No announcement yet.

Cassoday KS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel that. Looks like everyone is canceling from my end because of rain.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Wussies.....

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Well, I went there for a couple hours, then it clouded up and I decided to go, since I didn't have any rain gear.

I will try and get the few pics I got up soon.

Comment

Tell me a story!! A lot of bikes? Worth going to?

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100

Comment

Russ and I did not wuss out (like Vince). We took a nice scenic tour of Kansas on the way. Managed to get there as things seemed to be wrapping up. We walked around for a while and then headed out again. It was a beautiful day for a ride. No rain at all and the sun broke out a few times. Ended up doing a little over 400 miles.
            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I have only been once (this July). lots of bikes. Dyno machine, vendors, etc. I believe October is the last run of the year. As it turned out, SWBAM didn't want to ride in rain, so we didn't go and it turned out to be nice. Just got my seat redone and was needing a decent ride to test it out. On a 100 mile trip, it seemed to be pretty good, even though the last 50 was in a downpour Sat night. If you KC guys want to get something together around here on a Sat or Sun., let me know.

Oh, and things generally wrap up around noon or so. It used to be called a breakfast ride, but I think the little cafe has closed in the last couple of years.
              Yamaniac
              '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
              '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
              '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
              '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
              '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Tod, Heres yer story

These are the pics I took. Not the greatest quality, the cell phone is kinda rough.

I was pretty impressed. The town isn't much bigger than an ant hill, but there were probably 4000 bikes there, if I were to guess. Lots of vendors, and lots of concession stands. It was like the county fair for bikers. Wasn't a lot of wild stuff going on, like I have heard about at other biking events. Lots of bikes of every fashion. I pulled in by a XS 650, probably a 78 or 79. It looked very close to the same as my bike, even the color. I wish I had gotten to talk to the owner, but I never saw him.

I had a "Big Porker" sandwich, which would have been a lot better on fresh bread, and with a bit of BBQ sauce, but it was huge. I am guessing it had 1.5 pounds of bbq'd pork on it. Bought a do-rag and a set of cheap goggles. All up I spent less than $30, including fuel.

Was pretty cool to see the vendor selling patches and offering to sew them on free with his treadle sewing machine. He looked tough and gnarly, but you could tell he was enjoying it.

I will probably go next month as well, hopefully have a few c notes along so I can pick up some leather.

Hopefully I can meet up with a few more XS drivers next time.

Comment

Everybody else angle parked really nicely... who was the guy on the Yamaha taking up three spaces??

Tod

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100

Comment

I think that was the 650, he moved then left. Must be my deodorant. I tried to get a pic of the two XSs beside wach other, but there was a Victory parked close with a bunch of wannabees drooling over it and blocking my photo op. >

Comment

Looks like, weather permitting, I am headed back on the 5th of October.

Maybe I will see some of you there.....

Comment

Cassoday

Pretty sure I saw your bike down there today Ivan, parked on the main drag. But I didn't ever see anybody around it. There was 80 or 81 special with a windshield and Harvey Co. plates, so a logical guess would tell me that is yours. Look forward to meeting you next weekend.

I was parked out SSW of the Dyno machine, right up by the road.

That wind today was a Mother, wasn't it?
                        Yamaniac
                        '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                        '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                        '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                        '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                        '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Well, I actually didn't make it.

Had some bad luck

My plate, now that I have it back , is a Reno County plate.

As far as next weekend, I have another double edged sword to deal with. They just put us on three day work weeks, because of the Boeing Strike filtering down to the small shops. One edge says I have the time, the other says the money isn't there. Maybe the unemployment check will come by then.

Hope to make it though. I really do.

Comment

Looks like I am meeting Russ and Harry there at about 10 am. Maybe some of the guys from work are going, and I believe Trainzz is as well. Anyone else from the area that wants to meet up let me know.

Comment

I'm there

Count me in. The sunburn has faded, gotta new do-rag. Hey Ivan, you have Scott's phone number. Give him a call and invite him to come along. Tell him I won't ask for a rematch. (evil grin). May drag my neighbor with his new Ultra. He can ride in the back.
                              Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
                              1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
                              1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

I am in. Weather forecast for sunday in Cassoday is 92 degrees.
                                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                                '82 XJ1100
                                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                                X