No announcement yet.

Any Plans for TeXSive Spring Ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As it turned out I had to work today, couldn't make the ride through the Bluebonnets.... next weekend I got to get tires for the beast (the VN2000) and the following weekend is the TMRA State Rally in Camp Wood, TX., I am the president of the local Vulcan Riders Association, and the First Officer of the Two Lane Road Riders Association, as well as a member of several others, including the Southern Cruisers, so I kinda got to go to Camp Wood... it'll be fun though...
    I really do like to ride....
    Well, I'll keep checking to see if a Spring TeXSive ride is going to happen.
    Ride Safe!
    DT
    "DuctTape"

- XS1100E (Project: Has a long way to go)
    - 2008 Honda Goldwing GL1800P
    Two Lane Road Riders Association
    Southern Cruisers
    TMRA, TxCOC, etc....

Comment

A very nice ride; twelve bikes showed up, 2 were XJ's, the rest were Honda's, a Gold Wing and a Spirit, a Yamaha, a Kawasaki, a Triumph. a Ducati, and two HD's.

The weather held...it was cloudy and sunny at times, and only a brief (2 minutes) of rain as we headed back to Houston. The wild flowers were a bloom'in.

The ride was fun, and I feel terrible that Dean and his partner got seperate from the group. I'll call them at work today and see how this happened.

It's a great way to start the Spring season; riding motorcycles.
      '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
      Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
      '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
      Stan Hutchison

Comment

.......Arknasas......
        If there are some wanting to do a Arkansas ride I am all for it. I can think of 2 XSers close to me here in Fayetteville. And i think there are some down in Ft. Smith I can do Oklahoma and Texas too.

I just want to ride my Motorcycle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy8FDjSGmwQ

-GENIUSLOERTS
        1979 XS1100 SF "Black Goblin"
        -Pod Filters
        -4-1 pipe
        -larger jets for carbs
        1982 XJ1100 "Black Sheep"

Comment

Spring Rally

Presently, Wilkat and I are hosting the Second Annual Meeting O' the Minds (MoM) in June, so we haven't given any thought to a Spring ride. Next year however, we may try to combine the MoM and a Spring ride then. The Granbury, Texas ride that was scheduled for last spring would be feasible in the future, as that is only 70 miles or so from my house.
          The details could be worked out later if there is enough interest.

Comment

Would like to see something closer to Oklahoma. I don't know if my old bike could handle a run all the way to Brenham. Any of you oklahoma boy's want to set up a run of our own?
            "Don't cry over the mistakes you have made. Just dread the ones you will make in the future."

78 xs1100 standard or special unknown. Since 2007
            Eaglechaser

Comment

Working...
            X