Oregon Vintage Rally, Benton Co. Fairgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Vintage Rally, Benton Co. Fairgrounds

I attended the Oregon Vintage Bike Rally at Corvallis last spring. Can't find any info about it on the web. Anyone have any info on this event? Thanks for sharing if you do.
    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Here's a link to their site. http://www.oregonvintage.org/

With the the move and all the remodeling work ahead of me, I doubt I'll make it...

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Looks like they don't have it set up yet. I would like to go again as well.
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Hi, Newbie. How you doing? If you ever head toward the coast, be sure and give me a heads up. I liked that rally. Hope someone gets it together. If not it's time for a PNW XS11 thing.
        1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

I'll be there, for the show on sunday that is.

Larry
          Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
          82 XJ1100
          80 XS1100G (Project bike)
          64 Yamaha YA-6
          77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
          See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

keep me posted when it is guys... I'll throw the little woman on the back and we'll come down and meet up with you guys.. I have family in Albany so I could use the day for double duty
            Don
            1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
            1989 kawi ex500
            1996 yzf-r6
            1999 yzf-r1
            2001 kawi zx-6r
            2000 Ducati 748
            2002 YZF-R1
            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
              Looks like they don't have it set up yet. I would like to go again as well.
              Need the weather to straighten out so we can get the bikes out and meet up some where... If your going down for this thing let me know we'll meet up and cruise down together
              Don
              1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
              1989 kawi ex500
              1996 yzf-r6
              1999 yzf-r1
              2001 kawi zx-6r
              2000 Ducati 748
              2002 YZF-R1
              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I was out for a few hours on Friday.
                1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                A quick death and an easy one.
                A pretty girl and an honest one.
                A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                  I was out for a few hours on Friday.
                  I rode to work last Thursday. I had to mow the yard Friday after work so I had to come straight home. I have a tendency to wander about after work when I ride a bike to work
                  Don

old:
                  1989 kawi ex500
                  1996 yzf-r6
                  1999 yzf-r1
                  2001 kawi zx-6r
                  2000 Ducati 748
                  2002 YZF-R1
                  2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

i was out that thurs and fri when i cracked my piston
                    80sg (currently getting motor swap)

Comment

Originally posted by NathanP View Post
                      i was out that thurs and fri when i cracked my piston
                      is that what the oil in the carb and what not ended up being? that sucks buddy!
                      Don

old:
                      1989 kawi ex500
                      1996 yzf-r6
                      1999 yzf-r1
                      2001 kawi zx-6r
                      2000 Ducati 748
                      2002 YZF-R1
                      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

yeah 98% sure 0 psi on #3 bummer

Comment

Originally posted by NathanP View Post
                          yeah 98% sure 0 psi on #3 bummer
                          well if there's anything I can do to help from down here let me know buddy. Your not that far away
                          Don

old:
                          1989 kawi ex500
                          1996 yzf-r6
                          1999 yzf-r1
                          2001 kawi zx-6r
                          2000 Ducati 748
                          2002 YZF-R1
                          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

well i got a motor from a 78 so im going to swap motors ill keep you guys posted on that we will see

Comment

good luck man... if the weather up north is anything like its been down here you got LOTS of time!
                              Don

old:
                              1989 kawi ex500
                              1996 yzf-r6
                              1999 yzf-r1
                              2001 kawi zx-6r
                              2000 Ducati 748
                              2002 YZF-R1
                              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
                              X