No announcement yet.

XSEast 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to revise the Saturday route. Just checking out the routes, one of the gas stop I had scheduled for Saturday looked pretty sketchy from the Google Streetview, really krappy little bldg, and the view was dated 2007, so I rerouted to a different gas stop that looked a bit more permanent.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Revised, see below.
    Last edited by MartyA; 05-23-2021, 04:57 PM. Reason: Revised, see below
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

And here is a revision to the Sunday route, the 'East' route. Darrell found a couple of rough spots so we revised it.

Revised, see below.
      Last edited by MartyA; 05-23-2021, 04:57 PM. Reason: Revised, see below.
      Marty in NW PA
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

MartyA sent me the upgraded route maps (version 0516) and I have put them up on the web page. https://www.appleattic.net/East2021/ Maps can be viewed, printed, or downloaded. Wish I could be there. 17 radiation treatments down, 5 to go, then another hormone therapy shot on June 1st. Getting through it with minor side effects to date.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          MartyA sent me the upgraded route maps (version 0516) and I have put them up on the web page. https://www.appleattic.net/East2021/ Maps can be viewed, printed, or downloaded. Wish I could be there. 17 radiation treatments down, 5 to go, then another hormone therapy shot on June 1st. Getting through it with minor side effects to date.
          Big thanks, Jerry! BUT, just found out that we're having issues with the Saturday lunch stop - the restaurant we originally targeted for Saturday is closing for that weekend. So please take down the Saturday route, still needs work.

Also, for everyone else's info, that one page list of stops will have to be revised.
          Stay tuned....
          Last edited by MartyA; 05-21-2021, 09:21 AM.
          Marty in NW PA
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

XS Easters, I'm still trying to attend; however, it'll have to be on the 18 FXLR as the XS1100 is not running yet. Having a few headwinds to contend with as well. Bad knees and this week they are both swelled up and walking is fairly difficult, not good for any riding. My daughter can't drive very well, she should have gotten her DL months ago..........but still hasn't passed drivers ed.......seems the daddy taxi will still be needed to get her to/from work. Again still trying to attend.

---Bax
            80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

This should be the final files for everyone. The Saturday route has been changed quite a bit due to lunch availability, but we're good to go. Sunday's route is basically the same, some timing adjustments were made but it should not be very much different.

Jerry
              Attached Files
              Marty in NW PA
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Latest revised route maps have been put on the web page site. I have also added a link to the Daily Stop Schedule. Page should be up-to-date now. Note the server updates about every 4 hours so you may need to wait and refresh to see the latest maps.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.

Comment

6 days to go. Marty and I have adjusted routes to ease routing and account for lunch venue changes.
                  For breakfast folks are on their own. Lori's is right next door, I'm not sure if the hotel has a breakfast of any sort.
                  Sat lunch at Western Sizzlin in Wellsley WV at 1200. Dinner at Patty's Place at 1730.
                  Sun lunch at Quinets, 1215. Dinner at Wings etc or Lori's.
                  Shirts are in and looking good
                  Darrell
                  78E
                  80G project
                  06FJR

Comment

Info from newc4 (Darrell) added to the web page, along with some other changes. Photo of T-Shirt has been added to the top of the page.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.

Comment

I'll be in Athens on Saturday to attend a car meet and was thinking about staying in Caldwell on the way home and say hello. Is anyone staying Sunday night? It would be great to see everyone again.
                      Mark Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by mastan View Post
                        I'll be in Athens on Saturday to attend a car meet and was thinking about staying in Caldwell on the way home and say hello. Is anyone staying Sunday night? It would be great to see everyone again.
                        Mark Stanton
                        Hope to see a few pics with you included, Mr. Mark!!
                        Marty in NW PA
                        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Have a great time everyone! Looks like nice weather for gearing up, putting masks in your pockets and laying down some miles of twisties. I'll catch the 2022 ride
                          1979 XS1100 Special
                          1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
                          1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
                          1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Mark, I think most of us will be staying Sun night. Hope to see you.
                            Darrell
                            78E
                            80G project
                            06FJR

Comment

bike is loaded up time to head west. see everybody in ohio .

thanks marty for working on routes

jerry for a great web page.

darrell for putting this all together
                              80 xs1100G

Comment

Plan to shove off at 6:00 and overnight with Wings30. Could be a soggy Friday ride.
                                Darrell
                                78E
                                80G project
                                06FJR

Comment

Working...
                                X