Southern Ohio Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never die

i'm X s jarhead myself i guess i should act my age.....aaaahhhh no way had way much more fun at 20 . Just have racing in my blood (thnXS dad ) he raced for 20 years in the hayday ,i just took out the corners and go for maXS speed now
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Oooorahh Chevy!
      Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
      78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
      02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

well i am am having a hay day trying to get this title all worked out and then my truck messed up so i got to go try to get a car loan today so i can go buy a used truck
        79 yamaha xs1100f standard
        best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Originally posted by LoserShoes
          Always gotta chuckle when you young'uns in your 40's think you're getting old. Come back when you start pushing up hard against 60.

Steve
          Really Steve. Funny how when I think I'm being cautious in my old age I'm just as fast or faster than the hard charging young guns. It's a case of age and experience overcoming youth and courage. Actually I'm not that old, 63, but it's just a number.

Here's some of the old but not slow greybeard gang:

Left to right: Frisco Mike, retired racer Hal Kenyon, Britbike Jim, 650 Mike. Hal's got probably 10 years on the rest of us and puts way more miles on his bikes too. Try staying with him in the twisties!
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

all southern ohio rider next fall we should all get together and go for a ride and for all that have followed the title mess i have got it all worked out and i am just waiting for a title to be mailed to me and then i will be legal and can ride anywhere i want to next summer so we will have to setup some rides and i dont know how good or bad of gas milage you guys get but i am only getting about 120 to a tank so if we go any farther we would have to plan a stop

Comment

Bandet,

Why wait til fall? April is only 4 and a half months away.

The Battle Cruiser has the "Walk"light come on at around 104. That means that 120 and I'm pushin'. I usually tank up at right around a 100. I have a Special tank so I am about half a gallon short of the regular XS's but I love that teardrop shape!
              Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
              78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
              02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

well i got the title all worked out i just got to load up the bike on the trailer and get it state inspected and get the plate and she will be ready to go anytime you guys are ready to go i mean there are a few things i still got to do to her this winter but i will have them done by april so let plan a weekend ride when the weather gets nice

i mean i got to finsh painting it
                get the exhaust on it
                get new coils and wires and plugs
                get the carbs tuned and i will be ready to ride anywhere

Comment

Working...
                X