Talimena Rally anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home from Oklahoma

Made it back home a few minutes ago abou 12:30 Tulsa time (1:30 am eastern daylight savinmgs time.)

missed the rain excep;t for 2 drops near Memphis and some wet pavement in Ga. Great rally & Great XSives at Talihina.

Happy motoring,
    Brent in GA
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• WOW! Truly an Iron Butt! Glad ya made it safe and thanks for coming.

Comment

• Here's some pix from the rally. It was a very good turn out for the first year. Hope to see you all next year.

Cody

Saturday morning breakfast

More Elevens

Let's RIDE!

End of the ROAD...literally!

Land of Oppurtunity

Top of the World! Talimena Ridge

XJ in the Sky

7 Elevens and three "mortal" bikes...

ZILLA

Parting Shot: L-R
        Brent, Dave Rockey (Poprock), Andrew and his dad Phil, Bohn Frazier, me, Dave (zuki) Downing, Mike and Randy (kneeling). Tod isn't pictured in the final because he headed home early.

Last edited by MAXIMAN; 09-25-2006, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• What a great weekend! It was great to meet everyone and I am looking forward to some more rallies in that area.....and other areas when I can get to them. I don't think it could have been better to tell you the truth.

I sure enjoyed seeing everyone's cycle also. Seeing all those bikes that "dust won't even stick to" has given me a little more inspiration to clean mine up a bit more, that's for sure.

Mike arrived home last night in Wichita about 7:20 and I got back to my house a little before that at about 7:00. No problems, just smooth sailing.

If you are going to that area from the north, definitely check out hiway 10 between I-44 and Tahlequah. It's a scenic route along the Illinois River. We hit it at a good time to ride, I think, due to the raft/canoe season being over, cool weather, and the leaves not having changed much yet(read: no slow moving caddys and buicks). Hardly any traffic, so we scooted right along if you know what I mean. Very fun ride. Not as scenic as the Talimena ridge ride, but very fun to ride.
          Randy

"I didn't break it! IT FAILED!"

'82 XJ1100 "yamama"
          '09 Buell Ulysses
          '01 HD softail std - crunched

Comment

• Thanks for checking in, Yadada. That is a very nice ride. Been there but not on a bike. I have business to do over that way, so it will give me an excuse. Glad you made it home. I like the street fighter look of your bike.
            1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by MAXIMAN
              [B]WOW! Truly an Iron Butt! Glad ya made it safe and thanks for coming.

Almost a saddle sore 1000. Yahoo directions shows 839 miles from Talihina (through Fort Smith) to my house. I doubt I made 170 miles extra with the morning ride and "the scenic route to Hot Springs" that I took. Total was 2010 miles - four days. What time did we leave?

Ran through some really uneven patchy fog. It seemed to have shapes, not like any haze I have been through. I guess I went into some clouds on Mont Egle at night between Nashville and Chattanooga. Rain was mostly to south, So I took Northern route.

Thanks for the pictures.

Brent in Ga
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Remind me next time we do this to put on the 160MPH spedo. I have some photos, who all wants them? I may post them on my FTP server for a while. When I get them up, I will let everyone know. In the mean time, just PM me and I will send them to you. If you cant open zip or rar files let me know. What a great rally!
                United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                Acta Non Verba

Comment

• I will have a CD in the mail tomorrow to everyone that was there. I got busy today and the post office closes too soon in this dang town. I'll get them in the mail before I get on the plane in the morning. I would love any pics anybody else has... highest resolution you can get to me. Thanks..

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by trbig
                    [B]I will have a CD in the mail tomorrow to everyone that was there. I got busy today and the post office closes too soon in this dang town. I'll get them in the mail before I get on the plane in the morning. I would love any pics anybody else has... highest resolution you can get to me. Thanks..

Tod,
                    I got my CD, took it to Vintage Japaneese rally (Mostly XSives) They were interested in seeing that country.. Your pics while riding are impressive. I will try to make and send my pictures to you too. I mounted the flat silver golf cart emblems on my XS. (It is more of a rider than nice or new looking) The emblems are a definate improvement. I took pics of before and after as well as cooking the new emblems on the kitchen stove. "Blanch for 10 seconds, bend and hold in place while cooling for 20 seconds - no longer flat."

Jimmboreeno from Springfiels Tenn was there camping with his 82XJ powered by an 80xs1100SG engine. Seemed to be going well. He may have some pof the same conversion mods as you.

How is your bike doing now? It got you there and back!! Thanks again. Hope to see you again before too long.

Happy motoring,
                    Brent in Ga
                    Brent in GA

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by trbig
                      [B]I will have a CD in the mail tomorrow to everyone that was there. I got busy today and the post office closes too soon in this dang town. I'll get them in the mail before I get on the plane in the morning. I would love any pics anybody else has... highest resolution you can get to me. Thanks..

Tod,
                      I got my CD, took it to Vintage Japaneese rally (Mostly XSives) They were interested in seeing that country.. Your pics while riding are impressive. I will try to make and send my pictures to you too. I mounted the flat silver golf cart emblems on my XS. (It is more of a rider than nice or new looking) The emblems are a definate improvement. I took pics of before and after as well as cooking the new emblems on the kitchen stove. "Blanch for 10 seconds, bend and hold in place while cooling for 20 seconds - no longer flat."

Jimmboreeno from Springfiels Tenn was there camping with his 82XJ powered by an 80xs1100SG engine. Seemed to be going well. He may have some pof the same conversion mods as you.

How is your bike doing now? It got you there and back!! Thanks again. Hope to see you again before too long.

Happy motoring,
                      Brent in Ga
                      Brent in GA

Comment

• Hey Hey Brent Brent, You You double double posted posted! lol.

I'm glad the emblems worked for you. I am getting the bike back together tonight as we speak. I would have had it fired up tonight, but I have the valve cover getting sandblasted tonight. All I have left to do is attach the carbs (2 minutes with the pod filters) throw on the valve cover, and drop the tank back on. I will take it for a ride tomorrow if it doesn't explode on start-up! lol. Ya never know... I did the work on it!?!?
                        If for any reason whatsoever you are back in this part of the country again.. please let us know. We could go up and see Cody and Dave and get them riled up by making fun of the OSU Cowboys!! It was great riding with you, and hope to do so again.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100

Comment

• Come on up, Tod. If Cody and I weren't of a tough-minded sort, we'd never be Cowboy fans anyway, so there isn't much you can say to us about that. If you get here in time I'll share some Religious Experience chili with you. Went through about 5 gal. of it at Homecoming last weekend, but there's a tad left.

Congrats on your rebuild. I may have that to do. Kong got new carbs tonight. Sounded good, but no road test yet.
                          1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

• So... just once a year, twice a year... more?? lol.. What's your thoughts??

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100

Comment

• Hi from Ga

Hi Y'all,

Religious experience chili sounds quite intriguing. A good excuse for a long ride.

I saw some snow here in Ga one cool morning last week. It was on top of a sooner trucking rig with oklahoma plates. That is all here so far.

I may well be riding to FL January 5 - 9. In 2005 did a 5 day road trip to Key west and back. No mountains or twisties, but much beautiful scenery and warm.

Happy motoring,
                              Brent in Ga
                              Brent in GA

Comment

• Ummmm Brent.

The scenery isn't as good in January for the Keys. Spring break isn't for a few months yet!

Tod

Current bikes:
                                '06 Suzuki DR650
                                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                                '81 XS1100 Special
                                '81 YZ250
                                '80 XS850 Special
                                '80 XR100

Comment

Working...
                                X