No announcement yet.

TeXSive Spring Ride: Who's-a-comin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be honest...the only reason you trembled in my presence is you had to look at this ugly mug!

Seriously here's some shots I got of the rally you might like:

Bohn (left) Miles (right) and the High Priest of Temple Eleven

The Organizer and HIS boss

The Rider Writer in front of my 747 Cockpit

Comment

Re: Mouchyns are home

Originally posted by skippy344
      We got home about 2:15pm, with no incidents... Well, of course we won't talk about Dave's brake problem in Palastine...

We had a wonderful time with all of our XSive brothers and sisters! Thanks for the great weekend.

Hippie Dave and Keoke also called me and said that they made it home OK.

Sounds like we may be making a trip to Austin...

greg & Lynda
      Glad to hear you made it home well!!!

also........ get some info to Dave if you can, I found a good picture of the offending part that was my brake problem years ago..... it can be found below the master cylinder on the shaft that operates the cylinder...... it ends up getting cocked sideways and sticks the shaft not letting it release the brake. I did get a chance to tell Dave to look for it but, I had a hard time explaining what it looks like. The only thing I could think of was "conical seal" hope I helped. Mine was removed in 98 and hasn't been a problem since!

maybe that'll be the culprit....
      Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
      S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
      1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

picture post

Killough Monument

XSives in training

my street full

Thanks all
        1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Originally posted by MAXIMAN
          The Organizer and HIS boss

Well, at least you can see I still have the XS hat and t-shirt.
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Anybody get a good mileage on our run?

we slaughtered 200 miles I believe

Nice job flying by the seat of your pants Wayne, I liked the detour.
            1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

My Dad's bike read 500 all said and done once we got home. That includes the trip down there and back. I don't know how much the ride actually was. BTW: I just checked my mileage right at 45 with the no ethanol gas. I wonder what it would jump to if I put the 750 Fd on? I like it how it is right now.
              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
              Acta Non Verba

Comment

rally gas

I still have rally gas in my tank too. Is the non-ethanol stuff we got better for mileage than your local swill?

I am sitting at 98 no light even with a few small twists of throttle hand at the end.

I just did the math (82 miles showing and filled up with 1.75 gal) and I got about 46 on the ride ... because we didn't run 70 everywhere(I guess)
                1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

We made it home Okay Stan and Steve dropped me off at my place at 11:30PM. Great ride, Thanks Wayne . Met some really nice people and will see you again next year, lord willing. Fewer 25 MI stops would help with timing, back by 4:00PM!
                  Dell82
                  Dell82
                  Houston, TX
                  82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
                  SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
                  SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
                  SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Comment

yes, the non ethanol stuff has more energy per unit volume, thus better milage. I get 6mpg or soo less running 10% ethanol. Night and day difference. I was getting 45mpg with all of that wide open throttle 120mph stuff.
                    Acta Non Verba

Comment

• I was getting 45mpg with all of that wide open throttle 120mph stuff.

What 120mph stuff? Is that on the way up past it... or on the way back down? Dave was letting off at 120... as we flew by if you remember! lol.

Pffffttt.. 43 and 46 mpg??? I'm tellin' you.... you guys need to add a little weight to your back-sides and get some mileage comparable to the rest of us, ya skinny azzes... Between me and my fairing... I don't think my bike would get 46 rolling down a hill idling..... not that I've ever been really able to do that to see! *Evil grin.... lol.

Tod

P.S. Has anyone heard from Bob Jones since he peeled off from the pack? His bike was running poorly at higher rpm... just making sure he made it home. Seems someone should thank him for showing up. I hope he wasn't embarrassed... these things are 25-30 years old and mechanical... things go wrong. Otherwise.. we wouldn't have anything to talk about in the forum!
                      Last edited by trbig; 04-30-2007, 04:58 PM.
                      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100
                      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• I seem to remember still accelerating when I went past you too You guys definitely had me in the mid range stuff. Next time we see Dave I hope his throttle is working properly so we can really see what he can do. Maby Kat will bring the other bike so that she can shut us up for a while. Maybe if my side bags went on there I would be going a little faster because of less drag. If I get that wobble fixed that will really put me over the top. My dad got home late today and when I picked him up from the airport he was still talking about the rally. I know that we both had a lot of fun. Even on the way home. At least we didn't get pulled over like we did the last time on the way back. It was nice and chilly but at least I was warm. My dad had that 3/4 open face helmet. I just got a few lawn jobs because of all this rain and I think I am going to look at some full face helmets. That would be a nice surprise.
                        Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

I told you... my poor bike was hauling TWO of you with me on it.. plus pushing that full fairing! Oh well... ya had me fair and square. Let's see... with this 750 final drive doing almost 135 in 4th gear... I wonder if one more size up on mains would give me enough "oomph" to push 5th up into the red??? Or if it would just make it too rich. I do kind of like my pipes not getting blue... Maybe I could try it a bit and if they start turning... put the other ones back in.

On the other hand.... lol. Who needs to go 140 on a 25+ year old bike?!? *Another evil grin....*

Tod
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• I do!! I do!! I do!!!

Who needs to go 140 on a 25+ year old bike?!?
                            Okay... maybe not as FREQUENTLY as SOME people...

You know... we need to have one good send off for Wonderboy there since he will be having some MAJOR XS withdrawals during his time at school...

I still think we need to get together in June for the Christian Classic Cruisers meet... What do you think HobbyMan?
                            81 SH Something Special
                            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

• I have sent an email to Bob on his website telling him thanks for joining us and that we hope he made it home ok. I will let you all know when I hear back from him.
                              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                              The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by HobbyMan
                                [B If I get that wobble fixed that will really put me over the top.

I thought I had fixed mine, reared its ugly head at 117, pucker mark in seat now. Little front brake application stopped wobble. I guess its time to "freshen" the suspension and head bearings. I dont think the fairing/bag package is doing much to help the problem. I don't expect a full bagger to run with the naked bikes but I knew there was more to be rung out of her.
                                When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
                                X