Whos planning to come to MOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will do Greg!

And will ask for the unspoken story lurking behind that comment.

It was a long day today. We had wanted to replace Dylan's fork seals on his 400 because it failed to pass inspection the other day - they felt the slight film of oil on forks was TOO dangerous and could leak on the brakes.

My butt it could. There was no chance it was gonna do that but what can you do?

Anyway called all over Austin looking for some because I searched my garage in vain for the ones I had bought and never used on my old 400 before getting rid of it.

We sat around all afternoon waiting for heat to subside and just sipping beverages when I went to my truck, decided to empty fast food wrappers from the drive and what did I find but my new (old) fork seals!

So about 1900 we began pulling them apart and had fits with a nearly stripped allen bolt - got all back together by 2100 and quit for the night. Dylan was quite happy that this did not get put off and I was glad Keoki was there to mastermind it since I've never done it. Can't say that now.

John & Kat were almost there but I had promised sis to meet her for a movie so we will meet everyone else in am.

Whew. I am as tired typing as y'all are reading!

night.

John

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Made it home

about 13 shades of red darker than I was when we left... lol

Had a GREAT time!
      Thanks SO much to Keoki for the awesome hospitality!

and it was SOOOOO good to see everyone again and meet some new faces!

John, it was a pleasure to meet you and your son!
      It's always exciting to see them start young and develop an appreciation for these bikes... and I ended up getting 46 MPG on the ride to breakfast this morning thanks to "Little Ranger".
      I developed an added appreciation for his bike too.
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Home and unpacked...

We are home now too and unloaded finally - WOW what fun...great to meet all..Kat and John, Pat (Incubus) and his wife and son, Hippy Dave and wife Cindy, and our host Keoki and his wife were awesome hosts - nice garage, plenty of shade, refreshments, food, good riding - and I did get a little redder too

Kat thanks and I will pass on to Dylan the magical mileage properties riding with an XS400 can bring to the group

Keoki your assistance on the forks was invaluable and we had fun.

Here's a couple more pics...

Nice stopping point right by the beach volleyball court!

Trikes!

Keoki's backup ride!

John's bagger...

Kat's ride...

Incubus...

Pat's son Terrance's Shadow...

Chillin in the garage..

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Not many pics of the peeps.

Kat, when are you gonna paint those side covers?

Get some good pics from Colorado John. Wish I could go.

Have a safe trip!!!!!
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I didn't take them

I didn't take them cuz Kat and Cindy took tons! You gotta wait for them to post up the people pics...my hands were full.

John

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              Kat, when are you gonna paint those side covers?
              Paint them? What.. you don't like the sun faded look?

Still looking for a suitable match... and some time to do it. Both are rather scarce at this time...

Ever get that bike of yours polished? or is that spot I polished at the MoM last year still the cleanest part on there?
              lol

again

John - that is one of the BEST pics of my bike! She looks CLEAN! Now I need to actually get her that way...
              lol

I'll post more pics when I get some time... Today, it's band stuff and plumbing (developed a hot water leak just before we left... fun fun fun)
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                Ever get that bike of yours polished? or is that spot I polished at the MoM last year still the cleanest part on there?
                lol
                Polished! Naw, I just crammed another cleaner engine in there. Easier than polishing.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Polished! Naw, I just crammed another cleaner engine in there. Easier than polishing.
                  LOL

DEFINITELY less time consuming...
                  81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Here's the latest pics Kat...........

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Nice job!

She's looking really good!

I was looking at the pic of the seat and thought... "that looks pretty comfortable" and then realized "huh, it looks like a skunk tail"
                      lol

It actually looks decent. I usually don't care for that style of seat... but I can certainly see where it would be a good thing to have the passenger backrest that high... the stripe doesn't look bad either.
                      Is it pretty comfortable for both rider and passenger?

and yep... ya dun good with her
                      81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

That's a 79 special seat. The "skunk stripe" was my upholsterer buddy's idea. It's suede with a snakskin pattern. It sucks.

The pattern is almost all faded away and when it gets wet it's like sitting on a sponge.

He has been informed that it WILL be corrected SOON!!!! LOL
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Got a real easy fix for that, Greg, still sittin' in my garage.
                          XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
                          -- Jack Burton

Comment

Heh heh Still broke though Kit. Even more now because I made a deal to buy another SG and I'm trying to scrape up the cash for that.

You certain we can't do some trading?

Need another kid? LOL

Go ahead and sell it if you need. he!!, just the shipping would break me right now.

Welcome to ...........well, I can't say it here.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I'm open to trading, there just isn't anything major I need to do at this point. More like lots of little stuff. I suppose it doesn't necessarily have to be bike stuff, so who knows, make me an offer.

But no, I don't need a kid. This is a child-free zone here, and it's going to stay that way.
                              XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
                              -- Jack Burton

Comment

Working...
                              X