No announcement yet.

M.o.m. 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pulled back into Tulsa. Bikes fine and so am I except for my nose.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Windburn?

Sunburn? You need some zinc oxide next time.

Glad you made it back without a breakdown or incident.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I just got a few pics. I always forget to take them.

Here's some of us in Leaky getting ready to go on a ride....

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

OK, first of all John I think you left a few steps out of how to change a fuse. Changing the box out is easier and faster. (hear that Greg?)

And Greg you left yourself wide open with the nose comment. Dont tell me you rode back without a helmet? You were already fried.

And I have to say rpgoerlich ( rick) is one of the nicest guys I ever met. Not sure what it would take to get him mad.

Its been a hell of a week, memphis on monday, back on wednesday, san antone on sat and the ride, then home on sunday. Then a KLR ride today....crap Im as tired as Greg feels!

Thanks John for the trip, and Greg, your just like I knew ya were.

( next time show me the map )
          Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
            OK, first of all John I think you left a few steps out of how to change a fuse. Changing the box out is easier and faster. (hear that Greg?)

And Greg you left yourself wide open with the nose comment. Dont tell me you rode back without a helmet? You were already fried.

And I have to say rpgoerlich ( rick) is one of the nicest guys I ever met. Not sure what it would take to get him mad.

Its been a hell of a week, memphis on monday, back on wednesday, san antone on sat and the ride, then home on sunday. Then a KLR ride today....crap Im as tired as Greg feels!

Thanks John for the trip, and Greg, your just like I knew ya were.

( next time show me the map )
            LOL...yeah your pretty much what I expected too Wayne, but I thought you'd look more like Johnny Cash or Elvis. You really need to get a haircut hillbilly.

OK, here's the procedure for diagnosing an inoperative headlight.

1) Someone in front of you says" Hey! Your headlight ain't workin". Verify by standing on your footpegs and looking over the fairing while riding...........verified.

2) Smack the right side cover because that's where the fuse panel is ( that works when the starter button doesn't work sometimes). Didn't come back on dammit!

3) wiggle all the wiring in behind the fairing at every stop light........still didn't come back on dammit!!!

4) repeate step #3. .......No light still dammit!!!!!!!!

5) Say loudly using many choice expletives #*^%@#@^%^% SCREW IT!!!! I'LL CHECK IT WHEN WE GET TO THE HOUSE!!!!

Chapter II, At the %&^$)#^^ house

1) Repeat steps 2 - 4. Still nothing.

2) Have a beer

3) visually check fuses.......look good. check fuses with dime store LED test light.....all check good.

4) Have a beer

5) Come to the realization that even though you really don't want to, you gotta take the seat and tank off to get to the headlight relay. (GRRRRRR)

6) Have a beer

7) After removing seat and tank, check for power to r/y wire to relay (good with the dime store tester) check continuity in bl/b wire through switch and headlight to ground. (good) Must be a bad headlight relay.

8) Have a beer

9) Jump r/y and bl/b wires. Headlight shuold come on with key. Still no light DAMMT!!!!! WTF?????

10) Have a beer.

11) Run jumper wire directly from battery + to bl/b wire........LIGHT ON!!!!! again WTF? Check power to r/y wire at plug again. (still checks good) Jump wires at plug again......still no stinkin' light WTF??

12) Have a beer

13) Run jumper wire directly to headlight fuse. Works on one end but not the other. Recheck fuse with dimestore LED tester. (still checks good)

14) Have a beer

15) Change the fuse because you can. (WTF?) SAN ANTONIO.......WE HAVE HEAD...........LIGHT. WOOHOO

16) Have several more beers to celebrate.

17) Reassemble bike you have disassenbled just to find out that a fuse element had dislocated from the metal contact end INSIDE just enough that it wouldn't light the headlight but still made enough contact to light your dimestore LED test light.

18) Go to bed amongst the ridicule and razzing because your still running the old glass fuse panel instead of the modern spade type replacement.

Moral of this story.............if your carrying around a dimestore LED test light..DUMP IT AND GET A GOOD ONE BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE YOU LOOK FOOLISH!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by BA80; 05-28-2012, 07:14 PM.
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Enjoyed meeting, seeing everyone and the ride as well. Thanks for everything John!
              I need to remember to take pictures.
              Turns out my 32gb sdhc card was crap. So the GoPro only caught the first leg of that straight away when we were behind the truck pulling the trailer.
              Got back to Katy Sunday around 6pm just as traffic was getting bad.

Here's a couple links to the guy on the side of the road with the camera:
              We started 3 rows from the bottom:
              5-26-2012cruiser__tourer&gallery_page=17

Wayne 5 rows down:
              05262012sport_bikes&gallery_page=4
              Last edited by rpgoerlich; 05-28-2012, 08:41 PM.
              Richard

Comment

You DID keep it within the speed limit on the way home, right Richard?
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Uhhh Yeh. No(more) Popo incidents!
                  Richard

Comment

This was all the video I got off the card:
                    http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=337.mp4
                    Richard

Comment

• Here is a short clip of the Popo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0LSMvaVmcQ&sns=em

I have another but youtube kicked it out for being too long.

John
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by rpgoerlich View Post
                        Enjoyed meeting, seeing everyone and the ride as well. Thanks for everything John!
                        I need to remember to take pictures.
                        Turns out my 32gb sdhc card was crap. So the GoPro only caught the first leg of that straight away when we were behind the truck pulling the trailer.
                        Got back to Katy Sunday around 6pm just as traffic was getting bad.

Here's a couple links to the guy on the side of the road with the camera:
                        We started 3 rows from the bottom:
                        5-26-2012cruiser__tourer&gallery_page=17

Wayne 5 rows down:
                        05262012sport_bikes&gallery_page=4
                        Hell I found everybody BUT Wayne in those pics Rich. I even ordered a couple of me. I like to look at me.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• I found me. But hell Greg you could have bought a fusebox if you werent so enamored with yourself.
                          Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

• Is it just the one pic? There's only one I see that could be you but I couldn't be sure.

NOBODY loves me like me.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X