Memorial Day 2005 Unrally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Ridge Parkway

Ron, according to Rider Magazine, the Parkway is expected to be closed from Mt. Mitchell to Rt. 80 [mile post 355-344] at least until midsummer 2005, due to last fall's landslide.
    Rider mag. states that detour options are apparently time consuming and a bit tricky------ you can check them
    at: www.motorcycleadventuremap.com/rdcd.html
    'Hope I got this to you in time to save you some time and trouble.
    Ride Safe,
    Greg C. in WV
    '80 XS1100-G "Christine"
    '93 KLX650-C1

P.S. Stop by anytime; I finish up my work week tonight on 3rd shift.

Comment

• Ron came by Sanford today on his way to Lexington N.C. for some Lexington barbeque. We had lunch and talked some and he continued on his trip north. Enjoyed seeing him again. Wish we had more time to visit but reality has kicked back in for me.

Greg, he is hitting the Parkway above the section that is closed. He was headed toward Fancy Gap from Lexington.

Ralph Meeks
      Ralph Meeks
      79F
      80SG

Comment

• Ron made it here, we put the 'wing up on the lift and fixed a few electrical gremlins.

He didn't make it soon enough to join me at Americade but we are having fun anyway.

Maybe we will take the Bandit and Tuono out for a ride later today, or go shooting or something.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

• I'm back home safe and sound. Just took a couple of days to get the internet working again.

Greg, thanks for the heads up. Ralph set me right as he says. I did think of stopping in to see you but I was feeling the draw towards home and blasted up interstate to Gary's after I finished Blue Ridge.

It was a really great trip. Thanks in no small part to the excellent folks in this community. I truely enjoyed and appreciated the time I've spent with all of you.

To finish up the saga, Gary, Dena, and I did get out on the bikes for 100 mi or so tour around his county. I was delighted to ride the Tuono. That snappy little ride is totally different from riding a wing. Fortunately basic riding techniques are portable to all bikes so after only a few miles and curves I was feeling great on it. What a blast. And we went shooting after that. No need to choose one or the other, eh?

Made my way around lake Ontario, taking a ferry in (?? forgot where) instead of the 1000 Islands bridge. Visited a friend in Quinte (area of last years Ontario XS rally) for some cool drinks. They are old XS owners and relatives to my friend I bought my XS from. Called ahead to hamjam and arranged to meet him on the road. Took some more lakeshore roads on Jim's advice, met up, and spent the evening at his place visiting the family. Home the next day, Tuesday about noon.

On the road 19 days, about 8-9000 kms travelled. All in all a great trip.

Comment

• Ron,

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound! I guess now this great rally is officially over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scootstado2
              Ron,

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound! I guess now this great rally is officially over.
              Yep, Me too Ron. It was good to see you here in Sanford.

My son signed a contract yesterday. They offered and he negotiated and accepted. The CEO Seemed to be very impressed with his work and progress. The best of luck to you in your search.

Russ, you got a point there. All over but the memories.

Ralph Meeks
              Ralph Meeks
              79F
              80SG

Comment

• no it ain't I still got shirts to get done
                Ralph

Comment

• Well, Ok.

Ralph Meeks
                  Ralph Meeks
                  79F