TeXSive Lite April 8th - Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive Lite April 8th - Update

OK TeXSives April is just around the corner.

Info:
    We will be meeting at the IHOP in Galveston, TX at 8:00am

IHop
    5228 Seawall Blvd
    Galveston, TX 77551
    (409) 740-7474

Map to Ihop

We will most likely have lunch in Bay City. There is a seafood place as well as a good BBQ place. We'll figure that out on the fly.

Map of route

We will end the ride in Kemah . We should be ariving in Kemah around 4:30-5:00pm, we can hang out there, enjoy the fun shops and sites on the boardwalk. For those who would like to stick around, we will have dinner at the Joe's Crab Shack on the boardwalk and then part ways from there. For those of you staying in Galveston, it is only a 25 or so minute ride back to your room.

See ya in April.
    Ride Safe
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Im sooooooooooooooo there. Looking farward to seeing one and all !!!!!!!!!!!!

GrayWizard

Comment

One change...
      We will be going to The Flying Dutchman for dinner Saturday night. Not Joe's. Just fyi.

Comment

I'm in, maybe not the dinner that night but the ride looks good. Hey Wayne lets plan a stop in Alvin for the folks not eating dinner so we can head north and still get to say goodbye before everybody breaks off and goes their separate ways.
        There's always a way, figure it out.
        78XS11E

Comment

No problem buddy. We will do that.

Comment

Let's Ride!

I am totally in!

I may stay in Kemah, ride to IHOP and stay Saturday night back in Kemah. We'll see.

But I'm so there!

greg
            Gone but never Forgotten:
            1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
            2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
            2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Wayne, how many miles is the planned ride? Looks we will suit up to ride down on Friday. Skippy, ya wanna see if can hook up and ride together. You could come to Austin Thursday night and stay at the house and we could head out Friday. Warrior boy will tag along to.
              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Thanks for the Offer

But I'm a little closer here in College Station, and am planning on meeting Pathfinder and Hippie Dave on Friday and riding down with them.

But it will be awesome to have so many riding together again!

greg
                Gone but never Forgotten:
                1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Will check my charts and see where your at. Might have to adjust takeoff time to hook up with you guys. Saftey in numbers ya know.

Comment

Hey guys, have you picked out a hotel for friday nite?, I may go down friday nite also but I am probably going to truck the bike down. If I do decide to ride, I'll see if I can hook up with you, I live right off of 290 in the northwest side.
                    82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
                    78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
                    74 Husky 400
                    70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

dmac I sent you a pm about the ride down, I will be starting out around 6:30 from 1960 and 290. Let me know.
                      There's always a way, figure it out.
                      78XS11E

Comment

We have not checked out the hotels yet. So if you have any suggestions, let er rip. Maybe Wayne has some ideas . Our plan is to head out Friday morning. Figure that way I can stop often enough to keep the wife from complaining about dead butt . Not sure yet if we will head back to Austin on Sunday or Monday yet. If we can get it together, there hasta be a spot we could meet and ride in as a group.

Comment

Ok, whose gonna design the rally t-shirts?

Comment

Gotta have T-shirts!!!!

Pathfinder, I sent ya a pm

Webcraft2150-The only hotel I know about is the Passport Inn in Kemah, stayed at it twice and they seem to be the type to help us with bike parking etc. They are within walking distance of the boardwalk/resturants, (why we stayed there), there web is passportinnkemah-houston.com or 281.334.4855, maybe we can get a head count and get a group discount......swmbo may go and do the boardwalk thing with a friend while I'm on the ride.

Haven't stayed anywhere in Galveston, swmbo says Galveston/Seawall is about 30 minutes from Kemah.

Still haven't decided if going down friday nite or saturday morning, leaning towards friday via pickup, will keep posting.

dano
                            82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
                            78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
                            74 Husky 400
                            70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

I guess we need a head count to see who is going and when and where the preferred "landing" spot would be. (Wayne, are ya listening). I would like to stay where ever the most XS's are gonna be. Makes it easier to meet up to. There will be 4 in my "group". (Warrior boy is coming, trying to get him to buy new pipes!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X