Bear Mountain Run Aug 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Route maps

Over the past couple of days, this ride has taken on a life of it's own. Through one local contact a whole bunch of guys that I don't even know have piled on. That's a good thing, 'cause the pickin's in this area have always been slim as far as riding groups. This could be the beginning of a NYC XSive group. Guys, this route is a rough draft, it will change slightly due to traffic concerns. It was created by someone else, so don't blame me I just thought i should post this to give y'all a general idea of the itinerary and a preview of the lunch stop.

The route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...0&ie=UTF8&z=11

Lunch stop:

http://bourbonbbq.com/index.html

So here's the sketch. I'm meeting up with 16 give or take a few guys from the North Jersey area (none of which are from this board) at 326 main street in Hackensack, NJ at 10AM. Then up the Palisades Pkwy to meet up with Ben & Earl. We'll meet Russ and Ken +1 (also new guys) at the Bear Mountain Summit, then a ride through Bear Mtn park and some local roads to lunch.

Looks like we'll have over 20

Comment

Aw shucks no Mexican food...

So it looks like we'll ride first and eat last then split from the restaurant? Well the loop is good for me as this will have me headed south back to home..BTW BBQ is good it really doesn't matter 'cuz its a good excuse to get together...BTW where'd ya find all these ppl? Are they XS/XJ guys?...Weather is lookin' good too...
      Last edited by madmax-im; 08-13-2009, 08:33 AM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

one hot ride home

phew! even I took my jacket off on the last leg home...Randy i dunno where you picked up all those "dudes" but I suspect they wont be included the next time we wanna go for a ride...it was good to meet you and Helene...Russ and Chuck too...finally Earl...always good riding with you...at least there were 6 of us that knew how to really ride...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

i am home. one hot ride, meet new people to ride with. see old friends, ride a few hundred miles for a bite to eat.
          80 xs1100G

Comment

Long hot ride home. Put on some shorts, made a martini and lit a cigar and went out on my deck. Great to see the XSives again and our new member. Stay tuned for a pizza/sub run.

Comment

Helluva first run...

Randy,

Thanks for the invite I had a great time today. Helluva way to "break my cherry".

Glad to hook up with some fellow XSives.

Earl, Ben, and Russ, I look forward to many future miles,

I look forward to meeting more great people like the 5 of you.

Thanks,
              Chuck
              Chuck Ditta

2008 HD FatBoy - My experiment with the dark side!!!

1980 XS1100LG (Donated to a friend (and lifelong XS'er) in need)
              K&N Air Filter
              Mike's XS "Green" Coils

Comment

Another great day with great people (after we broke off from the snail parade). Thanks for being patient and awaiting at the summit. Man, it was HOT. the Taconic was like a convection oven. Made two stops for body cooling then had to make a stop for brake cooling after being in stop-n-go for 20 mi on the Hutchinson River Pkwy. My back brake was smokin'!

As Russ wrote, watch for a Mystic Submarine and Pizza run coming soon to a theater near you!

Chuck, welcome to the show. For all who will eventually meet Chuck, he personifies the XSive spirit. He had a fuel leak before the run and instead of bugging out, he fixed it and went anyway. Way to go, Chuck! Oh, and he has a Midnight oooohh!

The Hacienda on Route 218 in Hyland Falls, NY - great Mex food. If you're ever nearby, stop in.

Comment

Originally posted by Scootstado2 View Post
                  Long hot ride home. Put on some shorts, made a martini and lit a cigar and went out on my deck. Great to see the XSives again and our new member. Stay tuned for a pizza/sub run.
                  Cool Russ Mystic again!!
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

New thread

OK, due to popular demand I started a new thread for a Pizza & Submarine run (plus some local riding depending on time) to Mystic/New London, CT in September. Let me know your availability for the listed dates and we’ll get it going.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                      80 xs1100G

Comment

Working...
                      X