Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meeting points

Marty,

I will meet Y'all at Melears BBQ Hwy85 Fayetteville Saturday morning around 0900 ; departing for Tallahassee around 0930.

We will meet Bohn & Cody at
    Motel 6 850-386-7878
    > 2738 North Monroe St Tallahassee, FL 32303
    Saturday night heading south on 19 Sunday morning.

Weather looks good, with a couple chilly mornings. Bring sunscreen & summer riding gloves. I may pack my swimming suit.

Do not worry about the Gators in south GA. They only eat Canadians. OH! Phil & Gary keep alert. (Sometimes there is no accounting for taste).

Happy motoring,Brent in Ga
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

miami weather

Saturday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 76.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Monday: A 10 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 78.

Probably a little warmer in the keys
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I've got my reservations made for Motel 6 and Key West. I just changed the oil and brake fluid on the bike. I also cked middle and final drive and serviced the battery.

I am stoked to go!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Re: meeting points

Originally posted by Brent
          Marty,

I will meet Y'all at Melears BBQ Hwy85 Fayetteville Saturday morning around 0900 ; departing for Tallahassee around 0930.

We will meet Bohn & Cody at
          Motel 6 850-386-7878
          > 2738 North Monroe St Tallahassee, FL 32303
          Saturday night heading south on 19 Sunday morning.

Weather looks good, with a couple chilly mornings. Bring sunscreen & summer riding gloves. I may pack my swimming suit.

Do not worry about the Gators in south GA. They only eat Canadians. OH! Phil & Gary keep alert. (Sometimes there is no accounting for taste).

Happy motoring,Brent in Ga
          Hi Brent,
          I love it when a plan comes together.
          Weather looks good. As for those GA Gators i will be trusting in my fine Yamaha to keep me ahead of the snapping jaws.
          Maxim Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Am I the only one posting to this thread?
            well the time has come the Walrus said......
            I head out in teh morning for the first leg by plane to Atlanta then on to the Keys.
            Cold and snow here so i am especially glad to be onmy way.
            Maxim Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Phil,

You are the only one posting here. Not many from this group are coming.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Sorry that I don't get to join in, but Christmas has crushed my savings and I need to work.
                I hope you guys and gals have a great time. And be careful, as it's yankee season here and they seem to have brought everybody and there brother with them= very crowded this year.

Comment

work

Originally posted by GNEPIG
                  Sorry that I don't get to join in, but Christmas has crushed my savings and I need to work.
                  I hope you guys and gals have a great time. And be careful, as it's yankee season here and they seem to have brought everybody and there brother with them= very crowded this year.
                  Thanks for Notice. I knew is was a desired "long shot" for you to make it from the beginning.

Stewart will be working too, Left behind...

Listen for the rumble of XS HD & goldwing pipes around mid day in Tampa. Raise a glass & join us in a virtual toast Thursday night, as we remember those working or trapped in a frozen wasteland.
                  Brent in GA

Comment

Ride result

Just a quick reply because I am pooped. For my first XS rally, I was impressed and had a great time. Even the cat herding was fun.

I left Florida City today at about 5:30 and made my short 70 mile trip with traffic in about an hour. None the less, my fuel mileage was no where near the 50 MPG I got from the 55 MPH trip down to Key West.

For those that missed it and did not get the chance to "Winterize" your bike, hopefully you can make it next year.

Also the ride to Flamingo today was great. That road is more fun at 70 MPH though. Just don't do it in the post 15 MPH area other wise the park ranger may give you an earfull like he did today to one of riders who shall remain nameless.

I'll be setting up a photobucket site for the rally and upload the few pictures I got and somehow post the video of the sunset taken from Mallory Square.

Can't wait to go back down to Key West and eat at Jamacan Me Hungry again. Expensive but delicious. Next time though, we need a better parking plan and an overnight stay in Key West.

-Jonathan
                    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Home again

Made it home at 730 pm tonight. Good riding. more later.

Brent, back in GA
                      Brent in GA

Comment

I setup a photobucket site for all of us to share our pics from the rally.

http://s274. photobucket. com/albums/ jj259/XS11KeyWes tRally/

If it requires a password, it is "keywest"

Please post your pics there that you took to share them. I put up a couple I took with my camera phone as well as a video I took of the sunset.

-Jonathan
                        Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

who shall remain Ann Nominus , that wasn't Ann , but I bet his first initial is Gary

Jim
                          sorry i couldn't make it , even though my old xs did
                          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                          Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                          and SOXS
                          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Thank you Brent for hosting another good XS rally. Had a lot of fun and meet some more interesting and enjoyable XS and other motorcycle riders. The weather was perfect. I hope you have another one next year. I’m working on a cheaper way to get down there next time. $828 for gas is too much.

Made it back home Friday evening as planned. My rear tire went flat on the Dyna about 20 miles from my sister’s place in Graceville, FL. Managed to plug the leak and try out the air compressor Jackie picked as her prize (with Brent’s help). The rest of the trip home went without incident.

Now I’m back to cold weather and snow. Had to blow the snow from the driveway Saturday morning and it snowed again last night. It is not supposed to get above freezing today. Maybe it should be longer rally next year, like all winter?

Thanks again Brent,
                            Bob
                            #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                            #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                            '97 V-Max
                            '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

I arrived home at about 7 last night chilled to the bone. It was a fantastic time! I have over 300 photos to upload.
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

What a great ride, and a great bunch to ride with! Too many super memories to recount. Special thanks to Brent for pulling this whole thing together (roger on herding cats) and to Marty for inviting me.

Friday afternoon, Jeff and I reluctantly left Robin, Marty, Gary and Brent at a VERY pleasant waterfront restaurant in St. Augustine, figuring to punch through to the west of a front that was stalling over the area and get behind it, concerned that waiting until Saturday would mean rain all the way home. We got through it just fine -- beautiful ride through the Okefenokee -- but as it turned out, the group that stayed actually got less wet than we did, and had a pleasant evening in St. Augustine to boot!

Can't wait 'til next year!
                                --
                                John Miller
                                black cherry FJR1300
                                This trip - 2040 miles, 49.1 MPG

Comment

Working...
                                X