Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Plans for TeXSive Spring Ride?

Hello Folks,

Are there any plans for a Spring 2008 TeXSive ride?

greg
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Yeah, what he said!!
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Spring Ride

I will not be able to make the rally at John and Kats. But I would sure like to make a ride before then.
      '82 XJ1100
      '07 Harley Nightster (SWMBO'S)

Comment

I posted about this in the forum a while back and got zilch for replies. It seems to be too much to plan for most with John and Kat's get together and everyone still kind of waiting on word for a Bob Jones memorial ride.

I, on the other hand, am up for a ride just about any time, though it would help to have a running bike I suppose.. lol. The more the merrier, but if it just ends up being the regular outcasts... that would still be fun to me. Hopefully nobody shows up on a $#&* Bussa though!

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Wasn't there talk about doing the Bob Jones' memorial ride as the Spring ride?
          Maybe it's just me...

Now that the kids are older... we maybe could make a ride... I hope...

Tod, your bike always seems to be running at the right times for the rallies... not any other time... but at least for the rallies...

Busa? no Busas! He's going to have to ride an XS... just like the rest of us... Wait... he doesn't ride an XS like the rest of us either...
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

So if not a TeXSive ride.... Arkansas anyone?? (XS just doesn't fit into that word.. lol) Preferably with a couple days to kill. One for relaxing a bit and sightseeing... the other for some riding.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

Wel.... that seemed to be a thread killer! lol.

Crap.. I just want to meet somewhere.... anywhere!?!? (Ummmm... just as soon as my bike is running... lol)

Tod

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100

Comment

I would love to meet up with you all but I am not sure if I can away from work this spring. Choosing a date would help.
                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                '82 XJ1100
                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I was hoping to see a ride date posted for TeXSive. I still don't have the 2nd XS rebuilt, but I do have a running bike to make the ride on. I'll just keep checking.
                  I madee the mistake of telling 2 of my brothers about the nickname that I was dubbed with back at the 06 spring ride (DuctTape, due to my saddlebag cover falling off and Skippy loaning me some Ducttape to hold it on 'til I got home... and just why did he have ducttape...... actually I carry it now too....)
                  Anyway, I'll just keep checking for ride info.
                  Ride Safe!
                  Rich ( "DuctTape")
                  "DuctTape"

- XS1100E (Project: Has a long way to go)
                  - 2008 Honda Goldwing GL1800P
                  Two Lane Road Riders Association
                  Southern Cruisers
                  TMRA, TxCOC, etc....

Comment

TEXSive Spring Ride 08

Well guys looks like someone is going to have to step up to the plate. Wayne no longer has a bike and with the new addition due about the same time we normally have the spring ride.

Either that or combine the ride like y'all did for the fall ride.
                    Just a suggestion though for a Tex ride would be to ride the Texas mountains. Big Bend? Or just go back to the boring Hill Country. NOT!!!

Come on Skippy! Step up there Bud!!!...;-)
                    Tinman
                    --------
                    XSTin
                    80SG

Comment

Bluebonnet Trail Ride Brenham, TX

Okay...I can't stand to hear grown men cry any longer.

Here's a day trip I'm planning for some of my MC friends the end of March; Any TeXSive riders interested?

It’s springtime and it’s time to ride. My trusty Indian scout Steve-Who-Repairs-Washing Machines says the bluebonnets are blooming around the Navasota-College Station area.

When
                      Saturday, March 29, 2008, 8:00 A.M.

The Deer Park / Pasadena riders will meet at the Clearpoint Church parking lot at 8:00 for pictures and the pre-ride instructions. Kickstands are up at 8:20. http://clearpoint.org/home

All you riders around the state of Texas can meet us in Brenham for lunch, or somewhere along our route. My route plans: http://www.mapquest.com/mq/2-40J3

Lunch
                      Lunch is at 11:30, in Brenham, TX at Big Daddy’s BBQ. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ham_Texas.html

Where
                      Brenham, TX - Washington County
                      After Lunch, we’ll ride north to Lake Summerville and then south east; looking for wild flowers. The wild flower haven web site has a route which looks promising. http://www.wildflowerhaven.com/routes.aspx The ride is approx. 80 miles, 2 hours. Here’s a Map Quest link with a proposed route http://www.mapquest.com/mq/5-F1qcm4bO

The ride ends at Chappell Hill, TX. and we head for home around 3:00 P.M.

Weather
                      Looks good on the 10 Day forecast. Mid 70F, 10% rain.

Contact Info
                      Stan Hutchison, email stanford.l.hutchison@nasa.gov, stan@hutchgroup.org, or cell phone 713-306-3494.

I hope to see ya on the ride. Stan
                      '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
                      Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
                      '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
                      Stan Hutchison

Comment

Anyone from San Antonio or Austin (or anywhere near there) going on this one?
                        "DuctTape"

- XS1100E (Project: Has a long way to go)
                        - 2008 Honda Goldwing GL1800P
                        Two Lane Road Riders Association
                        Southern Cruisers
                        TMRA, TxCOC, etc....

Comment

Mouchyn or Mouchyns will attend!

Hello Folks,

I and or my bride will attend. I may bring my neighbor with me.

I will be riding Kermit the Peace Frog.

Sadly, Busa Dave and Cindy will not attend. They have already committed to a racing event. They send their best wishes and will ride with us real soon.

greg
                          Gone but never Forgotten:
                          1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                          2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                          2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I was wondering if any XS'ers were showing up. I know of at least 7 bikes in my group leaving from Houston, and there might be more. I know the bluebonnets are blooming, and we're ready to ride. See ya in Brenham.
                            '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
                            Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
                            '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
                            Stan Hutchison

Comment

Sadley I am saddled with a full blown inventory this weekend. On top of that, my planned attendance to the Meeting of the Minds rally has been shot down. Seems that is the week of "college orientation" for Jessie. Will be making a run up to Fort Collins to see where all my disposeable (and the majority of the rest) income will be going. My FJR has gone up in a puff of tuition, books, housing, insurance and Prozak.

I have been scoping out my maps though. Thinkin 'bout organizing a spring run.
                              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
                              X