2007 Vintage Tally at TWO Suches, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darrell,

You can make it in a day, but it won't be any fun. There are a lot of fun roads between there and here. There are no (or very few) ratty motels in the area. It's best to stay at the lodge or pack your tent. There are cabin rentals in the area.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Re: Are we there yet???

Originally posted by jimboreeno
      Just wanted to revive the thread to see who is planning on Suches this year!
      I am so ready for a ride I can taste it!
      I'd like to go. I live in Chatsworth, Ga. Where is Suches?

Semper Fi!

Comment

You got no excuse!

You are less than 2 hours away.
        Take 515 up and then drop down on 60.
        The event is at
        TWO (Two Wheels Only)
        See you there!
        JimBoReeno
        My Ex!"Half-Breed"
        '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
        '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
        2000 Indian Chief
        Millennium Edition

Comment

Suches

Count me in. . . . . Bohn
          Bohn
          78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
          80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

I am looking forward to being there, am bringing the better half. Now deciding wether to ride or trailer it.
            Bruce Heckert
            1980 Yamaha XS11SG-sold
            1988 Honda GL 1500
            2001 Suzuki SV650S-sold
            1981 Honda CM200T
            2012 Honda CBR250-sold
            2012 Suzuki Vstrom

Comment

just passin thru

Hey Bohn,
              You riding or trailering?
              Nashville is on the way to Suches. (About 9 hours from ya) I think we are going to have 3-5 riders heading down from this area. Last year XJ11john and I took a beautiful ride down on a non-interstate Tennessee route. Let's plan to hook up if ya wanna ride!
              com'on witchya
              JimBoReeno
              My Ex!"Half-Breed"
              '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
              '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
              2000 Indian Chief
              Millennium Edition

Comment

Suches

I am currently planning on bringing two of my bikes, so I will have to trailer. (Unless I can figure out how to ride two at once) I finally have my 1978 XS750SE which I bought new in Cleveland, TN in nice shape and would like to ride it while I am back in my old stomping ground. I will probably come down on Wednesday so I can roam about the countryside some before the masses arrive. . . . . Bohn
                Bohn
                78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
                80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

Hey All

Just 11weeks a way now I got the Bandit reworked Its running nice now still fine tuning some will have new tires and brakes on.

XSively
                  Bruce
                  Bruce Gerken
                  '79 XS1100SF
                  "The Black"
                  '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                  The Red Sled.
                  St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

N GA roads

Hi All,

Today Sat 7-14-07, I checked on several of the roads near TWO in Suches, Ga
                    They, 60 180 129 348 356 19 75 75A 115 284 are in great shape. There was some loose gravel on 180 spur leading the 3 miles to Brasstown Bald. Riding for hundreds of miles on north Ga rds, I saw 2 police cruiser type unmarked crown vics, but did not see any one pulled over.

TWO looks good. GT is looking forward to the Vintage rally. I can hardly wait to see many of my XSive friends again.

Let me know if you have questions...of course I might need to ride up there to check before I can answer

Happy motoring,
                    Brent in Ga
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Hi Brent,
                      How far is it from Toronto
                      You paint a very tempting picture.
                      Maxim Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

tempting

Hi Phil,

It is only too far until after you have done it. It is close enough, that I could probably do it on a Harley (if I had a passport).

Distance from Buffalo NY is 838 miles 14 hr 20 min. How much furtheraway are you?

While you could do it in a day or two, It would be more fun to take longer and do some fun back roads north of Suches.

Some of the best Motorcycle roads ion the continnent are here and XSives come back year after year from as far as MO PA VA NY

Great food at TWO also. All the snow has long since melted from year before last (none last year). Leaves should be starting to change by then. Temps good for a Jacket.

Your 650 maxim would be just GREAT on the tight curves and winding roads. I should mention wolf pen gap rd, the twistiest rd in GA, is about 1 /4 mile from the lodge. Deals gap or the cherohala parkway are within a day ride.
                        I do have some pictures.

Sleep on it , and sweet dreams.
                        Brent in GA
                        Brent in GA
                        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

tempting

Hi Phil,

It is only too far until after you have done it. It is close enough, that I could probably do it on a Harley (if I had a passport).

Distance from Buffalo NY is 838 miles 14 hr 20 min. How much furtheraway are you?

While you could do it in a day or two, It would be more fun to take longer and do some fun back roads north of Suches.

Some of the best Motorcycle roads ion the continnent are here and XSives come back year after year from as far as MO PA VA NY

Great food at TWO also. All the snow has long since melted from year before last (none last year). Leaves should be starting to change by then. Temps good for a Jacket.

Your 650 maxim would be just GREAT on the tight curves and winding roads. I should mention wolf pen gap rd, the twistiest rd in GA, is about 1 /4 mile from the lodge. Deals gap or the cherohala parkway are within a day ride.
                          I do have some pictures.

Sleep on it , and sweet dreams.
                          Brent in GA
                          Brent in GA

Comment

TWO pics

Hi y'all,

Sorry for double post.
                            A link for TWO

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/

Happy motoring,
                            Brent in Ga
                            Brent in GA

Comment

My buddy and I are thinking of bringing his XS750 and my SH out there in September. What dates are you guys planning on being there?
                              wingnut
                              81 SH (Daily Ride)
                              81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                              81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                              82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                              81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

dates

Originally posted by wingnut
                                My buddy and I are thinking of bringing his XS750 and my SH out there in September. What dates are you guys planning on being there?
                                Sept 38-30,2007
                                These dates are good according to TWO web site.

This is a couple of weeks earlier than in past years. Leaves in N. GA should be starting to turn by then. Some riders come down a week early and preride (pracitce?) some of the roads. some will stay late.

Saturday is big day, with Saturday night, a big dinner get together not to be missed. A reunion and celebration with fun and humor. (I might try for RAT bike award, but not the Harley award

Want to ride more?
                                I live less than 2 hours south of Suches. End of September fits my scheduled unemployment. I have a map and some knowledge of the area. Currently I am a little deficient on bikes, XS1100SG has bad rear wheel bearing and seal, But I have a HD road king and a Honda 450 running. Either one is fun, but not quite a match for a well ridden XS. (650, 750 & 850 do really well on those twisty roads). Let me know.

Hmmm, how to fix whell bearing? 1. turn off computer, 2 get up off of butt, 3 find bike under winter riding gear...
                                I plan to be there on something.

And another thing, Two Wheels Only does allow trucks, & cars with trailers hauling bikes. There is a good ramp/ hump for loading and I hear that the forrest service roads in area are great for dual sports.

Happy motoring,
                                Hope to CU there
                                Brent in Ga

and from previous posts: (These guys have"been there, done that" at this rally & location. ) Do you wonder why they want to go AGAIN?

Rally is September 28-30th.
                                I am in and gonna try to get some more riders from around Nashville.

'80 XS1100SG Motor

"She's not loud and slow, but I love her anyway!!

12-14-2006 07:08 AM

gerkenbruce
                                XStremely XSive

We Have a green light for the last weekend of Sept.
                                This a new date I talked with Rob Yesterday T.W.O.S is Good with it.

Looking foward to seeing you all there

XSively
                                Bruce
                                Brent in GA

Comment

Working...
                                X