No announcement yet.

A Ride Through The Adirondacks (NY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon.was thinking of you ,you said you would like to ride up this way,well here's your chance.Yea,I just noticed ,it is labor day weekend,but that's ok with me.the date is still not set in stone.but it would be a nice weekend for a ride(if it doesn't rain) will have time to rest up before going back to work.Got at least 2-3 friends from out west that want to go to. I'm probably gonna get a motel room in Utica after the ride before coming back to Albany area if your interested,and can tolerate my snoring.
    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Sounds good . . . better than your snoring

I would love to do this. I have to play it by ear because of an exwife and kids and such. But that sounds like a beautiful trip . . . better than you can get down here in the urban/suburban sprawl of nyc.
      Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
      mods to come

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
        IDK but I'm willing to make the sacrifice and go check it out before we get around to making this trip. Maybe Gary is available to go check it out..? It will probably be Aug before I get the chance though...
        Might be able to do this in Aug.....first Sat is full (4th), I will know more this week. Sched is filling up fast. Let you know what days are left.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

this ride still on?
          80 xs1100G

Comment

I don't think so Earl,We really haven't been in contact lately. Part my fault,I had a major flood in my house and I have been setting up contractors and crap- like that. I'm sorry to everybody,but my wife is freaking,and wants her house back together.
            FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
            1999 Vulcan classic-sold
            1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Sorry guys, I really havent been an any position to take on a ride like this. Time is getting short this year and if I do get a chance it probably wont be planned. It might be possible to give a weeks notice but I have 2 weddings to attend within the next 3 weeks and dont expect to do it between then.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
              GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Wade, did you ever check out that Moose River Rd you mentioned? I looked on a detailed map and it looks pretty dubious in the middle. It also went by a different name on either end.

Hurricane Rd, Tracy Rd and Ensign Pond Rd are a couple to consider.
                80 SG
                81 SH in parts
                99 ST1100
                91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                  Wade, did you ever check out that Moose River Rd you mentioned? I looked on a detailed map and it looks pretty dubious in the middle. It also went by a different name on either end.

Hurricane Rd, Tracy Rd and Ensign Pond Rd are a couple to consider.
                  The most eastern part of the road from Boonville is smooth like butter until about the last mile or 2 before you reach rt 28 neat McKeever... didnt get a chance to ride the other part. The other part starts at 6th lake and is called Limekiln rd (co rt 14) and then turns into moose river rd then otterbrookrd then back to moose river... I think that part becomes a seasonal road and appreas to be a dead end in the heart of the wilderness. If by some chance I'm availableand this saturday or sunday and the weather is good Im ridin out there. Anyone interested? Its still tentative though...
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
                    The most eastern part of the road from Boonville,,,, The other part starts at 6th lake and is called Limekiln rd (co rt 14) and then turns into moose river rd then otterbrookrd then back to moose river....
                    Two entirely different roads. The Boonville to 28 road is the one I'm familiar with and it's excellent. The other one is what I wondered about from your original post.
                    80 SG
                    81 SH in parts
                    99 ST1100
                    91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                      Two entirely different roads. The Boonville to 28 road is the one I'm familiar with and it's excellent. The other one is what I wondered about from your original post.
                      Yeah, originally I thought the other part came out on rt 28 & 30 at cedar river golf course from co rt 12, cedar river road. It looks like the two ends are connected by possibly some hiking trails. Unfortunately I took my knobby tire off for the season.
                      '79 XS11 F
                      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                      Stock, no title.

Comment

The weather is looking grim, might trade the ride for a fishing pole and hit the water.

The fish are running and the season hasn't ever been this good.
                        http://www.salmoncrazy.com/
                        Last edited by WMarshy; 10-03-2012, 04:31 AM.
                        '79 XS11 F
                        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                        Stock, no title.

Comment

Had to work saturday and rain today...
                          '79 XS11 F
                          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                          Stock, no title.

Comment

Working...
                          X