Whos planning to come to MOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos planning to come to MOM?

Whilst its still a few weeks away, whos all planning to attend? Knowing how many will give time to stock up on "needed" supplies. Remember, this is the R.O.T. Rally weekend also so hotels/motels are gonna fill up fast.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

My son and I are coming and staying at my sisters house. Bringing Great Ranger and Little Ranger.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Mouchyn(s) will attend

SWMBO and I are planning on going. She is still battling illness after illness, so she is a definite maybe!

She on Rosie, and me on the Scorpion.

Bagger stays home!
      Gone but never Forgotten:
      1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
      2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
      2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

John and I will be coming in Friday evening.
        See y'all then!
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by skippy344 View Post
          SWMBO and I are planning on going. She is still battling illness after illness, so she is a definite maybe!

She on Rosie, and me on the Scorpion.

Bagger stays home!
          Geez, I thought you guys had left the country. Looking foward to seeing ya.

Comment

SWMBO and I will make an appearance. Since for us it is a ride across town, no prearrangements will be necessary. Or, more likely, a drive around town. FH 973 should be a nice ride around the east end of Austin.

Work will eat up Friday, but what's the plan for Saturday?

Patrick
            The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
            1969 Yamaha DT1B
            Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Originally posted by Incubus View Post
              SWMBO and I will make an appearance. Since for us it is a ride across town, no prearrangements will be necessary. Or, more likely, a drive around town. FH 973 should be a nice ride around the east end of Austin.

Work will eat up Friday, but what's the plan for Saturday?

Patrick
              Saturday will be a "plan on the fly" depending on what work is left to do, everyones attitude and the temps, suppose to be hot. I had planned riding to Lukenbach (about 140 miles round trip) but that may be scrapped 'cause of heat, leftover work or both. BUT!!! Being the last weekend of the R.O.T. Rally, cruising downtown could be a viable option to view the wildlife. Slated for Saturday evening, are drag races. My buddy has thrown down the glove and challenged me. I am confident I have the upper hand. My traveling sprinkler is running in the 60's (minutes) down the side yard. His sprinkler is real old school and overweight. Yes, you heard it right, lawn sprinkler drag races. Should be a great time to cheer on your favorite and down some beverages.

Comment

5/8 vs 3/4

maybe you need to try a smaller hose - 5/8 vs std 3/4 and see if towing a smaller hose speeds the sprinkler - you lose some volume though...

can we graphite the wheels of the sprinkler to eliminate drag?

john

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Got room for one more? I am trying to get the bike road legal today. It would sure be nice to see everyone again.
                  United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                  If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                  "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                  "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                  Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyMan View Post
                    Got room for one more? I am trying to get the bike road legal today. It would sure be nice to see everyone again.
                    "Come on down"!!!!!! Plenty of room left.

Comment

Alright WonderBoy!!!

Let us know if you want to ride down with us... and if you don't get yours going in time... you can always ride on the back of my bike (or John's bike, but I'm more fun to hold on to... well... not for me)
                      lol
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Well, I got the bike legal today. She runs AMAZING! I just need to work out a few logistics for my trip to NYC before I leave. Thanks KAT, I need to find out what time I can leave on friday. Looking forward to it.
                        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                        Acta Non Verba

Comment

Welcome to MOM!

Come on down!

Keoki's bike fully dressed and ready to ride...

John

Comment

more MOM pics

Here's a couple more -

Dylan resting in the shade with his XS400 after pressure wash and oil change..

Keoki's bike again...

Great Ranger after sealing the leaky CCT, installing new carb manifold boots and re-installing the stock airbox with a couple mods (5 holes in bottom center for increased airflow to the K&N, top center bracket cutdown to ease re-install, snorkel removed.

John

Comment

Say hello to everyone for me John. Give Kat a hug for me and tell Keoki to check his pickup coil wires and cam plugs BEFORE he takes off and rides.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X