Southern Ohio Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Ohio Riders

Would anyone be interested in some rides in Southern Ohio (East or West, makes no never mind to me) for the next season. (I realize that it's getting late now). I just got my XS and SWMBO and I are really enjoying the colors right now. I just think it would be more fun with other riders.

I did get 'adopted' by some Hog riders last weekend between Waynesville and Xenia where we parted directions. They were good people, even if they do go a little slow
    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

hey man i am in middletown i dont know how far away you are but i am always up for a ride next summer when i get mine all back together it is always fun riding with other xs1100 or older bikes, i mean all my freinds have newer bikes and i am the odd ball so anytime next summer i am ready to go
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

That would be great. I am still on the road with some heavy winter gear in the mornings. I am in Fairborn. I'll be taking mine down sometime in November I think for a new coat of paint.
      Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

hey buddy if it is nice out next weekend and i get everything taking care of this week with the bike you want to meet somewhere and go riding i am only 20 min away from the south edge of dayton

Comment

Swmbo would probably let me come out and play Saturday afternoon. She and I did a nice ride from Fairborn to Clifton, down to Xenia and over to Bellbrook yesterday. So far Weather.com says high 60s and showers for Saturday. Hope they are wrong about the showers (though I have ridden in light showers, just more cleaning when you get home).

When it finally gets too cold and wet to enjoy, I am taking the battle cruiser down and painting him. He also needs a few gaskets replaced and I want to build a dash for the fairing with an voltmeter, vaucuum guage and a clock. If I have room left over, I'll figure out how to get oil pressure and oil temp gauges in it.
          Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

well i will see what i can do since i got alot of stuff to do still but it is ready to ride but i got to do lincene stuff in order to ride it on the street and if you want we could go to a drag strip since i would like to make a few passes before the end of the year

Comment

I'll leave the dragging to you. I am an old man (46) and getting cautious in my old age. I do like a brisk ride on a curvy road, but I am past the go fast stage, I'm just happy to get there anymore.
              Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

Always gotta chuckle when you young'uns in your 40's think you're getting old. Come back when you start pushing up hard against 60.

Steve
                80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
                73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
                62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
                Norton Electra - future restore
                CZ 400 MX'er
                68 Ducati Scrambler
                RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Steve,

Compared to bandet, I am old. I think I recall seeing in an earlier post that he's 23. He brackets my own boys in age (24 and 22). All I was saying is that the Go Fast gene in me is receding (like my hairline). I'll still be riding when I hit sixty years young. I just won't be going 120.
                  Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

thats ok with me i ride the same speed as everybody eles but i like to hang it all out on the drag strip and go all out

Comment

Okay Bandet, let me know how things are going with the OBMV and such so I can butter up SWMBO.
                      Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

well buddy i aint going to be able to go this weekend i got to go back to the old owner and have him get the title fixed before i can get it put in my name so that means i cant get plates tell i get all that done so i am thinking about having my bro drag race it this weekend and see if we can get the 12.90 out of it this weekend

Comment

Man i'm 43 and still get hard when my scotter is doin tripple digits,bring it on bandit i'll run with ya can't wait till the run and gun were planin for next year really hope you git to the other side of 13, i been trying for 2 years now but then again i'm a cheap basturd.
                          1982 XJ 1100
                          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Ok, Bandet. Looks like we would have been washed out anyway. Weather man says rain on and off all day tomorrow. Looks like we have a few months to get our act together.

Chevy, what can I say? I spent 20 years in the Navy doing risky things, I guess my adrenaline gland is all tuckered out. Now only SWMBO gets me hard
                            Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

ok chevy well go for those 12 at the run in gun that we are planning for next fall and blue we will get together in the spring time when i get everything worked out and have the plate and title in my name

i am a cheap guy to chevy so i might see a 12.90 and i might not

Comment

Working...
                              X