Spring Opener Rally in Portland - March 30, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Ride

Hey Denny!! I think I'll be heading down on Sat for the spring opener rally prob around 3 or so, if that sounds like a good time for you let me know, it would be great to all go down together..

Comment

Countdown reminder

Hey all - This spring opener is just a few days away so I wanted to post up here and see who is planning on making it to Portland. I just sat through the weather report and they have Sunday marked as dry so chances are that it should be a good day for a ride. I will post weather updates here if I see anything change. The ride starts at 11:00am with registration opening at 10:00. I would be up for breakfast if anyone wants to meet around 9:00 am. Let me know and I can pick a spot that is easy to find. As far as after-rally events. I am still open to hosting something in the afternoon - early dinner/BBQ before folks head their separate ways. If anyone is interested, email me at jlsells@gmail.com and I will send you my phone number. Between me and a couple of buddies in Portland, there will be at least 3 XS's on Sunday. We hope to see the rest of you real soon!!

Take care -
      Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
      2002 Ducati ST4S
      2012 BMW F800R
      1981 Suzuki GS450E
      1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Jeremy,
        The weather is bouncing all over the place up here! Right now it is snowing in Tacoma and has been for over 2 hours. The last weather report I seen states rain ending on Saturday with maybe rain on Sunday.

So watching it to see.
        Dave
        1978 XS1100E
        Tacoma, WA.

Comment

I know that the weather folks can be fairly unreliable but here is what we are seeing for a Portland forecast for Sunday. We had some snow/rain yesterday with some mid-day temps in the 30's! Crazy for late March. Anyhow, I'll be there, hope to see some others.

Take care -

Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
          2002 Ducati ST4S
          2012 BMW F800R
          1981 Suzuki GS450E
          1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Meri and I are not going to make the trip. Weather and some other stuff will keep me away from this one.
            DZ
            Vyger, 'F'
            "The Special", 'SF'
            '08 FJR1300

Comment

Jeremy,

You be the man if you go out in the snow this week-end.

I won't be down.

Have a great time. You riding #2 or #1.

Figure out the oil leak?

Jeff
              Jeff Korn
              Original Owner 79XS1100 E
              Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Well - it looks like it is just going to be me and my brother on his Beemer today. The weather is actually giving us a break this morning but who knows how long that will last. With the rally being only 80 miles, if things get real wet, at least I won't have to endure too long in it.

Jeff - the oil leak on the Standard was coming from the starter o-ring. Got it all sealed up with a new o-ring so things should be dry. I will be on my Special today as I am looking to try out this new Givi fairing that I got for my birthday. I will take some pics and post it up soon.

Take care all, you will be missed
                Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
                2002 Ducati ST4S
                2012 BMW F800R
                1981 Suzuki GS450E
                1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Well - I made it back alive! This rally had a little bit of something for everyone - rain, snow, sleet, slush, hail, wind and even sunshine - all in 100 miles!! Not so bad though with the rain gear and the new Givi fairing - check the photos of the Special. Probabaly a couple hundred bikes (brave souls) and some great back roads that I will have to return to under better circumstances.

The ride met at Kelly's Olympian - great biker bar with all kinds of moto-memorabelia, including vintage bikes hanging from the ceiling! Work a stop if you have never been there.

Here is a link to some pics - see the glimpse of sun in a few of them?!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jlsells/SpringOpener2008

What's next on the PNW rally agenda?? Maybe a good showing of XS's for the Rose City 250 in PDX?? http://www.rose-city-mc.org/RCEventf...ers/250Cvr.pdf
                  Let me know if ya want to join in the fun.

Take care all, see ya next time
                  Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
                  2002 Ducati ST4S
                  2012 BMW F800R
                  1981 Suzuki GS450E
                  1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Glad you had fun Jeremy!

Our weather was plain weird! Snow, then rain, then sunshine, then back to snow and rain.

Nice pics! The fairing looks real nice on your bike.
                    Dave
                    1978 XS1100E
                    Tacoma, WA.

Comment

Working...
                    X