TeXSive Lite Rally (Spring 2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive Lite Rally (Spring 2006)

Well we are still 4 months away for TeXSive Lite 2006, but I wanted to put a bug in everyones ear.

We will be heading for the coast. Start in Galveston and ride down the coast to the Palacios Bay/Lavaca Bay area, depending on time, and back around thru south Texas to Galveston. I still have to work all the details out on routes.

The date for TeXSive Lite '06 is April 8. Mark your calendars.
    More info to come early next year...
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

How about something a little closer to Dallas? Galveston is about six hours from here, and most of us would be wiped out after a ride like that, and then have to ride back after the group ride. Remember, we don't have luxo barges like some of you guys, we still ride XS's and after four or five hours in an XS saddle, my butt is killing me. It seemed like the last XS Lite rally was more of a Valkirie rally than an XS rally. If I recall, there were only three XS's in the crowd.

Comment

Wayne,

The beach huh? That sounds good...we haven't been there!

So, okay, but there's gotta be babes there. There are, right? There's a beach...there's gotta be some beach babes? Yes?

Hey John,

Waynes in the Houston area, so anything he organizes is naturally going to be south.

It's tough to organize one 'O these things from a long distance.

If you (we) want one up here, we northern types (heh heh...a Texan...a northern type...LOL!) will have to organize one.

Ride on!
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Districts

Maybe, 'cause Texas is so big there should be four chapters. North, South, East, and West. The guys in West Texas, and Oklahoma are screwed. They are to far to even think of going to The Houston area.

Comment

Well, first off, I may be riding a Valk now, but Im still doing this for the XS11 group because I like this group and its a great bunch of people.
          During the fall (larger) rally we have many more XS11s show up.

All I can do is plan the events (twice a year), sort out the ride details, try to find hotels that are bike friendly, find decent (usually) places to eat, lead the way and invite the guys. The only thing I cant do is make em show up.

Second,
          Last year we did the Lite rally in the Lufkin/Nacagdoches area, before that we did a few in the huntsville area. Im trying to work this so we move around the state best I can. This is the first time I have ever planned a rally in my own area in the 5 years Ive been doing this.

I have planned a Satruday ride but most riders that come from farther away ride in friday, ride with us on saturday, and head home sunday, (which is what I have always done myself with most all of my other rallies).
          Lots of reasonable places to stay in galveston.

Third,
          John, if you plan a rally in the dallas area brother and I will do my best to be there.

OH, and Danny. YES BRO, there will be girls on the beach!!!

Comment

Galveston... now we are getting closer to home... I dont think i will be able to make it, but damn if i'm not going to try... Still have to get the house repaired after the hag came through and ripped off the porch (which got water in the house). I know Tonya had fun last time... so it probably wont be to hard to convince her. Still have to get some stuff on the bike fixed like a new tire.
            But we will see... Since i am doing a lot of the work myself.. i will be saving some money.

I will be keeping an eye on the fourms ...
            now off to sleep... work sucks but i need the bucks
            Shawn
            78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
            78 XS1100E Parts
            www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Wayne

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, but it just seems to me that most of the rallies are so far away from everybody. I have only been able to attend one of the last four rallies, as I either cannot get a three day weekend, or the rally is held too far away to be a comfortable ride. I attended this spring's rally, and my only complaint was that I had to ride over 400 miles on Saturday, what with the group ride, and then the return trip back to Ft.Worth. Now, after my accident, and surgery, I don't think I could handle that much time on the bike, so until we have a rally planned for N.Texas, I may not be able to attend any. I wish things were different, but they aren't. I truely enjoyed getting to meet and ride with the guys at the Lite rally, but I know I won't be able to ride any great distance in the near future, so I quess I'll just say it was nice meeting those who attended, and hope to be able to ride with y'all again sometime.

Comment

Well, I am still looking for an area for the Fall '06 Rally. Give me some ideas for good riding in the Great White North Texas. I'd be happy to have a rally up that way. I would just need some help from someone in that area scouting routes, hotels, camping, and dining.
                I have considered a rally in the Glen Rose area, I just dont know the area too well or if there is any pretty riding.

John,
                Hope you make a complete recovery soon.

Comment

Count me in!

I really don't care where we ride. I just want to ride with you guys and gals again!

Hey John, have you seen that trailer in a bag? You could easily and cheaply trailer "twilight2" to our next rally and still be fresh as a daisy. I would really like to ride with you again. I'm seriously thinking about getting one. Scorpion is not getting any younger and I fear there may be days where I will be 25 miles from home and she decides to take an unscheduled break!

Yeah my butt, and everything else, was sore on Friday night, after the hell we went through to get to Bandera, but boy was it worth it!

Anywhere, anytime..... did you say beach chicks? WooHoo! I'm so there....

greg
                  Gone but never Forgotten:
                  1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                  2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                  2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

TeXSive Lite

Just a suggestion if you don't decise to move the ride further north.
                    What about a old Light House run?
                    There are about 6 or 7 along the coast.
                    I know I know! the Texas coast is a long one!
                    Just something to consider maybe just including one on the path.
                    For me I just like to ride. Being with all you guys just adds to the fun and the experience.

Now if David and David can get thier bikes sorted out we will not have to remember to bring a Yamaha tow rope this time...
                    Sorry guys I could not resist....

Bottom line for me is I don't really have a preference where we ride as long as a few twisties are thrown in.
                    I already know the company will be great.

One other place to go would be the Blessing Hotel in Blessing Tx.
                    Great home style food all you can eat for I think $7.95.
                    mmm, mmm ,mmm!!!!
                    It is not far from the Nuclear plant so you could return home with a glow if not from all the good food but from the plant...

Just a few suggestions Wayne.
                    If you had other ideas that is fine with me...
                    Tinman
                    --------
                    XSTin
                    80SG

Comment

one of my Christmas presents was a set of ramps, now I am ready to truck the bike anywhere. Missed the last ride due to family and bike problems, both are looking good now, I'm looking forward to the spring and fall rides, where ever they are!!!!
                      82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
                      78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
                      74 Husky 400
                      70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

I'm in, bikes fine. Had a leaky float but fixed now.
                        There's always a way, figure it out.
                        78XS11E

Comment

If someone does come up with something for North Texas, I've got an XS and an XJ that will attend.. as well as a buddy on a Harley. He's not too proud.. he'll ride with anyone... just don't know if I wanna be seen with him!! lol.

Tod
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I can feel my aching butt already . But what the hell, it goes away (just seems to take longer). I will "pencil in" that date and start plottting my/our escape. Its kinda funny, my wife never really complains about the long rides on a rock hard seat, I guess after riding tail gunner on Nortons and Laverdas, the XS is a plush ride

Hey John, I like your idea of "sub chapters". There seems to enough of us up here to maybe warrant a "mini" XSessive Rally. I am easy for 2-300 mile swing in a weekend. Its tough For Wayne to please everyone cause Texas is so big, but the Bandera ride was great, despite some uncontrolable issues.

Now, where my map
                            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I'm quite new to the riding thing but I'm really looking forward to group rides. I must say checking out the babes on the beach aint a bad idea too! I will be following this thread and would love to attend. I could probably talk my girlfiend into going to! She might have her own bike by then too... Ya'll dont mind a crotch rocket in the ranks do ya?
                              Prescott

79' XS1100 SF

Other hobbie:
                              77 Blazer / rock crawler

Comment

Working...
                              X