No announcement yet.

Oregon Vintage Rally, Benton Co. Fairgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 19 & 20: Corvallis Ride, Show and Swap Meet. Saturday Ride, 12:00pm, Benton County Fairgrounds, Corvallis, OR. Sunday, May 20, Show & Swap Meet, Featured Marque: Royal Enfield. Benton County Fairgrounds, Corvallis, OR. Contact: triu64@msn.com.
    Just found this on the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle web site. I plan to attend both days.
    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Guess i should see about camping. I can't afford the hotel like last year.
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

I hope it's a little warmer than last year.I about froze coming over the mountains that morning.Looking forward to seeing all of you again. Terry
        1980 special (Phyllis)
        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Ok mabee we should start a poll.Who's going?Good weather I'm there cold icky and rain I'm not
          1980 special (Phyllis)
          1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

It's looking like i may have to just ride down on Sunday. Shame, cause i would like to go on the ride Saturday. What time you think you will be there Terry, and which way are you coming?
            Last edited by XS1100 Newbie; 05-10-2012, 09:15 AM.
            1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

Weather is not looking good, but the weather man gets paid to fool us.
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

I like to go by way of Sweethome because it's a fun ride but if you want to meet up I can change my route.
                1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

Weather is looking good, and it looks like there is a possibility that i can go down Saturday, and spend the night. Yahoo!!!
                  1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Me and Pete will be there Saturday, I'll be around Sunday as well. Pete will be on a GL 1100 and I on my Mighty Special. Looking forward to seeing a XSellent delegation at OVM!
                    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

You two going on the Saturday ride?
                      1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

That is our plan. We did that last year. I hope they run us up into the coast range this time. Covered bridges all started looking alike after a while. Section line roads on flat land are less than intriguing as well.
                        The ride was a good time. There was a guy on a Guzzi who just couldn't stand to be passed by an old Jap bike, but we finally were able to shake loose of him. I enjoy the sound of all the old machines.

Comment

I'll be there Saturday for the ride. Leaving about 8:30 AM. I am spending the night again in comfort. The wife had enough points for the hotel again. (she is good for something) LOL. See you all Saturday or Sunday. Terry, the weather looks good. Should be about 50 degrees coming over the top, depending on your time.
                          1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Saturday was a good ride. Rode from Battle Ground to Corvallis, the went on the OVM ride with about 80 to 100 other mostly vintage bikes. Poprock, and his buddy Pete were there as well. Sunday it decided to rain. We hung around till after noon sometime, and the rain quit. The show and swap was probably not as good as if the sun was out, but it was good. We were the only XS1100's there. There were a couple of 650's. and one 850 that was for sale. It was clean, and only like 4200 original miles on it. Lots of nice bikes. I will go again next year. Guess Terry decided the weather was not good enough, that's ok Terry, i will collect that beer. LOL
                            1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

What Newbie said. Me and Pete left Tillamook on 101, then picked up 22 to Salem. After overnighting at a campground at Turner, we were the first to arrive at the Fairgrounds. Official people were there shortly. It was enjoyable watching the weigh-in for the Vintage Tractor Pull next door, and watching and listening as the vintage bikes (& bikers) began to show up. Newbie got there pretty quick too. One other guy on a XS11 Special dropped in on Saturday riding a gorgeous maroon one. He's had it a very long time.
                              Weather was perfect on Saturday and a good time was had by all except a couple guys who experienced target fixation episodes on the ride. No injuries to other than pride.
                              Sunday the show and swap were both well populated, but I'm sure the weather kept some away. OVMA did a terrific job with the whole event and much amazing machinery was present. It was worth the trip, IMO. Pete left Saturday evening, and on Sunday I came home via Rt. 20 and 101. It was tough work, but somebody had to do it.
                              Next big deal I know about is the Oyster Run at Anacortes WA the last Sunday of September. Talk about sensory overload!
                              Last edited by Poprock; 05-21-2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: add content

Comment

Sorry Guys I wussed out.I promised my nephew when he got back from Iraq I would help him work on the XS 850 he bought.He was able to get away last weekend so I stayed home and worked on his bike.All the usual stuff,brakes,carbs,cables,valves,plus a little elbow grease,steel wool,chrome polish and rubbing compound and he was very pleased.It looked like a different bike and runs great.I was sorry I missed the show but seeing the look on his face when we were done was worth the trouble.I guess I'll have to hook up with you guys this summer.Bob I haven't forgot about that beer I owe you. Terry
                                1980 special (Phyllis)

Comment

Working...
                                X