No announcement yet.

2007 Vintage Tally at TWO Suches, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, folks, I think I'm going to wimp out. For me its quite a distance to go in a short time in an area I'm unfamiliar with and with some potentially lousy weather.

Have fun. I'm with you in spirit. See you at XSEast08.

Darrell
    Darrell
    78E
    80G project
    06FJR

Comment

Sorry to hear you are not coming Darrell, these are your kind of roads.

On another note, Bruce and I rode hard today, had fun. Did 180 miles of BRP, did 151 4 times, and some on 276 from BRP to Caruso and back. I am a little tentitive and screwing up easy corners after the hospital deal, might take me a few days to get back to normal. Was beat after a measly 200+ miles. I may not be able to lead a fast ride this time....Marty or Bruce can fill in for me.

See you all there Fri and Sat!!!
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Home

Gary, Marty, T.C.. Bruce, Brent and the gang,

Made it home without any problems. It was actually a pretty good ride except for the bicycles down the hill at the beginning of the day.

Enjoyed seeing and riding with everyone.

Hope you guys had a good safe ride today.

Ralph
        Ralph Meeks
        79F
        80SG

Comment

Took scenic and 4-lane mixed, stayed in Summersville last night on the way home, arrived OK at 2 PM today. A blast as usual, and as usual... well, never mind....
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Glad you are home ok.

Good Luck now.

ralph
            Ralph Meeks
            79F
            80SG

Comment

Russ wreck thread!

Here is a link.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&postid=133173
              Gary Granger

Comment

attack squirrels

As TC witnessed;

On Ray Mountain Rd in North Ga I encountered 3 critters. This road is only 3 or 4 miles long, and twisty. One squirrell ran into rd in front of me. I chose a nice fairly easy line that I could maintain that "might" miss the squirel. Squirrell darted back and forth. I stayed on chosen course, heard and felt slight thump. TC said he saw squirrel kiss my tire and run away. He is probably Bragging to his squirrel buddies right now.

A few moments later a squirrel dropped out of the sky from a tree branch overhead. He landed in road about 10 feet in front of me, then scampered off to side. I rounded two more curves, then saw a small deer, a fawn with spots still (it seems a little late in season, but I am sure). This deer stood in road directly in front of me looking. I got a good look at eyes and spots before it ran off. I did not see the mother, but suspect that she may have been close by. Much wildlife for 3 miles.

This weekend, I plan to go on the trail of Bigfoot. Yes there just happens to be a Bigfoot symposium at Talihina, Oklahoma the same weekend as the XS1100 rally.
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Brent we tried Black Mt road and a few others in that area...all good. Got into some deep red clay/mud/dirt too rough for even 4 wheelers and had to turn around, thankfully it was dry!

Gary
                  Gary Granger

Comment

Good mopuntain rds.

Originally posted by sixtysix
                    Brent we tried Black Mt road and a few others in that area...all good. Got into some deep red clay/mud/dirt too rough for even 4 wheelers and had to turn around, thankfully it was dry!

Gary
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Good mopuntain rds.

Gary
                      Brent in GA

Comment

• Good mopuntain rds.

Gary
                        Brent in GA

Comment

• Back home

Gary and I are back home
                          Making plans for next year

XSively
                          Bruce
                          Bruce Gerken
                          '79 XS1100SF
                          "The Black"
                          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                          The Red Sled.
                          St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

• Photo of us on dirt 'road' - Phil is saying at this point "Surely you must be joking"
                            Attached Files
                            Gary Granger

Comment

• Glad to hear everybody got home safely especially after hearing about Russ. He is in our thoughts and prayers. Terry, Mary, Mary Lynn and I got home Wednesday. Don and Jan left Monday and trailered back. We went through Deals Gap Sunday, then headed back monday. We went via Smokey Mountain National Park, visited Clingmans dome, stayed in Pigeon Forge, then Portsmouth Ohio, then home on Wednesday. Great riding until we got into Detroit (pothole city). As always looking forward to next year.
                              Bruce Heckert
                              1980 Yamaha XS11SG-sold
                              1988 Honda GL 1500
                              2001 Suzuki SV650S-sold
                              1981 Honda CM200T
                              2012 Honda CBR250-sold
                              2012 Suzuki Vstrom

Comment

• Like to Thank my Sponsors

Home to day. Must check on Russ thread now.
                                Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X