors to touch intermittently. D'oh! All better now. Thanks for everyone's support.

Comment

Re: Welcome Canadians

"oh from Canada AAAAye'??/, Welcome to the eleventh Province"

nice ride there too Pics from Andersonville & Gulf coast.

http://www.photoshow.net/view/fWaFiDAnh [/B][/QUOTE]

More from the Everglades;
                        http://www.photoshow.net/view/DCcLvvAoh

Brent in Ga
                        Brent in GA

Comment

Re: Re: Welcome Canadians

Originally posted by Brent
                          "oh from Canada AAAAye'??/, Welcome to the eleventh Province"

nice ride there too Pics from Andersonville & Gulf coast.

http://www.photoshow.net/view/fWaFiDAnh
                          More from the Everglades;

And us1, 7 mile bridge, sunset at mallory Square southernmost point...

Northbound, Okachobee, Pahokee, Ormond Loop, Bulow sugar mill ruins, A1A

Rally end.
                          A virtual toast to all our friends who could not make this; the first, and Southernmost, 30th anniversary XS1100 rally. Hope to see you next year. The ride home was nice. No fuel at the YeeHaw Junction crossroads, but it is available at Hollowpaw. No Pics here of Saint Augustine, the Fountain of Youth, conch house or Okefenokee. My camera memory got full, batteries low. It was SO nice that the lunch stop for 4 of us streached out to 22 hours. "No dear, we did not get very far to day, but there is a little shower in South Ga. We are waiting it out here."
                          Where else would you rather be in January than on the edge of Paradise? (I had wondered: Why would anyone leave their rainsuit at home?)
                          Wife is drinking the fountain of youth water, I may return for refill SOON.

(To watch this show, paste the address below into your browser)
                          http://www.photoshow.net/view/BJIWlvAoh

Brent in Ga
                          Brent in GA

Comment

I have over 250 photos of the trip here:
                            http://www.flickr.com/gp/13874184@N02/p1KHG7

I hope to have a ride report soon.
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

So many great pictures that capture the event.
                              Thanks to all of you that have posted. I will review mine again but I do not think I have anything that has not been covered already. Is it March yet? Can hardly wait to get back in the saddle.
                              Thank you to all who made this happen.
                              Maxim Phil
                              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MaximPhil
                                [B]So many great pictures that capture the event.
                                Thanks to all of you that have posted. I will review mine again but I do not think I have anything that has not been covered already.

Is it March yet? Can hardly wait to get back in the saddle.
                                Thank you to all who made this happen.
                                Maxim Phil

Phil,
                                Just how far away from you is your bike right now?
                                How can you stand it? March is only 5-6 weeks from now.

Happy moptoring soon,
                                Brent
                                Brent in GA

Comment

Working...
                                X